Cars from Muhldorf (Part #3)

Started by BMWDave, June 19, 2005, 06:26:05 AM

BMWDave

Featuring the Photography of Christian Wimmer

Facelifted European Ford Focus estate and BMW 5-Series estate...

Facelifted Audi A4 Avant and Mercedes W211 E-Class Classic trim level...

I thought this was a cool picture.... W203 C-Classes...

Oh man...I love the CLK...so seeing a Coupe and Convertible next to each other....I almost broke down in tears!

BMW 118i

European Ford Mondeo estate TDCi (diesel)

Audi A3 2.0 TDI (diesel)

Renault Modus

European Ford Focus coupe (facelifted version)

BMW 5-series sedan and BMW 5-series estate taxi in the background...

I was having a seizure...gorgeous.  This car is IMHO non-biased opinion the best saloon car of the 20th century. Practical, reliable, built to last etc. The MB W123 series.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

BMWDave

Driving school Audi A3 TDI

New BMW 3-series A/T and BMW Z4 2.2i

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

Opel Astra caravan, Frankie () and new VW Golf...

Do you see it?

That yellow thing!

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

Nissan Almera

Audi A6 Avant 3.2 Quattro. I don't know but maybe Auto Motor und Sport was testing this car!

Next to its rival, the S211 E-Class T-Modell

New VW Golf GTI. I didn't venture to close to this car because the folks who hang out in this area are the drug crowd...

Cool shot of a Porsche 993 through old architecture....

Identical VW Golfs: except one is a 2-door, the other a 4-door!

Hot Porsche 993 Carrera...

Lexus SC430....first one I've seen here in...years!  Want to know what's sad? It was at the Lexus dealer.

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

BMW M3 SMG next to our E320. Man, I feel sorry for the M3.

I have more but my mom needs the computer so that's it for now.  

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

993!  My favorite Porsche 911!

And, damn, that Focus coupe is atrocious.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

thewizard16

I like Wimmer's pictures, and will be happy to post my european car pictures once I get home and organize them all. I'm off to France, Switzerland, Austria, and Lichtenstein (though it hardly counts) during the next week, so maybe I can get some good pictures of interesting cars.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

BMWDave

QuoteI like Wimmer's pictures, and will be happy to post my european car pictures once I get home and organize them all. I'm off to France, Switzerland, Austria, and Lichtenstein (though it hardly counts) during the next week, so maybe I can get some good pictures of interesting cars.
Cool!  Cars from Europe are always awesome.  

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

I wish I'd had my camera today. Elise, new 5-Series wagon, new 3-Series, red CLS, and a brand-new Jag XK.  

BMWDave

QuoteI wish I'd had my camera today. Elise, new 5-Series wagon, new 3-Series, red CLS, and a brand-new Jag XK.
you mean the lightweight coupe XK?  The brand, brand new one?

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Brand-new meaning that the owner bought it Friday, not a new design.

BMWDave

QuoteBrand-new meaning that the owner bought it Friday, not a new design.
Oh.  How did you know the owner bought  it on Friday :mellow:  

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

BMWDave

QuoteGas station chat.
cool :)  I saw an XK Convertible a week ago, although I dont think it was brand new.  They are among the most beautiful automobiles ever built, IMO.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

QuoteGas station chat.
cool :)  I saw an XK Convertible a week ago, although I dont think it was brand new.  They are among the most beautiful automobiles ever built, IMO.
The coupes are better...saw one yesterday.  And a DB7 on Friday.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteGas station chat.
The coupes are better.  I agree with that.  Funny, I saw a DB7 about a month ago.  Theyre very rare.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

QuoteGas station chat.
The coupes are better.  I agree with that.  Funny, I saw a DB7 about a month ago.  Theyre very rare.
I see them about as often as I see Ferraris here...that is about once or twice a month.  I saw a Vanquish when I was test driving an A8.

Also, in one day, I saw an Azure (with the top down... :rockon: ), a NEW S281, and a Murcielago.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

QuoteGas station chat.
I see them about as often as I see Ferraris here...that is about once or twice a month.  I saw a Vanquish when I was test driving an A8.

Also, in one day, I saw an Azure (with the top down... :rockon: ), a NEW S281, and a Murcielago.
Nice. B)  

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

QuoteGas station chat.

Nice. B)
Yeah...Lamborghinis are really rare around here (I figure they wouldn't be so much after the Gallardo, the car I'd buy instead of a 360, and I see 360s all the bloody time--sunday fucking drivers).  I barely ever see them.  It's only the second I've ever seen on the road, but I did sit in a Diablo VT before.  Awesome!

But, then again, a quick trip to AC and I'll Bentleys and Ferraris and what not till I'm sick of them.  But I don't go to AC with my Passat.  Son of a bitch.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

I just saw  Gallardo a week ago, and then another one about 2 months ago.  Nice sound! :)

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

QuoteI just saw  Gallardo a week ago, and then another one about 2 months ago.  Nice sound! :)
At first I didn't like them, but I'm sick of Ferrari and I don't like the direction they're going in.  I also don't like the VW Gallardo, but I like it better than the 360.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

QuoteI just saw  Gallardo a week ago, and then another one about 2 months ago.  Nice sound! :)
At first I didn't like them, but I'm sick of Ferrari and I don't like the direction they're going in.  I also don't like the VW Gallardo, but I like it better than the 360.
Why?  Its not even RWD.  Whats wrong with the direction of Ferrari?

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

QuoteI just saw  Gallardo a week ago, and then another one about 2 months ago.  Nice sound! :)
I know I don't like AWD, but the Gallardo seems to be a better car to me.

Their design direction, I don't like.  I also don't like their emphasis on the F1 transmission.  In 10-15 years (maybe 20) there won't be any manual transmission Ferraris anymore.  They already sell 85% of their cars with an F1 trans, and there's no turning back.  

However, the Gallardo and Murcielago are both TOO civilized.  If I want a luxury sports car to drive everyday, I'd buy an SL600 or 55 AMG, an M6, or an Aston Martin.  Porsche is going to become the real sports car powerhouse in the next decade or two--even if Ferrari stays a fabled name.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

QuoteI just saw? Gallardo a week ago, and then another one about 2 months ago.? Nice sound! :)
I know I don't like AWD, but the Gallardo seems to be a better car to me.

Their design direction, I don't like.  I also don't like their emphasis on the F1 transmission.  In 10-15 years (maybe 20) there won't be any manual transmission Ferraris anymore.  They already sell 85% of their cars with an F1 trans, and there's no turning back.  

However, the Gallardo and Murcielago are both TOO civilized.  If I want a luxury sports car to drive everyday, I'd buy an SL600 or 55 AMG, an M6, or an Aston Martin.  Porsche is going to become the real sports car powerhouse in the next decade or two--even if Ferrari stays a fabled name.
Ferrari fully offers manuals....just because they have a lot of rich buyers who dont know how to drive a manual doesnt make them any less sports cars.

2007 Honda S2000

Tom

Saw an immaculate parked 'Cuda and was behind a Ferrari yesterday.

Are F1 transmissions really that bad?  They're faster for one thing.

R33 GT-R

nothing to report lately but the Aston Martin already hashed.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

TurboDan

Don't get me wrong, I love Aston Martin's..  but they're the one brand that's still keeping alive the old stereotype of disastrous British electronics.   I've seen more Murcielagos on the road around here than Gallardos, but I actually like the Gallardo alot more as far as design goes.  360s are yesterday's news.

As for transmissions, I would actually prefer an F1 for the simple reason that I would be scared shitless of messing up a Ferrari manual transmission and having $40K worth of damage in ten minutes of driving.  :wacko:  

Raza

QuoteSaw an immaculate parked 'Cuda and was behind a Ferrari yesterday.

Are F1 transmissions really that bad?  They're faster for one thing.
Who cares?  They're basically glorified automatics, in my opinion.  And it's not the same thing as a real manual.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

R33 GT-R

Gimme the stick, wooooo hoooo!  I with you on this one Razanator.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

cawimmer430

Thanks for posting this here BMWDave! Next time, I'll save you all the work and post a copy of the pics here too!  :)  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie