Then vs. Now 4

Started by SVT666, May 02, 2007, 10:52:47 AM

1997 Diablo vs. 2007 Murcielago

9 (26.5%)
25 (73.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

SVT666

I would have taken the Diablo up until last summer when I finally saw a Murcielago on the road and in the metal, and now it's Murcielago all the way...especially the LP640.

MrH

I voted Murcielago, but in all honesty, I'd take a Gallardo over both of them.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

93JC

omicron

Tave

Toughest one yet. I think I'll go with the Murcielago.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Nethead

So many stairs...so little time...

ChrisV

the Murcie is like a Countach with real build quality. I'd rather have the Gallardo, too, but in this comparo, the Murcie wins for me.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Diablo.  More crazy, more attitude.  Pre Audi.

SVT666

Quote from: 565 on May 02, 2007, 11:33:02 AM
Diablo.? More crazy, more attitude.? Pre Audi.
I love the Diablo, but after I saw the Murcie in person I couldn't believe how much more badass it is.  It also performs better, and has actual reliability.

JYODER240

As far as supercars go neither does that much for me, but out of these two i'll take the Murc.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

the Teuton

I'd pick up a Diablo VTTT or a Jota.  750 horsepower doesn't lie.  The Diablo also came in RWD, which the Murcielago does not.  I'd probably get an AWD one anyway.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raghavan

J86

I don't care, I LOVE Lamborghinis.  Can you get more obnoxious?

Onslaught

Quote from: ChrisV on May 02, 2007, 11:32:46 AM
the Murcie is like a Countach with real build quality. I'd rather have the Gallardo, too, but in this comparo, the Murcie wins for me.
+1

giant_mtb

I could prolly get a lot more poon with the Murcielago.
:huh:

goldenlover1101

murcie for me. That is by far the most badass current supercar. I love it!

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

sandertheshark

Diablo VT would fit in my imaginary collection better.  I have plenty of cars that are faster than a Murcielago, not many as badass as a Diablo.  I'd also like a 80-someting Countach and a Gallardo Spyder.

850CSi

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 02, 2007, 11:49:54 AM
As far as supercars go neither does that much for me, but out of these two i'll take the Murc.

+1

ro51092

I think I'll take the Murci?lago.

nickdrinkwater

The new one.  I'm sure it's easier to live with and less of a pig to drive.

MidnightDave

:evildude: The Devil made me vote this way. That and I'm old school, and the thing just looks so aggressive!
2006 Lexus IS350 - bone stock wouldn't change a thing
2006 MINI Cooper S - For Sale!
2002 Toyota Tacoma - A man and his truck, it's a beautiful thing!

Raza

Diablo, I've got too.  The Murcielago is just a little too sane.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT_Power

Diablo for me. Murcie is great looking as well, but the Diablo is irresistable
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

chevyguy06

'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

CMan

Quote from: Morris Minor on September 26, 2008, 08:43:28 AM
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.

the Teuton

SE30 Jota - 595 hp, lightweight model, 27 built
VTTT- Quad turbo, AWD, 750 hp, $380,000, 7 built

On a side note, I just researched and found out that the exposed headlights on the Diablo are the same as the ones used on the 300ZX.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raza

Watched that yesterday. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

1 BAD 7

Me too :rockon:

Quote from: MrH on May 02, 2007, 10:58:46 AM
I voted Murcielago, but in all honesty, I'd take a Gallardo over both of them.

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com