'97 Rodeo issues

Started by CJ, May 20, 2007, 09:32:07 PM

CJ

Okay, so here's the deal.  We have a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo and it's having starter issues.  You turn the key and it clicks and then nothing.  Turn the key again, nothing.  Again, nothing.  And on the forth try, it starts.  I already know the starter's gone.  Is there anything we should look for?

Secret Chimp

Look for? Naw. The starter got a flat spot on it. If you just put in a new starter assembly I'd think you'd be fine.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

S204STi

Agreed, although there is a slim chance it could be your ignition switch.

JWC

Check electrical connections to the starter...I agree its starter.  If the clicking sound tells me that the ignition switch is doing its job.

Eye of the Tiger

My Duster had a problem like that, but it turned out to be a bad wire in the main harness. I found that out after replacing the starter and the ignition switch. :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CJ

Okay, got something new to say. 

Today when we went to O'Reiley Auto Parts to see how much a new start cost, we ran into some big issues.  When we got there, it was fine and started right up each time we started it up.  Here's where it changes...drastically.  We start the truck and now it's making a very strange noise.  The starter gear would not disengage, but the starter motor was not running. 

I'm pretty sure we're fucked on this one.

BTW, we test drove a Park Avenue Ultra today...write up soon.

CJ

Replaced the starter now it's running like a pleasant dream.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: CJ on May 22, 2007, 06:43:40 PM
Replaced the starter now it's running like a pleasant dream.

:lol:

So no Park Ave for you? Good thing too, those things are horribly uncool.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

CJ

No, we'll still probably get a Park Avenue...just not an Ultra, as our earlier plans were.

TheIntrepid

So you're going to have an Accord, a Camry, a Rodeo, and a Park Avenue? There are only 3 drivers!

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

CJ

An Accord, a Camry, and a Park Avenue.  We're dumping the Rodeo.  And in one years time, we're either getting two Smarts, two Yaris', or 1 Mini Cooper S and getting another Park Avenue for me.

S204STi

Quote from: CJ on May 21, 2007, 02:28:48 PM
Okay, got something new to say.?

Today when we went to O'Reiley Auto Parts to see how much a new start cost, we ran into some big issues.? When we got there, it was fine and started right up each time we started it up.? Here's where it changes...drastically.? We start the truck and now it's making a very strange noise.? The starter gear would not disengage, but the starter motor was not running.?

I'm pretty sure we're fucked on this one.

BTW, we test drove a Park Avenue Ultra today...write up soon.

Yeah, that isn't normal. :lol:

ro51092

Quote from: CJ on May 22, 2007, 07:49:08 PM
An Accord, a Camry, and a Park Avenue.  We're dumping the Rodeo.  And in one years time, we're either getting two Smarts, two Yaris', or 1 Mini Cooper S and getting another Park Avenue for me.

GTI?

CJ

...No.  Sorry, just...no.  I love the GTI, but it hasn't got the character that a Mini has.  It just doesn't.