2008 Corvette - 436 hp and a new interior

Started by SVT666, April 27, 2007, 07:56:12 AM

SVT666

JYODER240

The interior does look alot better. I don't care for the orange leather, though.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

omicron

Thank goodness the hideous silvery stuff has gone. I'd be in a Corvette like a shot if I lived in the US and had the money.

Lebowski

I like the new interior and power upgrade but prefer the old wheels.

JYODER240

Quote from: Lebowski on April 27, 2007, 08:12:10 AM
I like the new interior and power upgrade but prefer the old wheels.

I like the old wheels better too. Especially the competition gray ones like yours.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Lebowski

Quote from: JYODER240 on April 27, 2007, 08:13:56 AM
I like the old wheels better too. Especially the competition gray ones like yours.

Thanks!? :ohyeah:

omicron

The Pirate

I really like the fact that it still gives you a lot of instruments.  I like having seeing the oil pressure and voltage gauges.  That interior does look great as well.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

omicron

Catman

They changed the color of some panels, big deal.  It's the same interior. :huh:

Raza

The interior looks better, not that it was bad before (those complaining about the C6 have obviously never even heard of the C5). 

Although, I guess this means that the used prices are going to drop like a smooth stone in still water, eh?  They get 30mpg, don't they?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Lebowski

Quote from: Catman on April 27, 2007, 08:39:36 AM
They changed the color of some panels, big deal.? It's the same interior. :huh:

They also added some stitching and changed the piece bordering around the center stack/center console from plastic painted to look like aluminum to plastic painted to look like carbon fiber.  Overall I think it looks pretty good, though I'm not sure I like the two-tone.

Omicron - ownership is going great after about a year and 12,000ish miles.  Definately no regrets, it's a great daily driver and I haven't had any issues with it since the defective top issue I ranted about last summer.

omicron

Quote from: Lebowski on April 27, 2007, 09:05:04 AM
They also added some stitching and changed the piece bordering around the center stack/center console from plastic painted to look like aluminum to plastic painted to look like carbon fiber. Overall I think it looks pretty good, though I'm not sure I like the two-tone.

Omicron - ownership is going great after about a year and 12,000ish miles. Definately no regrets, it's a great daily driver and I haven't had any issues with it since the defective top issue I ranted about last summer.

Awesome :rockon:

Raghavan

omicron

GoCougs

Raghavan

Quote from: omicron on April 27, 2007, 09:14:52 AM
ONOES DINGOEZ GOT UR BABIEZ
NVM I CAN SEE T3H PICS

I really like the interior aswell, but i could do without the orange leather. The old wheels are better than these new ones, but they aren't bad.

omicron

I'm excited. LS3 for HSV! Petition your Pontiac dealer for the LS3 instead of the L76.

SVT666

The panel gaps look tighter...especially around the center stack.

S204STi

It looks like they are using a stitched-leather look material all over the place instead of the plastic stuff of the first version interior.  Looks higher-class for sure, except for the color scheme.

Lebowski

Some more info on it:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1689214

- 430hp base, 436hp is w/ an optional "two mode" exhaust (I'm guessing butterfly valve like the ZO6?)

- Top speed increases from 186 to 190mph

- Revised steering system with "improved feel", would have to drive to tell if this is marketing BS

- 2 new colors, but replaced LeMans Blue w/ an ugly IMO "Jetstream Blue"

- OnStar and XM now standard

- MP3 input (this should have been standard on all C6s? :lockedup:)

- Apparently there's a new "4LT" option package, I have no idea what that includes

- Ther's also an optional "split spoke" wheel option, I saw a pic earlier and look better than the standard wheels IMO, and are also available in comp gray? :rockon:? There's a pic on page 4 of the corvetteforum thread I linked to above, I don't want to post the pics here cause they look like they're linked to someone's personal photo gallery.

chevyguy06

'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

VetteZ06

Quote from: Lebowski on April 27, 2007, 10:44:00 AM
- 430hp base, 436hp is w/ an optional "two mode" exhaust (I'm guessing butterfly valve like the ZO6?)

Pretty much, except the "lesser" Corvette has a 2.5-inch exhaust, as opposed to the Z06's 3.0-inch exhaust.

Catman

After seeing the new Cadillacs I have to think that GM could do better and I suppose they will eventually.  Not that it looks bad or anything I just feel it deserves better.

S204STi

Quote from: Catman on April 27, 2007, 11:49:47 AM
After seeing the new Cadillacs I have to think that GM could do better and I suppose they will eventually.? Not that it looks bad or anything I just feel it deserves better.

At that price, yes.  I agree that while it looks good it should look great.

ifcar

They changed the color of some panels, big deal.  It's the same interior. :huh:

Agreed. Maybe they improved the quality of a few materials, though.

Raza

Quote from: R-inge on April 27, 2007, 12:19:22 PM
At that price, yes.  I agree that while it looks good it should look great.

It's the second cheapest car on the market with that kind of power.  The cheaper one?  The GT500.  And that interior isn't as nice as the Corvette's.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

sandertheshark

Quote from: Raza  on April 27, 2007, 08:40:33 AM
The interior looks better, not that it was bad before (those complaining about the C6 have obviously never even heard of the C5). 

Although, I guess this means that the used prices are going to drop like a smooth stone in still water, eh?  They get 30mpg, don't they?
Something to replace the Boxster perhaps?

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Lebowski

They can get 30mpg highway driving, if you set cruise to ~65.  EPA is 18/28, you can get 28 on the highway if you drive the speed limit.  I usually avg more like 25 highway but I also average about 90mph and frequently drop to 5th gear to pass.

City mileage sucks though - I average about 12-14, though part of that is due to the shitty orlando traffic and my driving.