SHIT!

Started by Rupert, May 26, 2007, 12:36:20 AM

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Psilos on April 16, 2008, 08:51:08 PM
Ah, yes. They made those in 2000. ;)

What?

That engine came out in late 2001. Before that it was the old Pinto engine with hogged out bores like what you have.

Rupert

I know. I was being sarcastic. :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

Though, the engine I have isn't that bad. It's more or less reliable, it gets decent mileage, and it makes enough power. Plus, it's cheap to fix. :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Psilos on April 17, 2008, 01:46:25 AM
I know. I was being sarcastic. :lol:

What a weird way to be sarcastic. :huh:

ifcar

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on April 17, 2008, 12:19:31 PM
What a weird way to be sarcastic. :huh:

Comparable:

-You should buy a Mazda2.
-Ah yes. They sell that in the US.

It's not very clever or anything, but I don't see what would make it strange or confusing.

Rupert

What can I do to prevent more corrosion from happening (if that is the cause of my problems)?

Rupert

Ugh. I replaced the battery cable ends and got rid of all that corrosion, but the problem persists. Strangely, it's gone from only happening when the engine is warm (and then getting worse and worse) to only happening when the engine is cold. It's a bit sporadic. Yesterday morning, after not driving it for a few days, the problem was pretty bad. This morning, after sitting overnight, there was no problem at all. Also, it temporarily went away when I cleaned most of the corrosion off the battery cable ends, then came back a couple of drives later. For that reason, it seems like the problem should be the cable ends...

I just replaced the ends last weekend and haven't driven it too much since then. Maybe the computer needs a few drives to sort itself out? I'll not drive for a couple of days and see if it's still there. If it is, eh, throttle plate? Eesh.

Rupert

I've done pretty much all I can, and the problem persists. I remembered last year that I got a copy of a TSB from the mechanic who worked on the truck that might be pertinent. It is discussed on this SHO forum (the TSB is for both the Ranger and SHO): http://v8sho.com/SHO/High_Idle.html.

Looks like I'm gonna get part number XF1Z-15K607-AA and do a thing.

P.S. Also, this:

http://v8sho.com/SHO/TSB00-3-5.html

AutobahnSHO

LOL
You should just drop a SHO engine in, it would be even MORE reliable...   [/sarcasm]

The v6 would fit- the V8s had breaking cam problems...
:-)
Will

Rupert

That would be sweet.