BMWDave

2006 SUBARU B9 TRIBECA LIMITED

Editors View

DATE IN FLEET: June 1-8
AS-TESTED PRICE: $38,320
POWERTRAIN: 3.0-liter H6; awd, five-speed automatic
OUTPUT: 250 hp @ 6600 rpm, 219 lb-ft @ 4200 rpm
CURB WEIGHT: 4225 lbs

ROCA: Okay, so Subaru wants it not to be all about looks, but I?d argue its cars are handsome. The Tribeca, however, is not. It has the ugliest grille I?ve seen in a long time, so bad that though the sides and rear have nice lines reminiscent of a VW Touareg, overall it could shame the Aztek, and I mean that. Sorry: It?s not even sexy ugly, but ugly-stick ugly. It-hurts-to-look-at-you ugly.

It could use more power. What I did like about this Tribeca is that it feels well-built and solid, with a good thunk when you close the doors. It is also comfortable, and has a nice and roomy cabin that is well-designed for all the stuff I travel with.

Did I mention it is ugly?

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

BMWDave

QuoteWhat a review. :rolleyes:
Its not a review, its just the Editors comments on the car.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

QuoteWhat a review. :rolleyes:
Its not a review, its just the Editors comments on the car.
What's his point, that he thinks the car is ugly? I don't really think that posting somebody's statement that they think the Tribeca is ugly is especially useful or interesting.

BMWDave

Link

That is where I posted it from.  Its a bunch of cars, with comments.  I didnt want to post all the comments on all the cars in the same section, so I split it up.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

I would hardly call the B9 Aztek ugly. No matter what angle you look at the Aztek from it is ugly, that isn't the case with the B9 Tribeca which is only ugly from the front (which, as I have said countless times, looks much, much better in dark colors than it does in the silver color of all of the mag testers).  

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000

Speed_Racer

It definitely looks better in person. Pictures don't do it justice.

BMWDave

QuoteIt definitely looks better in person. Pictures don't do it justice.
I saw it in person twice (once at an auto show and once on the road) and while not pretty, it wasnt as ugly as it was at the auto show.

2007 Honda S2000