2007 Buick Grand National

Started by GMPenguin, June 20, 2005, 08:05:21 PM

GMPenguin

Chop by Brangeta over at C&G, I think the top one (and bottom, just different color) is the real one, the others he was just messing around.  Enjoy. :)

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Tom

R33 GT-R

I'm hoping for the return, I couldn't believe they killed this car when they did.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

R33 GT-R

sorry double post

Secret Chimp

That'd be fine for a better-looking GTO, but not as a Grand National.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

ifcar

They'd never bring back that name, not enough people are familiar with it.

R33 GT-R

I still see quite a few in my area, many take them to the strip as well.  They've all replaced their turbos with industrial sized models and what lag  they have.  When the turbo finally spools it gets ugly real quick.

BMWDave

QuoteI still see quite a few in my area, many take them to the strip as well.  They've all replaced their turbos with industrial sized models and what lag  they have.  When the turbo finally spools it gets ugly real quick.
I consistently see two very well kept Black grand nationals all the time.

2007 Honda S2000

R33 GT-R

I hope they were black since that was the only color option if I remember correctly.  I think they might have done a two tone black one year but I'm not for sure.

BMWDave

QuoteI hope they were black since that was the only color option if I remember correctly.  I think they might have done a two tone black one year but I'm not for sure.
They were black.  Come to think of it, I have never seen a non black grand national.

2007 Honda S2000

R33 GT-R

R33 GT-R

QuoteI hope they were black since that was the only color option if I remember correctly.  I think they might have done a two tone black one year but I'm not for sure.
They were black.  Come to think of it, I have never seen a non black grand national.
Yep, I just checked.  GN vs. GNX above.

Fire It Up

I think GN's could be bought in white. But only black for the GNX.  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

R33 GT-R

All specs I just found show color as black only for all years.

Fire It Up

Oh nvm, I was thinking about the Regal.  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

R33 GT-R

QuoteOh nvm, I was thinking about the Regal.
You had me second guessing so I did a quick search on autotrader and out of 50 plus GNs for sale all were black.  

GMPenguin

QuoteThey'd never bring back that name, not enough people are familiar with it.
Actually many enthusiasts (that I've talked about it to) know what it is, and why does it matter if they know what it was?

And I think it's too, long hooded and backward cab-ish or whatever to be a GTO, I think the looks are perfect for a GNX.

TurboDan

QuoteI'm hoping for the return, I couldn't believe they killed this car when they did.

Why?  Personally, I thought it was one of the ugliest cars ever built in the history of the world.  I've loved cars for years, and have never "gotten" why there's so much love for this thing.

Raza

Because they're having a very easy time selling the GTO...

A Buick GTO would sell even less than the Pontiac version.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteBecause they're having a very easy time selling the GTO...

The GTO's sales are picking up though.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

They're still not selling 18K a year--and flooding the market with similar alternatives would destroy GTO sales, and probably mean lackluster GNX sales.  

Before Buick can sell a car like this, they've got to establish some more reputation with a younger crowd.  The Lacrosse CXS is a good start, but more has to be done.  Personally, I don't think they should make Buick a young, sporty brand.  Buick should be aimed at Lexus and Lincoln buyers, not BMW-philes.  Save a car like this for Cadillac.  Luxury and performance.  Besides, if the Art & Science the exterior up a bit, they can sell it for 40 grand.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

They're still not selling 18K a year--and flooding the market with similar alternatives would destroy GTO sales, and probably mean lackluster GNX sales.  

Before Buick can sell a car like this, they've got to establish some more reputation with a younger crowd.  The Lacrosse CXS is a good start, but more has to be done.  Personally, I don't think they should make Buick a young, sporty brand.  Buick should be aimed at Lexus and Lincoln buyers, not BMW-philes.  Save a car like this for Cadillac.  Luxury and performance.  Besides, if the Art & Science the exterior up a bit, they can sell it for 40 grand.
I never said they should sell a GNX, just that its not as if the GTOs salse are so abysmal anymore.  

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

I never said they should sell a GNX, just that its not as if the GTOs salse are so abysmal anymore.
9 or 10 thousand is abysmal, when they thought they could mark up and they'd have demand for 18K.  Ferrari says to make one less than you think you can sell, but GM seems to have made 9 thousand more.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

R33 GT-R

QuoteI'm hoping for the return, I couldn't believe they killed this car when they did.

Why?  Personally, I thought it was one of the ugliest cars ever built in the history of the world.  I've loved cars for years, and have never "gotten" why there's so much love for this thing.
It was a weekend hot rod, that's why I liked them.  I used to love to watch them eat up Mustang notchbacks and camaros at the street races.  This old ugly duckling out there spanking ass and taking names.

R33 GT-R

And I'm fond of turbos spooling up.

TurboDan

QuoteAnd I'm fond of turbos spooling up.
Well, that we agree on.  :praise:  

Raza

QuoteAnd I'm fond of turbos spooling up.
Well, that we agree on.  :praise:
Turbos... :wub:  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tom

Whoa Raza, take it easy on that smiley...this is the second thread in a row I opened that you've used it :o  :lol:  

Raza

QuoteWhoa Raza, take it easy on that smiley...this is the second thread in a row I opened that you've used it :o  :lol:
It's the quickest way to show I "wub" something.

You got a problem Tom, I'll take you out, bitch.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i