Started by Danish, May 06, 2007, 12:54:50 AM

Pick your weapon

19 (48.7%)
20 (51.3%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Danish

E30 vs E46 M3... what would you like?
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

goldenlover1101

Easy...E46 for me. They are awesome and the M3 kicks some serious ass.

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

heelntoe

@heelntoe

Raza

E30, and lower back pain to all those who choose E46!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tave

46. That E30 really looks like 80s shit. Plus, you get an I-6 with the newer one, which feels like sex in almost any car.

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

sportyaccordy

Are you fucking kidding me?????

SVT666

Raghavan

Danish

Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

CJ

MidnightDave

Will I ever shut up? No.

When I went to VIR recently with the BMWCCA, (the MINI earned me an admission pass), a saw a gazillion of each, and the E30 just looks so much better in race form--which is exactly what I'd do with it!
2006 Lexus IS350 - bone stock wouldn't change a thing
2006 MINI Cooper S - For Sale!
2002 Toyota Tacoma - A man and his truck, it's a beautiful thing!

heelntoe

Quote from: MidnightDave on May 06, 2007, 01:04:19 PM
Will I ever shut up? No.

When I went to VIR recently with the BMWCCA, (the MINI earned me an admission pass), a saw a gazillion of each, and the E30 just looks so much better in race form--which is exactly what I'd do with it!
:ohyeah:
i would feel sad if i didn't take such a car to a race track.
@heelntoe

sandertheshark

I picked an e30, but I'd rather have the E92.

ro51092

sportyaccordy

Quote from: heelntoe on May 06, 2007, 01:07:06 PM
:ohyeah:
i would feel sad if i didn't take such a car to a race track.

Exactly...

New ///M cars are high tech showpieces... I'd be scared as hell to take an E46 to the track.

An E30 looks like the car that you could beat on that would love it and beg for more.

ChrisV

E 30. The 4 is better than the 6. And the feeling is better in the lighter, more raw car. '80's shit? Is it necessary to be insulting or are you just trying to prove that you can be more closedminded and immature than anyone else?   :nono: :banghead:
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

omicron

850CSi

Don't make me choose!

I've only driven one of them. E46 for me, although the E30 is a special machine. I think the E92 is a better car than them both, but not as good-looking (which isn't saying much.)  :rockon:

MexicoCityM3

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

the Teuton

The E30 weighs something like 2,800 lbs.  The E46 weighs 3,400+ lbs.  Kicking it old school would be so much more fun. 
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

LonghornTX

Easy pick for me.  E30 all the way, but more importantly, the Sport Evolution model.  This tasty homologation special weighed only 2,645 lb.

A pretty informative website:
http://www.bimmers.com/m3/sportevo/index.html

Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

Raghavan

LonghornTX

E30 M3, from member larry lawless of 2addicts.com:

Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

Raghavan

I wouldn't drive something that beautiful out in public.

ChrisV

Tave

Quote from: ChrisV on May 07, 2007, 09:33:27 AM
E 30. The 4 is better than the 6. And the feeling is better in the lighter, more raw car. '80's shit? Is it necessary to be insulting or are you just trying to prove that you can be more closedminded and immature than anyone else?? ?:nono: :banghead:

Is it necessary for me to like or even appreciate 80's styling cues?  :banghead:

I said I don't like how it looks. Get over it.

And "better" is a very generic term. Why is the 4 "better" than the 6? It doesn't make "better" power, it doesn't rev "better," it isn't "better" balanced.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

ChrisV

Quote from: Tave on May 08, 2007, 07:39:52 AM
Is it necessary for me to like or even appreciate 80's styling cues?  :banghead:

I said I don't like how it looks. Get over it.

No, you said it was SHIT, asshat. There's a fucking difference. That's like saying to all the people who like it, "So, you like SHIT, do you?

Get a clue, retard. If you're going to be insulting, be prepared to be insulted BACK. Fucker.

Raghavan

Tension is getting a little high in here.
Because of that I'll start spamming more E30 M3 pics (the greatest BMW ever with exception to the 2002. :rockon:)

:praise:

The ONLY thing i don't like about the car is how the trunklid kind of "spills over" the back. The trunklid looks a bit wierd, but other than that it's perfect and i'm being nitpicky.