I was pulled over for the first time to day.

Started by SargeMonkey, June 19, 2005, 12:55:50 AM

SargeMonkey

Well lets start at the begining. Me and my mom were driving to our new house, we had steam cleaned it so the windows were open, we were going to close them. Well there were two cop cars sitting next to each other blocking 3/4 of the road, they were talking, so I went around, and one of them folowed me and I didn't notice, and when I stoped he had his lights on and I didn't see them, my moms car has a lot of blind space. So he hit his siren, it scared the crap out of me. It was because we don't have a front license plate, the threads are striped out and we can't replace the nuts. Plain and simple no ticket he just said fix it when you can, them almsot ran over a small child.
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454
`70 Chevy Fleetside (non running)
`91 Camry XL All-trac 4cyl
`86 Toyota Pickup (475k miles)
`92 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 4" lift 35" tires.

dazzleman

Dude, getting pulled over is one of those things where the fear is worse than the reality.  Assuming that you're not wanted on any type of warrant, and you're not doing anything illegal other than a standard moving violation, you can develop a more nonchalant attitude to getting pulled over.

Still, there's always that nervous reaction when you first learn that you're about to have a roadside meeting with an LEO.  It's just instinctive, like I used to get in high school when I had to go to the dean's office.  You know the worst you can get is a minor ticket, you know it's no big deal, but there's still a little bit of fear.

I get nervous also when I have to go to court for a ticket.  Again, I know that the stakes are not high.  The worst they can hit me with is a minor fine.  But just the idea of being a defendant, however minor, in the court system and having somebody you don't know judging you and punishing you creates a little nervousness.

Now that you've gotten pulled over for the first time, and it didn't turn out to be anything bad, it will be easier next time.  I drove quite a while before I got pulled over for the first time (I got a ticket), but once that happened, I loosened up quite a bit (i.e., drove faster) and got pulled over and ticketed more.  So getting that first ticket had the exact opposite of the intended effect.  Rather than "scaring me straight," it taught me that getting nailed is no big deal, and that there was no need to try too hard to avoid it.  :rockon:  
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

850CSi

I'm just shit scared of getting pulled over right now because I'm under supervision and my parents are the ones paying for insurance, etc.

I've been pulled over twice.

SargeMonkey

We still need to fix that damn plate, I think double sided tape should work well.
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454

L. ed foote

QuoteWe still need to fix that damn plate, I think double sided tape should work well.
tie wraps work too
Member, Self Preservation Society

R33 GT-R

QuoteWe still need to fix that damn plate, I think double sided tape should work well.
tie wraps work too
One of my personal favorites, a coathanger.  They are also good for closing pesky trunks and holding on problematic quarterpanels.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

SargeMonkey

Now the front plastic skid plate that protects, well I don't know, is falling off. <_<  
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454

R33 GT-R

QuoteNow the front plastic skid plate that protects, well I don't know, is falling off. <_<
coathanger.

BartsSVO

I've got zip ties holding up my tag in the rear. The plastic nuts are stripped out and I'm too lazy to hunt down any larger screws to secure the tag in place. It looks ghetto but it works fine.
--Bart

1986 Mustang SVO
1995 Ranger XLT

R33 GT-R

L. ed foote

Member, Self Preservation Society

R33 GT-R

Quotecoathanger
bungee cord
rusty coathanger, with torn fabric and maybe some skin on it, I'm talkin ghetto.

SargeMonkey

Old Duct tape(the 200mph type) works the best.
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454