2006 Lexus GS300

Started by BMWDave, June 20, 2005, 07:35:56 PM

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

850CSi

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I absolutely love Lexus's two newest offerings, the GS and IS. What is it about RWD Lexuses that appeals so much to be [besides the LS]?

Raza

I still miss the old IS.  A hot looking 3 box with a 5 speed stick and Supra engine that is just begging for an aftermarket turbo?  The IS300 was the best value in the 3 box segment, until the G35 shook the entire department up--however, the IS was still a better balanced car, though the G35's power tore it apart.  I'd love to pick up a 5 speed IS to replace my Passat, even though it is a Lexus.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

Isn't it still on sale?

Raza

QuoteIsn't it still on sale?
Possibly, but not for much longer, as the newer, uglier IS comes out for 2006, I think.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

850CSi

Possibly, but not for much longer, as the newer, uglier IS comes out for 2006, I think.
I hate the old IS because it had such a terrible interior and the exterior looked like a Mazda Protege.

I love the new one because it's awesome. :praise:  

ifcar

Right, so your preferred version should be still available for maybe another six months new, and even after that it would be easy to find a used one.

Raza

I hate the old IS because it had such a terrible interior and the exterior looked like a Mazda Protege.

Terrible, yes--but only aesthetically (much like the GS's, in my opinion).  The IS's interior was enough to get a dash fondler to say "hmmm....not bad, not bad at all".  Besides, it was at the very least on par with the 3er and C class of its age.  The exterior was like the 3er, you can see where they drew inspiration--even in their choice of engine--an inline 6.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

R33 GT-R

I like the new IS as well.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

Raza

Right, so your preferred version should be still available for maybe another six months new, and even after that it would be easy to find a used one.
Yup.  But as usual with Lexus (and Mercedes) finding a stickshift is rare.  I've only seen two stick ISs in my life.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

There's one new and three used 2005 IS300 manuals on AutoTrader, but nothing currently east of Salt Lake City. :o

R33 GT-R

Yup.  But as usual with Lexus (and Mercedes) finding a stickshift is rare.  I've only seen two stick ISs in my life.
That kills me, produce manuals please.

Raza

QuoteThere's one new and three used 2005 IS300 manuals on AutoTrader, but nothing currently east of Salt Lake City. :o
I found a couple of used ones, but nothing closer than 75 miles of my house.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

I hear you.  It kills me...Benz sticks are so hard to find.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

I hear you.  It kills me...Benz sticks are so hard to find.
Yup.  Its more common to see manuals in MBs rather than in Lexus cars, I think.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

R33 GT-R

get with the program people