Then vs. Now 2

Started by SVT666, May 01, 2007, 10:23:49 AM

1997 Viper GTS vs. 2007 Viper SRT-10 Coupe

15 (53.6%)
13 (46.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

SVT666

It may not be as fast, and it may not be as powerful, but it's way more badass then the new one.  1997 Viper GTS for me.

heelntoe

i chose the 97 gts. but i would rather take the normal SRT-10 over either of these coupes.
@heelntoe

SaltyDog

I'll take the new one, uh, cause it's better.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

CMan

Quote from: Morris Minor on September 26, 2008, 08:43:28 AM
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.

Tave

'97 for me too. It ain't like either of them are hurting for power, and the first body style looks better.

My friend's dad has a black 97 (I think) vert. It's wicked. He bought it shortly before Montana elimitated the "no speed limit" speed limit on the highway.

160+ mph on I-90, whohoo? :rockon:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Nethead

Quote from: HEMI666 on May 01, 2007, 10:23:49 AM
It may not be as fast, and it may not be as powerful, but it's way more badass then the new one.? 1997 Viper GTS for me.

What HemiDude said!
So many stairs...so little time...

ChrisV

Normally I'd choose the earlier car, as it;s just beautiful. But in the blue with white stripes, the new one is pretty good looking too, and better overall. So I chose that one. It's new GTS in blue with white stripes, old GTS in blue with white stripes, then every other Viper. lol!
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Raza

The old one looks better, but the new one handles better...hard question to answer.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

sandertheshark

Quote from: Raza  on May 01, 2007, 06:07:35 PM
The old one looks better, but the new one handles better...hard question to answer.
Yeah, tough call.  I think my gut call would be to take the new one.  But the GTS will probably be collectible someday.

nickdrinkwater

The Original....and best!

ro51092

New one. It handles a little better, and isn't much tamer.

Raza

Quote from: sandertheshark on May 01, 2007, 06:10:33 PM
Yeah, tough call.  I think my gut call would be to take the new one.  But the GTS will probably be collectible someday.

Well, the old one did handle like shit.  But, I don't think that matters much when it looks that good.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

LonghornTX

I chose the new one for its increased performance and better handling.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

Onslaught

Neither. I just never like this car much.

JYODER240

The old one looks better, thats it. There's a 98 RT/10 (not a GTS but very similar) at my work. It's the coolest, fastest piece of junk i've ever seen.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 01, 2007, 08:49:30 PM
The old one looks better, thats it. There's a 98 RT/10 (not a GTS but very similar) at my work. It's the coolest, fastest piece of junk i've ever seen.

+2
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

chevyguy06

New one please, in that paint scheme too. :lol:
'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

goldenlover1101

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

omicron

Raghavan

850CSi

New one, though I'm not a big Viper guy.

BimmerM3

In most cases I'd take the new car, but this is an exception. The first gen Viper is one of the most beautiful cars ever made.