Movie Mustangs

Started by SVT666, May 25, 2007, 03:22:54 PM

Which movie Mustang do you prefer?  Eleanor or Bullitt?

14 (46.7%)
16 (53.3%)

Total Members Voted: 26

sandertheshark

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 25, 2007, 05:01:52 PM
McQueen > Cage

However, Eleanor > Bullitt.

New Eleanor > Old Eleanor.

You're completely right.  Wait a minute, who are you and what did you do with Trep?

LonghornTX

This is a much better picture of Eleanor:

Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

Secret Chimp

That 390 4-speed hybrid they built for Bullitt is the meeeeanest thing on earth. I love it. I watched that chase scene over and over.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: sandertheshark on May 27, 2007, 05:31:35 PM
You're completely right.  Wait a minute, who are you and what did you do with Trep?

:praise:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

FoMoJo

There's just something about the stance on Bullitt's '68 Mustang that makes it look hyper-aggressive.  Sort of a jacked-up look with the missing grill giving it a brutal appearance.  For those who remember the movie, its first appearance, as Bullitt semi-skids to a stop by the hotel where the (phony) snitch was blasted and cuts the engine's rumble, marks it as a serious piece of metal ready for all comers.  The cat and mouse scene, the prelude to the chase, when the Mustang suddenly materializes in the rear-view mirror of the bad guy's Charger, it looks down-right menacing.

I like Eleanor as well, the later version, but, imo, nothing can beat the Bullitt Mustang!
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

GoCougs

Quote from: FoMoJo on June 04, 2007, 12:38:04 PM
There's just something about the stance on Bullitt's '68 Mustang that makes it look hyper-aggressive.? Sort of a jacked-up look with the missing grill giving it a brutal appearance.? For those who remember the movie, its first appearance, as Bullitt semi-skids to a stop by the hotel where the (phony) snitch was blasted and cuts the engine's rumble, marks it as a serious piece of metal ready for all comers.? The cat and mouse scene, the prelude to the chase, when the Mustang suddenly materializes in the rear-view mirror of the bad guy's Charger, it looks down-right menacing.

I like Eleanor as well, the later version, but, imo, nothing can beat the Bullitt Mustang!

Except, of course, the '68 Charger R/T in the film.? :rockon:

Have read many an account of the prep for, and shooting of, the scene, even with modification to its 390, the Mustang wasn't quite as quick or fast as the Charger and its 440.

EDIT: here's a video of a recreation of the Bullitt Charger: http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=152&fr=

Talking about bad, bad, bad.

I would gladly pay $50,000 on the spot for this car.

FoMoJo

Quote from: GoCougs on June 04, 2007, 01:18:08 PM
Except, of course, the '68 Charger R/T in the film.? :rockon:

Have read many an account of the prep for, and shooting of, the scene, even with modification to its 390, the Mustang wasn't quite as quick or fast as the Charger and its 440.

EDIT: here's a video of a recreation of the Bullitt Charger: http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=152&fr=

Talking about bad, bad, bad.

I would gladly pay $50,000 on the spot for this car.
The black Charger was the perfect car for the bad guys.  With the 440 it could outgun a stock 390 even though it weighed over 4000 lbs.  It's reputation for being a bit nose heavy, no surprise with that huge lump under the hood, became very visible in the jump scenes.  If you recall, the Charger landed nose down pretty consistantly while the Mustang tended to land on all fours.  Of course the Mustang was the perfect choice for McQueen's Bullitt as well...being the coolest car on the planet at the time!

As for performance comparisons, the 428CJ was more than a match for the 440 R/T...for that matter, it could pretty much leave most muscle-cars from that era in it's smoke and dust!
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."