1 (5.6%)
Nissan Maxima Ti
2 (11.1%)
Toyota Aurion Presara
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

omicron

nickdrinkwater

Don't know much about these, but I voted for Maxima because it looks the best   :praise:  None of them seem that luxurious though.....you don't have Mercs, Bimmers or Audis down there?  :devil:

Eye of the Tiger

I'll take the Ford, because I want it.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Tave

Don't know anything about any of them. Picked the Mitsu.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Michael Estorol

does anybody else think that they all look the same?

I must be getting old.

ifcar

Quote from: Tave on May 24, 2007, 08:41:52 AM
Don't know anything about any of them. Picked the Mitsu.

Three of them are sold in the US.

chevyguy06

1.Holden
2.Ford
3.Nissan
4.Toyota
5.Mitsu
'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: ifcar on May 24, 2007, 11:52:58 AM
Three of them are sold in the US.

I didn't think any of them were?

The closest is the Pontiac G8 (slightly reworked Holden).  The Aurion is very similar to the Camry, but with different sheetmetal, and possibly different engines?

The Mitsu 380 is based on the Galant sold in the US, but only based on - it's not the same car.

The Ford and Nissan are unavailable in America AFAIK.  There is a Maxima in America but it's not related.

omicron

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on May 24, 2007, 07:05:15 AM
Don't know much about these, but I voted for Maxima because it looks the best :praise: None of them seem that luxurious though.....you don't have Mercs, Bimmers or Audis down there? :devil:

We only just got electricity! Give me some time.

heelntoe

i, along with 8 others, voted for the holden. :praise:
@heelntoe

Rich

Is there an Opel version of the VE sold yet?  If so I believe I've seen a couple of them around here.  The proportions on that platform are wonderful.
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

TheIntrepid

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on May 24, 2007, 02:26:26 PM
I didn't think any of them were?

The closest is the Pontiac G8 (slightly reworked Holden).  The Aurion is very similar to the Camry, but with different sheetmetal, and possibly different engines?

The Mitsu 380 is based on the Galant sold in the US, but only based on - it's not the same car.

The Ford and Nissan are unavailable in America AFAIK.  There is a Maxima in America but it's not related.

I think he means that the 380GT is sold as the Galant GTS, the Aurion Presara is sold as teh Camry XLE, and the Maxima is sold as, well, a Maxima.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 25, 2007, 07:02:19 AM
I think he means that the 380GT is sold as the Galant GTS, the Aurion Presara is sold as teh Camry XLE, and the Maxima is sold as, well, a Maxima.

The 380 isn't the same car as the Galant, though it does look similar.  I already pointed out the similarities between the Aurion and the Camry.

The Maxima is not sold in NA, though there is a larger, unrelated car also badged Maxima.

omicron

An Aurion is a Camry with different nose and tail, and the Camry 3.5 V6 engine.

A 380 is based on the Galant, but isn't just a nose and tail job. There are, apparently, inherent chassis differences, and we get a 5-speed manual or 5-speed automatic with the 3.8.

The Oz Maxima is the JDM Teana.

93JC

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on May 25, 2007, 07:11:26 AM
The 380 isn't the same car as the Galant, though it does look similar.?

Same chassis, almost exactly the same body, same powertrain: they're the same car with different fascias.

omicron

Quote from: 93JC on May 25, 2007, 08:05:29 AM
Same chassis, almost exactly the same body, same powertrain: they're the same car with different fascias.

Either way, it's an underwhelming fart that offers little or no relief to stomach pains.

93JC

That's the general consensus here as well. A good product, but not particularly compelling. The 258 hp (190ish kW) Ralliart trim is the only desirable version of it, but it's priced too high.

ifcar

Quote from: omicron on May 25, 2007, 07:20:44 AM
An Aurion is a Camry with different nose and tail, and the Camry 3.5 V6 engine.

A 380 is based on the Galant, but isn't just a nose and tail job. There are, apparently, inherent chassis differences, and we get a 5-speed manual or 5-speed automatic with the 3.8.

The Oz Maxima is the JDM Teana.

As 93JC said, it's the same car with a few changes. And the Teana is apparently mechanically related to our Maxima, even if it's not identical.

omicron

Quote from: ifcar on May 25, 2007, 08:31:07 AM
As 93JC said, it's the same car with a few changes. And the Teana is apparently mechanically related to our Maxima, even if it's not identical.

Yes, I believe the Teana is a bit of Altima and a bit of US Maxima.

93JC

And the NADM Maxima is almost all-Altima anyway. :tounge:

The Altima, Maxima and Teana are all very closely related.

omicron

Quote from: 93JC on May 25, 2007, 11:10:17 AM
And the NADM Maxima is almost all-Altima anyway. :tounge:

The Altima, Maxima and Teana are all very closely related.

Except, ours looks better than your clog.

93JC

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: 93JC on May 25, 2007, 08:05:29 AM

:nono:

Quote from: omicron on May 25, 2007, 07:20:44 AM

:evildude:

93JC

Notice he said 'apparently'.

The only significant difference is that we can't get one with a manual gearbox.

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: 93JC on May 25, 2007, 11:46:02 AM
Notice he said 'apparently'.

The only significant difference is that we can't get one with a manual gearbox.

Quote from: Wikipedia
Based on the North American Galant, the main visible differences from the Galant and the 380 are the bonnet, front guards, grilles and bumpers. There have also been changes to 70% of the American car to create a car more suited to the Australian market, such as the use of higher quality materials and new sophisticated suspension designs.

:huh:

heelntoe

@heelntoe

93JC

A creative way of saying "we swapped out a lot of the yank parts and replaced them with locally-sourced parts to skirt Australian tarriffs".