'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

SVT666

'57 for me.  it's an offroad beast.

Raghavan

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TheIntrepid

2007. Reliability on the '57 would be a nightmare.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Rupert

'57, but I'd rather a '77.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

sandertheshark

280Z Turbo

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 06, 2007, 01:11:14 PM
2007. Reliability on the '57 would be a nightmare.

Why?

If it was nicely restored it might be more reliable.

Gas mileage would be worse!

JYODER240

07, whats the point of owning the 57? It does nothing better than the 07.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

goldenlover1101

2007-the 57 has no real advantage.

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

Rupert

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 06, 2007, 09:32:10 PM

Except be a huge beast.

I can imagine that the '57 is rather better than the '07 off-road.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

SVT_Power

new one. but my favorite is the previous gen
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Rupert

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

J86

Rupert

Tell you what... Sheeit.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

Raghavan

Rupert

SVT_Power

JYODER240

Quote from: Psilos on May 06, 2007, 11:20:16 PM
Except be a huge beast.

The 07 is also more relieble, better build, quicker, handles better, rides better, has a nicer interior, tow's more, etc. basically it does just about every thing better.

etypeJohn

I wouldn't buy either one, but the 57 model has character lacking in modern vehicles.

sandertheshark

Quote from: Psilos on May 06, 2007, 11:20:16 PM
Except be a huge beast.

Somehow I don't think so.

sandertheshark

Quote from: Psilos on May 07, 2007, 01:29:19 AM
Pfft...

Put those tires and good lift kit on an '07, and I doubt there's anything that Suburban will do better than a new one either.  Except rock crawling - you definitely want a live front axle for that - but anyone who picks a Suburban to do that is an idiot anyway.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 06, 2007, 09:32:10 PM

What's the point? Man, somethings don't need to be explained, and if they do, the person you're explaining then to will probably miss the point anyways.

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

JYODER240

Quote from: Soup DeVille on May 07, 2007, 07:38:21 PM
What's the point? Man, somethings don't need to be explained, and if they do, the person you're explaining then to will probably miss the point anyways.

Sorry but owning an SUV to me is like owning a lawn mower. The only point of one is to accomplish some chore. So whats the point of the 57 if the 07 can accomplish those things better?

Soup DeVille

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 07, 2007, 08:02:11 PM
Sorry but owning an SUV to me is like owning a lawn mower. The only point of one is to accomplish some chore. So whats the point of the 57 if the 07 can accomplish those things better?

For one, there was nothing called an SUV in '57.

For another, what 'chores' can the new one accomplish better?

Do you need to do those chores.

One is cool. The other is not.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

JYODER240

Quote from: Soup DeVille on May 07, 2007, 08:06:57 PM
For one, there was nothing called an SUV in '57.

For another, what 'chores' can the new one accomplish better?

Do you need to do those chores.

One is cool. The other is not.

The new one can tow more, rides better, handles better, has a nicer interior, gets better gas mileage, most likely is more relieble, etc.

The only reason I'd own one of these is if I needed one, and the only reason I would need one is to accomplish something that only a vehicle of this type could do. Why would I rather have the inferior vehicle? and cooler is subjective.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: JYODER240 on May 07, 2007, 08:11:19 PM
The new one can tow more, rides better, handles better, has a nicer interior, gets better gas mileage, most likely is more relieble, etc.

The only reason I'd own one of these is if I needed one, and the only reason I would need one is to accomplish something that only a vehicle of this type could do. Why would I rather have the inferior vehicle? and cooler is subjective.

You should take a municipal bus everywhere you go. Or a Segway scooter.