Tons of pictures of New S Class-56K warning

Started by BMWDave, June 20, 2005, 01:03:18 PM

BMWDave

Here's a quick summary of the official release:
Bigger in all dimensions
Brake Assist Plus
Second Generation PRE-SAFE
Distronic Plus with Infrared Night View
New COMAND system with COMAND controller.  System operable from controller or via steering wheel controls.
Direct Select gear shift selector on steering column
Improved Airmatic standard air suspension (Active Body control optional, standard on S600)
16-way comfort seats
Panoramic roof on long-wheelbase model
New engine range:
    S350: 3.5-liter V6, 268 hp
    S500: V8, 382 hp
    S600: 5.5-liter V12, 510 hp
    S320 CDI: 3.2-liter V6 diesel, 225 hp
Click here for full text: http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2050620.001

More pictures are here: http://auto-motor-sport.de/d/85285

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Fire It Up

Hmmm....it looks good in that darkish silver.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

R33 GT-R

QuoteHmmm....it looks good in that darkish silver.
I agree because it subdues the somewhat overdone rear fender wells.  It's going to have to grow on me a bit.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

Fire It Up

IS it just me or are the rear door handles closer to the windows than the fronts?

R33 GT-R

Unless it's an optical illusion it is.  Look at the lateral line swooping back from the front fender well.  It starts off about 10" under window height and ends up about 6" at the rear handle.  It almost has to be closer.

BMWDave

QuoteUnless it's an optical illusion it is.  Look at the lateral line swooping back from the front fender well.  It starts off about 10" under window height and ends up about 6" at the rear handle.  It almost has to be closer.
Well said.  They have to be closer because of the slope, or they would look like they were in the middle of the doors.

2007 Honda S2000

Fire It Up

QuoteUnless it's an optical illusion it is.  Look at the lateral line swooping back from the front fender well.  It starts off about 10" under window height and ends up about 6" at the rear handle.  It almost has to be closer.
Well said.  They have to be closer because of the slope, or they would look like they were in the middle of the doors.
They look like an error.  

Tom

Am I the only one who thinks this Benz looks incredible?  And I wouldn't mind getting a taste of that v12.

BMWDave

QuoteAm I the only one who thinks this Benz looks incredible?  And I wouldn't mind getting a taste of that v12.
The outside I am perfectly fine with, but while the interior looks to be of extremely good quality, its a pretty blatant ripoff of BMW's i-Drive setup and interior.

2007 Honda S2000

Colonel Cadillac

The S500 has an uped' engine!

These pictures make it look better, but the rear looks a bit nasty. It's growing on me pretty quickly though.  

cozmik

QuoteAm I the only one who thinks this Benz looks incredible?  And I wouldn't mind getting a taste of that v12.
The outside I am perfectly fine with, but while the interior looks to be of extremely good quality, its a pretty blatant ripoff of BMW's i-Drive setup and interior.
Agreed.

I think it looks great on the outside, but the interior is so 7 Series it's unreal. It's like those Chinese cars all over...

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

BMWDave

QuoteAm I the only one who thinks this Benz looks incredible?? And I wouldn't mind getting a taste of that v12.
Agreed.

I think it looks great on the outside, but the interior is so 7 Series it's unreal. It's like those Chinese cars all over...
Its very saddening that Mercedes would do this.

2007 Honda S2000

Car Zeus

I'm not impressed.

I guess my 745LI was the standard that MB had to copy and they didn't even do a good job. (interior)

:rolleyes:  

BMWDave

QuoteI'm not impressed.

I guess my 745LI was the standard that MB had to copy and they didn't even do a good job. (interior)

:rolleyes:
The interior is the worst part of this car IMO.

2007 Honda S2000

R33 GT-R

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

R33 GT-R

QuoteThe interior's just a bad dream....
Is it bad or a nightmare, the jurys still out here.

ifcar

At least quality should be there, but interior design is a nightmare.  

BMWDave

QuoteAt least quality should be there, but interior design is a nightmare.
I am almost positive, judging from the latest Mercedes Models that I was in, that the quality will be outstanding.  But unlike the beautiful CLS interior, this one is horrible.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Eh. I think that the CLS interior is too gaudy myself, and wasn't awed by the M-Class's, but both look better than this thing.

BMWDave

QuoteEh. I think that the CLS interior is too gaudy myself, and wasn't awed by the M-Class's, but both look better than this thing.
The CLS felt the nicest, with absolutely stunning design and quality.  The M also felt like very good quality, although I dont like the design so much.  As with the M, I assume its the same case with the S Class....amazing quality with a bad design.

2007 Honda S2000

R33 GT-R

I like the CLS interior, it was a bit much but still classy.

TBR

The interior is no worse than the 7-series' imho, though I do wish it wasn't quite so close to the 7-series'. Both the headlights and the taillights look awfully tacky and the wheels are poorly designed, but other than that the exterior looks good. Also, who needs 2 idrive type control knobs?  

BMWDave

QuoteThe interior is no worse than the 7-series' imho, though I do wish it wasn't quite so close to the 7-series'. Both the headlights and the taillights look awfully tacky and the wheels are poorly designed, but other than that the exterior looks good. Also, who needs 2 idrive type control knobs?
Which wheel are you talking about?  The ones on the red or the ones on the silver?  I also dont like the ones on the red.  They should be more shiny, and they dont fit on a S Class.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

QuoteThe interior is no worse than the 7-series' imho, though I do wish it wasn't quite so close to the 7-series'. Both the headlights and the taillights look awfully tacky and the wheels are poorly designed, but other than that the exterior looks good. Also, who needs 2 idrive type control knobs?
Which wheel are you talking about?  The ones on the red or the ones on the silver?  I also dont like the ones on the red.  They should be more shiny, and they dont fit on a S Class.
Both of them, neither design fits the rest of the car imho.  

BMWDave

I think the silver one looks very sporty on the car, IMO.  

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

QuoteI think the silver one looks very sporty on the car, IMO.
Too sporty imho, the S-class is all about elegance and neither wheel design conveys that image.  

BMWDave

Too sporty imho, the S-class is all about elegance and neither wheel design conveys that image.
The flared wheel arches dont convey elegance, they convey sportiness. So I think MB was trying to go with that image.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

The flared wheel arches dont convey elegance, they convey sportiness. So I think MB was trying to go with that image.
I also happen to think that the fenders are over done. It would be fine if the AMG version looked like that, but the standard version should be more conservative.

BMWDave

I also happen to think that the fenders are over done. It would be fine if the AMG version looked like that, but the standard version should be more conservative.
I agree.

2007 Honda S2000