3rd
7 (41.2%)
4th
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 15

ifcar

Which do you prefer?

Onslaught

Because I make my judgment's on Ford's by how easy they are to work on it would have to be the 3rd or 4th one. And I think the 3rd one looks the best so it wins my vote. I can't stand the old ones and they ride and rattle like shit. I can't fit comfortably in any of them so I could never own one.

SVT666

I voted for the 2nd Gen because you can't install lift kits on the 3rd or 4th Gens.

CMan

3rd gen is horrible. We owned one. It was horrible. No legroom in the back seat; it downshifted randomly. And the ride?
Quote from: Morris Minor on September 26, 2008, 08:43:28 AM
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.

Tave

I've only driven/ridden in the 1st gen and I hated it. I'll pass.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

nickdrinkwater

New one looks ugly IMHO.  I like #2, plus it's the only one they sold here!  I don't #1 either, wasn't it in Jurassic Park?

Champ

My parents own a 2nd Gen (to supplement the S2000!) and it mostly sits in our driveway, and is a winter / home depot vehicle.

The thing rocks, a ton of space.  Not a lot of power (V6) but we don't really use it for anything substantial.

It's just a good utility truck.  Don't mind taking the bikes out in it then coming home muddy or whatever.

Payman

I don't like Explorers, but #3 if forced to choose, based on styling.

SVT666

Quote from: Champ on May 17, 2007, 02:55:37 PM
My parents own a 2nd Gen (to supplement the S2000!) and it mostly sits in our driveway, and is a winter / home depot vehicle.

The thing rocks, a ton of space.? Not a lot of power (V6) but we don't really use it for anything substantial.

It's just a good utility truck.? Don't mind taking the bikes out in it then coming home muddy or whatever.
My parents owned two 1st Gens and we loved it.  I would buy a 2007 if it weren't for how thirsty it is and that there are no lift kits available for it.  The 2007 is definitely a handsome SUV, but I would prefer the 2nd Gen for the offroading capability.

goldenlover1101

3rd gen, by far the best looking.

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

Raghavan

I like the 1st Gen.

Eye of the Tiger

Since there's no Bronco II option, I had to vote for Gen I. They just keep getting dumber ever since then, basically like most other SUV's.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)