Which one do you prefer?

Excursion
13 (61.9%)
Expedition EL
8 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

ifcar

the Teuton

Give me the one that has a pair.  Either a V10 or diesel Excursion if I have to have one of the two.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

heelntoe

well, if i'm going to get an uber SUV, i might as well get the original.
@heelntoe

giant_mtb

If I were to buy either of these vehicles, I obviously have enough money to not even care about gas prices, so I'd want the most badass one I could get...that being a nice diesel Excursion.  :rockon:

Rupert

Quote from: heelntoe on May 13, 2007, 03:45:42 PM
well, if i'm going to get an uber SUV, i might as well get the original.

Suburban? Land Rover?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

goldenlover1101

Neither...but the excursion is more badass

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

GoCougs

The Excursion was a horrific vehicle compared to a Suburban IMO.

Solid front axle, recirc-ball steering, twisty frame, front leaf springs, and probably some other stuff as well.

The (3/4-ton) Suburban was as good or superior in virtually every single vehicle characteristic save interior room (and not by much).

The new Expedition EL though is on top IMO.

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

chevyguy06

I'd take a Suburban over either, but I've gotta go with the Diesel Excursion.
'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

SVT666

The Expedition EL...because it's the best jumbo Ute on the market right now.

CMan

The Excursion was the single greatest and coolest SUV known to man, ever. It could pull anything you hooked onto the back of it, and it could pull 20+ MPG's too. The Expi EL is a half a$$ half ton that will NEVER stand up to the Excursion.
Quote from: Morris Minor on September 26, 2008, 08:43:28 AM
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.

CJ

J86

Excursion all the way.  It was a mobile middle finger to the environmental types.

SVT666

Quote from: CMan on May 14, 2007, 01:09:10 PM
The Excursion was the single greatest and coolest SUV known to man, ever. It could pull anything you hooked onto the back of it, and it could pull 20+ MPG's too. The Expi EL is a half a$$ half ton that will NEVER stand up to the Excursion.
It never got 20+ mpg.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: HEMI666 on May 15, 2007, 02:58:52 PM
It never got 20+ mpg.

ya it could... if it was going downhill with the wind drafting a semi with the engine turned off.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

TheIntrepid

It never got 20+ mpg.

According to my CarGuide Buyer's Guide 2003, it got 17/23 respectively.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SVT666

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 15, 2007, 03:04:00 PM
According to my CarGuide Buyer's Guide 2003, it got 17/23 respectively.
That has to be with the diesel (which was a $5K option).  I was thinking in gasoline terms.

TBR

Even with the diesel that is very optimistic. I know a guy with a Powerstroke equipped F-250 RWD, he gets about 15. 

I voted for the EL.

93JC

Quote from: HEMI666 on May 15, 2007, 03:26:07 PM
That has to be with the diesel (which was a $5K option).? I was thinking in gasoline terms.

What idiot would buy the gasser anyway?

You wouldn't get the gasser, right?

SVT666

Quote from: 93JC on May 15, 2007, 03:35:09 PM
What idiot would buy the gasser anyway?

You wouldn't get the gasser, right?
I don't like diesels.  I love the torque and towing power for sure, but I don't like the noise and the smoke.  I wouldn't buy an Excursion anyway so I guess it really doesn't matter.

heelntoe

Quote from: HEMI666 on May 15, 2007, 03:42:34 PM
I don't like diesels.  I love the torque and towing power for sure, but I don't like the noise and the smoke.  I wouldn't buy an Excursion anyway so I guess it really doesn't matter.
have you driven a modern diesel. there is almost no smoke and next to no noise.
@heelntoe

93JC

Well, to be fair, the Excursion used the ancient 7.3L Powerstroke for a good deal of its life, so it really was quite noisy. :lol:

SVT666

Quote from: heelntoe on May 15, 2007, 04:36:29 PM
The noise issue is being solved...definitely.? However the smoke thing is fine when they just roll off the lot, but I still see plenty of new diesels that spew black smoke when the driver puts his foot in it.  Unless you are planning and towing all the time, I don't know how anyone can justify the extra expense to get the diesel.

heelntoe

Quote from: HEMI666 on May 15, 2007, 05:19:48 PM
The noise issue is being solved...definitely.  However the smoke thing is fine when they just roll off the lot, but I still see plenty of new diesels that spew black smoke when the driver puts his foot in it.  Unless you are planning and towing all the time, I don't know how anyone can justify the extra expense to get the diesel.
well, based on the price diff between diesel and petrol and the extra cost of the diesel version of the vehicle, it is said the you much drve 40kms daily to break even. that's the indian scenario.
@heelntoe

CMan

Quote from: Morris Minor on September 26, 2008, 08:43:28 AM
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.

Tave

Quote from: heelntoe on May 15, 2007, 04:36:29 PM

That's just wrong. I live in an area where Cummins, Powerstrokes, and Duramaxes are almost as common as their gas counterparts. They smoke more than a chimney.

In fact, I was in a new Cummins yesterday. Someone was tailgating us so the dude who was driving romped on it to send 'em a big cloud of oily fumes to the face.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Tave

It never got 20+ mpg.

I was thinking the same thing. There's no way, even with the diesel.

heelntoe

Quote from: Tave on May 15, 2007, 05:50:04 PM
That's just wrong. I live in an area where Cummins, Powerstrokes, and Duramaxes are almost as common as their gas counterparts. They smoke more than a chimney.

In fact, I was in a new Cummins yesterday. Someone was tailgating us so the dude who was driving romped on it to send 'em a big cloud of oily fumes to the face.
keyword being modern. :lol:
there are plenty of diesels where i live and the newer ones dont give out smoke unless something is wrong with them.
@heelntoe