34 (77.3%)
10 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 39

SVT666

Quote from: sandertheshark on April 30, 2007, 06:19:54 PM
+2, except I'd only by 10 other cars.
+3, except I would buy a McLaren. :ohyeah:

JYODER240

Not even a choice, i'll take the McLaren. I despise the Veyron even though I would sell a kidney to get to drive one.

Isn't the S7 TT Competition faster than the Veyron??
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

SVT666

Quote from: Payman on May 01, 2007, 05:12:43 AM
The McLaren has/always will look better, is not quicker by much, only 64 100 McLarens built and are revered by enthusiasts... will appreciate in value moreso than the Veyron, and Gordon Murray is God.
Hell yeah he is. :rockon:? When cars you design get banned by F1 because they are so much faster then the rest of the field....you're a God!

QuoteS7??? Unsophisticated V8 lump of ugly carbon fiber.
Bite me.? The S7 rocks!

chevyguy06

'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

Nethead

One of the Beatles own--or owned, if it was Lennon or Harrison--a McLaren.  'Seems like it was McCartney--Lennon & Harrison don't seem like dudes who would care that much.  If it was McCartney, Heather Mills probably owns it now... :(
So many stairs...so little time...

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on May 01, 2007, 09:51:16 AM
One of the Beatles own--or owned, if it was Lennon or Harrison--a McLaren.? 'Seems like it was McCartney--Lennon & Harrison don't seem like dudes who would care that much.? If it was McCartney, Heather Mills probably owns it now... :(
I know Mr. Bean totalled one and then bought another.

J86

Mclaren, although, unlike most people here, i think  the veyron is cool

Nethead

JYODER240:  "Isn't the S7 TT Competition faster than the Veyron??"
YoDude, the proven production car speed record of 252 MPH is held by the Veyron--several others claim they're faster, but so far none of them have had the cojones to take their hardware to the instrumented test track at Nardo, Italy and put their right feet where their mouths are. 

Talk is cheap.  The production car speed record is not.  Look at the price tags of the last three proven fastest production cars in the world:  the Bugatti Veyron, the Koenigsegg CCR, and the McLaren F1.  The Nethead here does not know what car held the record before the McLaren F1--some model of Lamborghini?  A Countach, perhaps?  Post it if you know it.

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on May 01, 2007, 10:00:28 AM
JYODER240:? "Isn't the S7 TT Competition faster than the Veyron??"
YoDude, the proven production car speed record of 252 MPH is held by the Veyron--several others claim they're faster, but so far none of them have had the cojones to take their hardware to the instrumented test track at Nardo, Italy and put their right feet where their mouths are.?

Talk is cheap.? The production car speed record is not.? Look at the price tags of the last three proven fastest production cars in the world:? the Bugatti Veyron, the Koenigsegg CCR, and the McLaren F1.? The Nethead here does not know what car held the record before the McLaren F1--some model of Lamborghini?? A Countach, perhaps?? Post it if you know it.
The Diablo held the record after the Countach, and the Jaguar XJ220 held it somewhere in there as well.

SaltyDog

The Veyron is like the Hummer H2 of exotics.  Mclaren for me.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

omicron

Veyron, but only because it looks far, far more modern than the McLaren, and I would never buy a car this fast for track fun.

Nethead

Quote from: HEMI666 on May 01, 2007, 10:04:07 AM
The Diablo held the record after the Countach, and the Jaguar XJ220 held it somewhere in there as well.

HemiDude (There, is that better? :praise:), this sounds correct--I knew the Diablo was supposedly faster than the Countach, but I did not know if McLaren had set the record before the Diablo was introduced.  Also, I sorta remember that the XJ220 held the record once upon a time, but then there was this controversy about the XJ220 only having a twin-turbo V6 instead of the concept's V12 which made me wonder if it was a true production streetcar XJ220 that set the record.  Do you know what year the XJ220 set the record?  What I'm trying to figure out is whether the Cobra 427--which held the record for a year or two in the mid-'Sixties--was the last car under $100,000 to hold the title of the world's fastest production car.  Some dudes over in the old AutoWeek forums researched old fastest production car records and found that the Cobra 427 was the last pushrod-engined vehicle to hold the title of world's fastest production car, but I don't know what vehicle came next.

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on May 01, 2007, 11:15:47 AM
HemiDude (There, is that better? :praise:), this sounds correct--I knew the Diablo was supposedly faster than the Countach, but I did not know if McLaren had set the record before the Diablo was introduced.? Also, I sorta remember that the XJ220 held the record once upon a time, but then there was this controversy about the XJ220 only having a twin-turbo V6 instead of the concept's V12 which made me wonder if it was a true production streetcar XJ220 that set the record.? Do you know what year the XJ220 set the record?? What I'm trying to figure out is whether the Cobra 427--which held the record for a year or two in the mid-'Sixties--was the last car under $100,000 to hold the title of the world's fastest production car.? Some dudes over in the old AutoWeek forums researched old fastest production car records and found that the Cobra 427 was the last pushrod-engined vehicle to hold the title of world's fastest production car, but I don't know what vehicle came next.
The Diablo was introduced in 1990 and the McLaren F1 was introduced in 1994.  The Diablo had a top speed of 202 mph and the McLaren was 242 (although 231 at Nardo).

Lebowski

Quote from: HEMI666 on May 01, 2007, 10:04:07 AM

You said it before I could, I believe it was the XJ220 that held the record just before the McLaren, w/ a top speed of 212mph.

Oh and I'd take a McLaren over the Veyron and never look back.

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: Raza  on April 30, 2007, 03:33:13 PM
I'm going to guess about 3 votes for the Veyron.  Trep, Drinkwater, and at least one wildcard.

:nono:  Although I like the Veyron, I'd voted for the F1.  They're both amazing technical achievements, but I think the F1 managed it will less resources.  When I saw an F1 in a dealer I was more excited than when I stumbled on a Veyron, although both have the 'wow' factor.

Plus the F1 is British  :lol:

TheIntrepid

DRINKWATER!!! DISGRACE!!!!

:mask:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

AHHHHH what have you started with this first post Hemi666?

You should demand royalties from all those imposter threads.

SVT666

Quote from: 565 on May 06, 2007, 11:32:27 AM
AHHHHH what have you started with this first post Hemi666?

You should demand royalties from all those imposter threads.
I'm sorry.  It was a really slow couple of days on CarSPIN and I wanted to liven things up a little.  I guess it worked...too well. :mask: