Started by nickdrinkwater, May 05, 2007, 12:29:56 PM

Which would you take as a daily driver?

Model T
5 (23.8%)
Ford Focus
16 (76.2%)

Total Members Voted: 19

nickdrinkwater

I would take the Model T.  I don't like the way they redesigned the styling for the new Focus.

JYODER240

I'm pretty sure that anyone who takes a Model T over a Focus as a daily driver has a screw loose.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

sandertheshark

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 05, 2007, 12:31:07 PM
I'm pretty sure that anyone who takes a Model T over a Focus as a daily driver has a screw loose.
That be me.

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

JYODER240

Quote from: sandertheshark on May 05, 2007, 12:32:13 PM
That be me.

You'd really prefer to drive a model T on your daily commute rather than a focus?
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

sandertheshark

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 05, 2007, 12:43:36 PM
You'd really prefer to drive a model T on your daily commute rather than a focus?
Absolutely.  I can stay off the freeway, and I only have to go five miles.  I wouldn't want it as my only car but I would much rather drive one to work every day than a Focus.

Raza

Give me a Focus ST.  Hell, I'd even take an orange one, if I had to.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

nickdrinkwater

I'm surprised at how seriously people are taking this seeing as I started it with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek!

Raghavan

93JC

I voted Model T. Facetiously.

Obviously, a Focus makes a better DD. But one of my dreams, silly as it is, is to drive a Model T. I vaguely know the mechanics of it: two pedals for gears, one pedal for the engine brake (no wheel brakes), throttle lever on the steering wheel, and another handle for the parking brake/going into neutral/going into high gear. The fact that it's so different from today's standard M.O. is very appealing for some reason.

Michael Estorol

I don't mind which, as long as it's black.

MidnightDave

The model T wouldn't pass Char/Meck/NC emissions, so I'd have to push it to work and coast on the hills. Too much effort, so I'd sit in the econobox and keep my eyes pasted straight ahead, lest a coworker realize it's me in there...
2006 Lexus IS350 - bone stock wouldn't change a thing
2006 MINI Cooper S - For Sale!
2002 Toyota Tacoma - A man and his truck, it's a beautiful thing!

Onslaught

I'll just walk thank you.