Then vs. Now 15

Started by Danish, May 06, 2007, 12:54:50 AM

Pick your weapon

19 (48.7%)
20 (51.3%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Tave

Quote from: ChrisV on May 08, 2007, 07:53:44 AM
No, you said it was SHIT, asshat. There's a fucking difference. That's like saying to all the people who like it, "So, you like SHIT, do you?

Get a clue, retard. If you're going to be insulting, be prepared to be insulted BACK. Fucker.

No, I said it LOOKS LIKE 80's SHIT, meaning, I think a lot of cars from the 80's look like shit. If someone feels my general opinion on 80's automotive design is personally insulting, then they need to grow up. I don't like edge/box styling. It doesn't work for me. I think it looks like shit.

Listen Chris, your post was extremely insulting, moreso than my own opinion that was directed at thin air. Just because I don't like a car's styling shouldn't make anyone else feel bad about liking it. That's just petty. So too is your post. It was just incredibly unneccessary.

For someone that's calling me "immature," you seem to have no problem falling back on juvenal namecalling. Bravo.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Raghavan

Quote from: Tave on May 08, 2007, 08:08:37 AM
No, I said it LOOKS LIKE 80's SHIT, meaning, I think a lot of cars from the 80's look like shit. If someone feels my general opinion on 80's automotive design is personally insulting, then they need to grow up. I don't like edge/box styling. It doesn't work for me. I think it looks like shit.

Listen Chris, your post was extremely insulting, moreso than my own opinion that was directed at thin air. Just because I don't like a car's styling shouldn't make anyone else feel bad about liking it. That's just petty. So too is your post. It was just incredibly unneccessary.

For someone that's calling me "immature," you seem to have no problem falling back on juvenal namecalling. Bravo.
You spelled juvenile wrong. :nono:

ChrisV

I'm just trying to return what you were dishing out, to prove that being insulting makes people angry. you got angry for being insulted, but expect to be able to insult whatever YOU wants without comment. That's hypocritical at best.

Maybe if I'm mean enough (look under my name <-----) you'll get the idea that you can voice a dissenting opinion effectively without the use of insulting, inflammatory language. And that you (or anyone) can prefer a different car without trying to prove that they are narrowminded pricks.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Tave

Quote from: ChrisV on May 08, 2007, 08:12:29 AM
I'm just trying to return what you were dishing out, to prove that being insulting makes people angry. you got angry for being insulted, but expect to be able to insult whatever YOU wants without comment. That's hypocritical at best.

Maybe if I'm mean enough (look under my name <-----) you'll get the idea that you can voice a dissenting opinion effectively without the use of insulting, inflammatory language. And that you (or anyone) can prefer a different car without trying to prove that they are narrowminded pricks.

Chris, I insulted an INANIMATE OBJECT. My post was directed at NO ONE. You called me a "fucker" and a "retard." Can you understand why it would upset a person to be insulted more than a fucking car?

Styling is perhaps THE most subjective aspect of auto enthusiasm. People on this forum use words like "shit" to describe WHAT THEY THINK OF A CAR all the time. It doesn't bother anyone, apparently, but you. Do I get mad when Raza complains that new BMW's look like ass, even though I really like them? Hell no. That would be pointless. Styling is subjective, therefore people are going to interpret designs differently. Sometimes that interpretation will be extreme and call for harsh criticism, sometimes it will be more mild.

Live and let live man.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Tave

Quote from: Raghavan on May 08, 2007, 08:12:25 AM
You spelled juvenile wrong. :nono:

And I'm the friggin English major.

Raghavan

Quote from: Tave on May 08, 2007, 08:24:50 AM
And I'm the friggin English major.
It makes you look st00pit. :nono:
I'm just kidding man. :lol:

Tave

Just to clarify, I think that almost every high performance exotic/import from this period is wanting (as well as most of the domestics). I think the Ferraris of this time look horrible. I think Mercedes of this era look bad. I think the Audi's look nasty. The early Toyota Supra, IMO, looks god-awful. About the only sports-car from this time I like (style-wise), is the 911, and that design obviously came from much earlier. The C4 aint that pretty. Neither is the Fox Mustang.

If that makes me a "retard" and a "fucker" then so be it.

TheIntrepid

E46; I never liked the look of the E30.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

1 BAD 7

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com

Raza

I do want an E30 M3 so.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CMan

Quote from: Morris Minor on September 26, 2008, 08:43:28 AM
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.

CMan

Wow, I just tied it up! :lol:
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.

Raza

To all those that chose E46:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CMan

To all those who chose E30:

:P :P ;)

Raza

Quote from: CMan on May 09, 2007, 04:41:57 PM
To all those who chose E30:

:P :P ;)

This could go on all day, so let's end it here.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i