Hilbank CS8 Mustang

Started by TheIntrepid, April 27, 2007, 06:25:54 PM

TheIntrepid

http://www.dieselstation.com/n....html

One of our Dieselstation.com forum members just completed this free online magazine featuring the Hillbank Motorsports built Shelby CS8. This AWESOME looking ride pumps out 470 horses and 420 lb/ft of torque through a Paxton Novi 2200R high output supercharger. The car also features body mods seen on the CS6 Mustang that was shown at last year's SEMA along with 20" American Racing / Shelby Razor wheels, and stops with help from a 14" Baer brakes package. The suspension department is handled by Progress with full coilovers, sway bars, and control arms. Read more about it at the free online magazine . (You can read the entire article for free, or register to read the entire magazine free.)

Source: http://digital.tenmagazines.com/landing.aspx

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

sandertheshark

SVT666

Keep in mind that 470 hp is coming from a V6.  I love the way this car looks and when I get a Mustang those wheels are going on it.

TheIntrepid

Throwin' some D's on that Craig?

SVT666

Quote from: TheIntrepid on April 27, 2007, 11:24:56 PM
Throwin' some D's on that Craig?
No.  18s.  I don't like dubs.

Catman

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 27, 2007, 07:54:28 PM
Keep in mind that 470 hp is coming from a V6.  I love the way this car looks and when I get a Mustang those wheels are going on it.

Are we talking a significant weight advantage with the V6 (F/R bias?)?  Lighter certainly is better in this instance. :ohyeah:

SVT666

Quote from: Catman on April 28, 2007, 06:33:38 AM
Are we talking a significant weight advantage with the V6 (F/R bias?)?? Lighter certainly is better in this instance. :ohyeah:
I believe the GT has a 53/47 F/R weight distribution and the V6 has a 51/49.

S204STi

If it were me, I think I would put the twin turbo Duratec V6 in there (Noble M12 anyone?). Those seem to make a ton of power, and I would imagine it's a bit more refined than the 4.0.

SVT_Power

Quote from: R-inge on April 29, 2007, 10:17:07 AM
If it were me, I think I would put the twin turbo Duratec V6 in there (Noble M12 anyone?). Those seem to make a ton of power, and I would imagine it's a bit more refined than the 4.0.

doesn't it make 360HP? Compared to 470HP with the 4.0L?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

goldenlover1101

I love it. The hood and rims are kick ass!!!

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

S204STi

Quote from: M_power on April 29, 2007, 10:33:00 AM
doesn't it make 360HP? Compared to 470HP with the 4.0L?

Good point!  I guess the 4.0 would be the choice for ultimate power.

Nethead

Quote from: goldenlover1101 on April 29, 2007, 07:46:15 PM
I love it. The hood and rims are kick ass!!!

goldenlover1101:? Methinks the hood is the same hood found on the Shelby GT-H (NOT the Shelby GT).? I think Shelby buys them from an aftermarket outfit, so those hoods should be for sale separately from the GT-H.? The wheels can be bought from Shelby for sure, and possibly from the aftermarket manufacturer as well.? There is so much happening in the Mustang aftermarket that it's hard to keep track of it all...

BTW:  Is that your Lab in the pic?
So many stairs...so little time...

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on April 30, 2007, 08:16:34 AM
goldenlover1101:? Methinks the hood is the same hood found on the Shelby GT-H (NOT the Shelby GT).? I think Shelby buys them from an aftermarket outfit, so those hoods should be for sale separately from the GT-H.? The wheels can be bought from Shelby for sure, and possibly from the aftermarket manufacturer as well.? There is so much happening in the Mustang aftermarket that it's hard to keep track of it all...
The Shelby Razor wheels can be had through just about any wheel distributor including Tire Rack.  Surprisingly they aren't too expensive and you can get them for several different cars.  You can even get them for the 300 and Magnum.

J86

There are about a hundred bajillion Mustang variants!  I'm confuzzled!

TheIntrepid

Quote from: J86 on April 30, 2007, 08:56:21 AM
There are about a hundred bajillion Mustang variants!  I'm confuzzled!

They are what help Hemi sleep at night.

SVT666

Quote from: TheIntrepid on April 30, 2007, 09:21:10 AM
They are what help Hemi sleep at night.
Actually they keep me awake.  I can't stop thinking about them and after I sat down and did the math I realized that after we ahve a second kid and we ahve to pay for two kids in daycare I won't be able to afford another Mustang for a few more years after I was planning.  It's absolutely killing me.

Nethead

Quote from: J86 on April 30, 2007, 08:56:21 AM
There are about a hundred bajillion Mustang variants!? I'm confuzzled!

J86:? Fear not, J-Dude, the Nethead here has sorted out the twenty-six tuner and specialty companies (including Ford's SVT specialty branch) that build tuner/specialty Mustangs in the thread that starts off talking about the Vortech 510 HP Mustang (also in this forum topic).? The very first posting in that topic has a listing of them, and further postings in that topic discuss them to one degree or another.? Guaranteed to reduce confuzzlement by eighteen percent or your money back. :thumbsup:? Try the thread for thirty days, and if you are not completely satisfied, just mail me your girlfriend and receive a full refund from Doctor Nethead himself!? Offer void where prohibited by law--unless the girlfriend is really cute, of course.? ?No fat chicks. :nono:?
? ?
What?? Bad credit?? No problemo!? ?Just remove the clothing from said girlfriend and save a bundle on postage and handling!? And, if you are a first-timer reader of the thread, you may ship her COD if she's a winsome lass with a comely ass!? No reasonably hot chick will be refused!  Hurry!  Supplies are limited!

JYODER240

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 30, 2007, 09:43:54 AM
Actually they keep me awake.? I can't stop thinking about them and after I sat down and did the math I realized that after we ahve a second kid and we ahve to pay for two kids in daycare I won't be able to afford another Mustang for a few more years after I was planning.? It's absolutely killing me.

cars>kids
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

SVT666

Quote from: JYODER240 on April 30, 2007, 10:03:59 AM
cars>kids
I know you are being sarcastic, but fatherhood rocks.? I would go without a Mustang for the rest of my life if I had to.

Nethead

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 30, 2007, 10:31:44 AM
I know you are being sarcastic, but fatherhood rocks.? I would go without a Mustang for the rest of my life if I had to.

What HEMI666 said!

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on April 30, 2007, 10:47:41 AM
What HEMI666 said!
What happened to Hemidude?  I like Hemidude. :(

J86

Quote from: Nethead on April 30, 2007, 09:47:39 AM
J86:? Fear not, J-Dude, the Nethead here has sorted out the twenty-six tuner and specialty companies (including Ford's SVT specialty branch) that build tuner/specialty Mustangs in the thread that starts off talking about the Vortech 510 HP Mustang (also in this forum topic).? The very first posting in that topic has a listing of them, and further postings in that topic discuss them to one degree or another.? Guaranteed to reduce confuzzlement by eighteen percent or your money back. :thumbsup:? Try the thread for thirty days, and if you are not completely satisfied, just mail me your girlfriend and receive a full refund from Doctor Nethead himself!? Offer void where prohibited by law--unless the girlfriend is really cute, of course.? ?No fat chicks. :nono:?
? ?
What?? Bad credit?? No problemo!? ?Just remove the clothing from said girlfriend and save a bundle on postage and handling!? And, if you are a first-timer reader of the thread, you may ship her COD if she's a winsome lass with a comely ass!? No reasonably hot chick will be refused!? Hurry!? Supplies are limited!

Wow I just spit water all over the screen

Raghavan

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 30, 2007, 10:31:44 AM
You already have a kid. You don't have a Mustang. :nono:
I gave Soup DeVille a lot of crap for selling his S2000 for another kid. :rolleyes:

SVT666

TheIntrepid

I bet you Rag's going to be a father with a bicycle one day.

Nethead

Quote from: TheIntrepid on April 30, 2007, 12:03:59 PM
I bet you Rag's going to be a father with a bicycle one day.

And I bet you Rag's going to be a father of a bicycle one day. ;)

Nethead

Quote from: J86 on April 30, 2007, 11:01:05 AM
Wow I just spit water all over the screen

If water does that to you, God help us all when you get ahold of hard liquor!

LonghornTX

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 30, 2007, 08:20:02 AM
The Shelby Razor wheels can be had through just about any wheel distributor including Tire Rack.? Surprisingly they aren't too expensive and you can get them for several different cars.? You can even get them for the 300 and Magnum.
And they are heavy as sin from what I hear......

Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

MX793

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 27, 2007, 07:54:28 PM
Keep in mind that 470 hp is coming from a V6.

The 470 hp CS8 uses a supercharged V8, not a V6.  The CS6 (which makes around 350 hp) is the V6 version.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5