The Official Mustang Thread

Started by SVT666, June 04, 2007, 10:07:09 AM

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

I just read about another tuner called Unique Autosports that builds 2005+ Mustangs with everything from 350hp up to over 750hp and styling cues from the 66, 67, 68, or 69 Mustangs depending on which model you get from them.

SVT666

SVT666

Molly Saleen, the daughter of Steve Saleen, will be driving a hot pink 500 hp Saleen Mustang in the re-enactment of the Canonball Run.  She's all leg my friends, all leg.

The Pirate

Damn, why does the S197 look so good?  I want one, but can't afford it yet.  :cry:

Yes, she is all leg too.  :praise:
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Raza

Nice headlights too.

They're remaking Cannonball Run?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

I can't find more pics of her. :(

Raza

Naked blowjob pics will probably be leaked just before the movie comes out. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=9470.msg508783#msg508783 date=1184617458
Naked blowjob pics will probably be leaked just before the movie comes out.?
It's not a remake of the movie, it's a re-enactment of the actual race.  It's called the Great American Run and it takes place later this month.

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 16, 2007, 02:30:35 PM
It's not a remake of the movie, it's a re-enactment of the actual race.? It's called the Great American Run and it takes place later this month.

Oh.

Still crossing my fingers for the naked pics though.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Ignoring my Ram, my old Mustang was the most trouble free car I've ever had even after all the mods.

SVT666

I believe this is the first look at the new Shelby Super Snake.? We know the specs, but I don't think they've shown the car until now.? Minus the stripes on the side of the car, I love it.

I swear those are the coolest wheels ever made.

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 17, 2007, 11:29:10 AM
Ignoring my Ram, my old Mustang was the most trouble free car I've ever had even after all the mods.

Ignoring my friend's Civic, his Mustangs were the most reliable cars he's had.  The V6 was totalled (not the car's fault, obviously, also, surprisingly not the driver's) but trouble free until it was scrapped, and the GT's engine seized and then he bought the Civic. 

Runs the gamut, I expect.

:lol:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Looks like this is the Super Snake to me.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=9470.msg510623#msg510623 date=1184698066
Ignoring my friend's Civic, his Mustangs were the most reliable cars he's had.? The V6 was totalled (not the car's fault, obviously, also, surprisingly not the driver's) but trouble free until it was scrapped, and the GT's engine seized and then he bought the Civic.?

Runs the gamut, I expect.

:lol:
What I meant by that was my Mustang was absolutely trouble free just like my Ram has been.  Not a single warranty claim on the Ram and I never had the Mustang in shop for anything but a new clutch.

Engines seize because of poor maintenance.

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 17, 2007, 12:56:26 PM
What I meant by that was my Mustang was absolutely trouble free just like my Ram has been.? Not a single warranty claim on the Ram and I never had the Mustang in shop for anything but a new clutch.

Engines seize because of poor maintenance.

I know what you meant.  I just enjoy giving you guys a hard time. 

He did regular oil changes, but he was a little dodgy about warmups (especially when he raced).

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on July 17, 2007, 12:04:22 PM
HemiDude:? I think this is more likely to be a "Shelby CS8" instead of a "Super Snake".? Note the non-GT500 front grille/fascia, the non-GT500 hood, the non-GT500 wheels (which I believe are Shelby "Razors" found on the "Shelby CS8"), the non-GT500 hood release pins, and the non-HID headlights.? Pics I've seen of the "Super Snake" have regular GT500 side stripes with "Super Snake" written in the side stripes a little forward of the rear wheel openings.? I saw this pic in an article about the "Super Snake" dated 7/14/07, which made me wonder about the correctness of other items in the article as well...
I think you're right.  The previous photos I saw showed the Super Snake with different wheels, stripes, hood, etc.  In fact it looked just like a GT500KR.

JYODER240

Quote from: Nethead on July 18, 2007, 10:38:40 AM
I found this at www.autozine.org, from sometime around February of '05:

"Apart from rear suspensions, the (Mustang's) new chassis has nothing outdated. It is 31% stronger in torsion, taking the absolute value to a world-class 20,300 Nm/degree."

In the 2006 models, the excellent chassis rigidity figure above was improved greatly by incorporating body/frame improvements learned from the twenty-eight GT500 mules.? These improvements were added to the production line of all Mustangs--V6s as well as V8s.

Someone in one of the earlier Mustang threads was arguing that pounds per inch of flex was not relevant--but now we know it was 20,300 Newton meters per degree of flex in the 2005s, and much greater beginning with the 2006s thanks to the lessons learned from the GT500 mules.? J ODOR 240 would shit a brick if we post this data as an informational update to the relevant--horrors!--Mustang thread, so I guess whomever will have to find it here!

Anyway, for comparison, a Ferrari 360 and a Lamborghini Gallardo each have torsional rigidities of 23,000 Nm/degree and the Ford GT has a torsional rigidity of 29,000 Nm/degree, per www.autozine.org.? The 35 percent or more improvement in the torsional rigidity of the 2006 Mustang over the 2005 Mustang should work out to a torsional rigidity of over 27,400 Nm/degree in simple mathematical computation, but the trick is that body/frames do not flex in a strictly linear progression.? That being the case, only testing can reveal the torsional rigidity of the 2006 and later Mustangs.? It might match or exceed the torsional rigidity of the Ford GT, or it may get really close...

Go Mustang Go!!!!
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

SVT666

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 16, 2007, 12:58:07 PM
Molly Saleen, the daughter of Steve Saleen, will be driving a hot pink 500 hp Saleen Mustang in the re-enactment of the Canonball Run.? She's all leg my friends, all leg.

More pics:

93JC

SVT666

Raza

She's quite the little hottie, eh?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

JYODER240

I don't think her face is anything special. Although being the daughter of Steve Saleen adds some points.

SVT666

With legs like those all her face has to be is marginal.

r0tor

I saw in Autoweek the Shelby GT500 is being offered with 0% financing?!?!  :confused:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Cobra93

Quote from: r0tor on July 31, 2007, 12:50:45 PM
I saw in Autoweek the Shelby GT500 is being offered with 0% financing?!?!  :confused:

For 36 months. No deals on 48, 60 or 72 month. :( I'd be more interested in finding a dealer that would at least come down to MSRP.  :rage:

JYODER240

Quote from: Cobra93 on July 31, 2007, 01:07:40 PM
For 36 months. No deals on 48, 60 or 72 month. :( I'd be more interested in finding a dealer that would at least come down to MSRP.? :rage:

A dealership by my house has 6 GT500s all for 65K

SVT666

A dealership in Edmonton has sold 4 GT500's for $100,000.  We have too much money in Alberta. :(

JYODER240

I could never get myself to pay above sticker for one.