THE EDITORS OF AUTOWEEK
Published Date: 6/20/05
2006 LINCOLN MARK LT 4x4

DATE IN FLEET: May 24-June 7
AS-TESTED PRICE: $47,605
POWERTRAIN: 5.4-liter V8; 4wd, five-speed automatic
OUTPUT: 300 hp @ 5000 rpm, 365 lb-ft @ 3750 rpm
CURB WEIGHT: 5677 lbs

WILSON: A little more truck than you need to tow a 700-pound boat?which you can easily tow with a fwd minivan or even a Camry?but what the heck, we did a lot of other chores with it. Tore down a past-its-prime shed, removed the destruction rubble; picked up a futon and a La-Z-Boy to help furnish my eldest son?s new apartment. The bed extender proved useful as it gives you seven-and-a-half feet with the tailgate down.

I had no use for the chrome box rail bars, but they do go nicely with the chrome cladding and the chrome everything else to say ?Look at This Luxury Truck!? If this dude weighs 5677 pounds like it says, 1000 pounds of it is chromed.

RAYNAL: After the Blackwood?s demise, I?m surprised Lincoln would take another stab at the pickup truck. Here we have it, though.

Whoa, Nellie! This is a big ol? beast. It feels every bit the 5677 pounds it weighs. Based as it is on the F-150, the Lincoln is comfortable. Nice interior, good build quality. I didn?t put the truck through the chores Kevin did, I just drove home and back. Pleasant, great view out, rockin? stereo. And it got a great response from the high-schoolers in my neighborhood.

Why anyone would need one, I?m not sure. If you?re looking for a luxury hauler, you could do worse, I guess.

GRITZINGER: This is the worst F-150 I?ve driven, and I love the F-150. For $47,000, Ford and Lincoln owe buyers more than chrome, stitched leather, plastic wood, a DVD player and seat piping.

This truck seems to drive bigger than any F-150?it?s hard to get moving, hard to stop, hard to turn and nearly impossible to park on the first try. It must have something to do with not being able to see any of the corners from the driver?s seat.

With a Cadillac, you get a few more horses underhood, more refinement in the chassis, and a clear differentiation in the cockpit. This Lincoln leaves me wanting for a smoother ride, a nicer interior, a lower step-in, more power, more features. Just more.

The folks at Lincoln did learn a few lessons from the ill-fated Blackwood?this truck at least has a functional bed and normal tailgate. But they didn?t learn much of anything else.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

How did the reviewer get the idea that it drives worse than the F-150, when they only changed a few styling details?  

R33 GT-R

They didn't like this thing at all, why didn't they just call it a turd and go on.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

BMWDave

QuoteThey didn't like this thing at all, why didn't they just call it a turd and go on.
Yup, its pretty clear they were finding things to say wrong about it.  There is nothing wrong with the interior, its a lot cheaper than an Escalade EXT, and there is no reason, like ifcar said, why this would drive worse than a regular F-150.

2007 Honda S2000

Tom

Luxury pickup trucks based on trucks that are fine in the first place :rolleyes:  

R33 GT-R

QuoteLuxury pickup trucks based on trucks that are fine in the first place :rolleyes:
I saw an EXT dropped to about 5" off the ground this weekend while at a gas station.  He pulls up for gas and the suspension airs down and I hear what sounded like the tires rubbing the wheel wells as they bowed in.  Joe cool steps out with his blue headwrap on to match his neon truck and he starts rubbing what look to be 24 or 26" wheels.  I'm thinking the whole time, what a waste.  

BMWDave

QuoteLuxury pickup trucks based on trucks that are fine in the first place :rolleyes:
I saw an EXT dropped to about 5" off the ground this weekend while at a gas station.  He pulls up for gas and the suspension airs down and I hear what sounded like the tires rubbing the wheel wells as they bowed in.  Joe cool steps out with his blue headwrap on to match his neon truck and he starts rubbing what look to be 24 or 26" wheels.  I'm thinking the whole time, what a waste.
You could buy an Elise for the money he probably spent on that, or a Porsche Boxster :o  

2007 Honda S2000

footoflead

You could buy an Elise for the money he probably spent on that, or a Porsche Boxster :o
Well i guess people like you and me have seen the light of reason and not the reflection off our 22in rims that cost more than the rest of the car/truck..
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

R33 GT-R

It's pretty absurd, 15k dollar wheels on a 500 dollar car.