The reason for the ford diesel recall?

Started by Submariner, April 27, 2007, 05:15:05 PM

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Secret Chimp

Wow. I still don't understand if this is International's problem or Ford messing up their engine, but I don't get how something like that actually falls into a customer's hands.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

TBR

No kidding, that would be a great selling point to all of the rich rednecks down here that buy those things.

JWC

Software problem, takes about five minutes to correct.

This is what happens when the EPA specifies how a diesel should perform, IMHO. 

This is something the lowriders used to modify their cars to do....Ford added it to their trucks at no extra charge.

Onslaught

S204STi

I can't imagine how hot the turbo and any catalysts/particulate filters must be after that! :nono:

BartsSVO

Man...I only thought GE and Alco diesels were capable of shooting flames like that!
--Bart

1986 Mustang SVO
1995 Ranger XLT

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

FlatBlackCaddy

on a serious note ford needs to pull these affected trucks off the road asap.

Imagine the lawsuit of some kid or anyone gets 3rd degree burns from flames shooting out of the exhaust, or any possible structure fires from this problem.

That would be the last thing ford would need.

nickdrinkwater

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna