4 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 32

omicron

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Vinsanity

I voted for the Mercedes as well, but that Cadillac is just way too cool! :thumbsup:

SVT666

GoCougs

Caddy: there's nothing so '70s high-rolling American as 500 cubic inches, 5,000 pounds, and 8 mpg.

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

93JC

Depends on the level of rich bastard-ness:

mad stacks - Rolls-Royce
moderate stacks - Lincoln or Cadillac

Had this been "As a rich bastard in 1983" I probably would have chosen the Maserati or Benz.

Danish

I voted Jaguar because of the future 350 swap until I noticed that the Benz was a 6.9

6.9 in a heartbeat
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Payman

omicron

I simply cannot pick this one. I want all of those fuel-sucking leviathans, except for the Rolls.

Make the Fleetwood a Talisman, though, and I might just swing Cadillac's way.

Payman

... a purple Eldorado with baby sealskin seatcovers, rhino hide mudflaps, pine marten floormats...

omicron

Quote from: Payman on June 01, 2007, 11:16:17 AM
... a purple Eldorado with baby sealskin seatcovers, rhino hide mudflaps, pine marten floormats...

If David Beckham gets his way, you can have kangaroo skin seatcovers!

SaltyDog

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

chevyguy06

This should've been titled "Land Yachts of 1976" :P I really like the Jag,Mercedes,and Caddy, but I voted Benz.
'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

omicron

This is why I'm visiting 1976 on my historical holiday, after going to the World's Fair in 1964 and buying a Mustang.

Raza

Quote from: omicron on June 01, 2007, 11:52:57 AM
This is why I'm visiting 1976 on my historical holiday, after going to the World's Fair in 1964 and buying a Mustang.

There's a blue coupe for sale near me.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Onslaught

I suppose the 6.9 even if I'm not much of a Benz fan. The Jaguar looks the best but they are horribly unreliable cars I think.

the Teuton

Can I go with the Bentley since it was almost identical to the Rolls?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

goldenlover1101

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

850CSi

6.9 without a doubt.

The W116 is the only one of these I've driven (in 6 cylinder form), and it is a wonderful car. They didn't have the suspension technology we have now then, and it's remarkable what they did... It's very smooth and although it suffers from a lot of body roll is very capable dynamically. My cousin swears he got it up to 240 km/h but I think its speedo is way off. That said, I think it could still hit 125+MPH.

Rupert

The Jag is the coolest, even with that 6.9 Mercedes competing. I voted Jaguar.

Of course, I didn't see the 6.9 until it was too late... :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

SVT_Power

6.9 or the Maser...hard choice. Since more people chose the 6.9, I'll take the Maserati :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Michael Estorol

Quote from: 850CSi on June 02, 2007, 12:22:45 AM
6.9 without a doubt.

The W116 is the only one of these I've driven (in 6 cylinder form), and it is a wonderful car. They didn't have the suspension technology we have now then, and it's remarkable what they did...

copying Citroen is usually sensible, but not necessarily remarkable.

;)

(edit - at least Rolls-Royce paid to licence the technology. M-B just stole it - alledgedly.)

Michael Estorol

By the way, I voted Jag.

I refer you to the September 1976 issue of CAR magazine, the first I ever bought.

(A Daimler Double-Six actually won this very comparison, which caused outrage on national TV because a British publication had even suggested that a Roller was NOT 'the best car in the world')

dazzleman

Wow, in retrospect, the choices look pretty dismal.

It's hard to transport myself back in time, to something I wasn't (a rich bastard) back then.

I don't know what my tastes would have been back then.

But based on what I know now, I would have picked the Jaguar or the Mercedes.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Michael Estorol

oh by the way - you couldn't buy a Quattroporte III in 1976.
You could however get the version II - and very nice too, as it was based largely on the Citroen SM...

(ok that's enough trolling  :tounge: )

ro51092

Probably the Mercedes, out of this. Why no E23?

850CSi

Quote from: Michael Estorol on June 02, 2007, 06:43:55 AM
copying Citroen is usually sensible, but not necessarily remarkable.

;)

(edit - at least Rolls-Royce paid to licence the technology. M-B just stole it - alledgedly.)

Really? interesting. We have a Citro?n, so I should troll as well.  :lol:

280Z Turbo

None of the above.

I like the Jag the best, but keeping it running would be troublesome.