Mitsubishi Grandis-One Hot Minivan!

Started by BMWDave, June 21, 2005, 07:58:07 PM

Catman

Pretty cool vehicle.  It looks really close to the Mazda 5.

Tom

QuoteSUV buyers.
God!  I hate SUV buyers!  Especially little paid-for women who drive Escalade ESVs and don't know what to do ever.
Those are also the MILFs.  We like them ;)  

BMWDave

QuoteYou guys are getting too excited about a minivan that won't reach our shores, and is just another baby-carrier.
Well, I hope they do bring it over to the US.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

R33 GT-R

Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

Raza

QuoteSUV buyers.
God!  I hate SUV buyers!  Especially little paid-for women who drive Escalade ESVs and don't know what to do ever.
Yes--but they should be in the bedroom, not behind the wheel.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tom

QuoteSUV buyers.
Maybe she was returning from the gym...that's OK, right?

Raza

QuoteSUV buyers.
Yeah.

But we all know Cherokees are the only SUVs worth driving.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

R33 GT-R

QuoteSUV buyers.
well it depends on if she has a yeast infection or not.

Tom

QuoteSUV buyers.
Yeah.

But we all know Cherokees are the only SUVs worth driving.
Ahem

R33 GT-R

TBR

Why is it everyone thinks that Mitsubishi has no money? They are loaded, it is only the auto division that is doing bad. I like this vehicle a lot, but it looks to much like a minivan to be a real turn around vehicle. What we need is a high performance version of the Eclipse: 300+ hp, AWD, and more aggressive styling.  

BMWDave

QuoteWhy is it everyone thinks that Mitsubishi has no money? They are loaded, it is only the auto division that is doing bad. I like this vehicle a lot, but it looks to much like a minivan to be a real turn around vehicle. What we need is a high performance version of the Eclipse: 300+ hp, AWD, and more aggressive styling.
It will definitely help them a lot....it would be another whole model line, and it looks great.  I'm sure many people would buy it just for its looks.  It would definitely be a start.  

2007 Honda S2000

cawimmer430

They're quite popular in Germany at the moment: and for a good reason. The automotive press here likes the Grandis. Personally, I think it is one of the best looking minvans in the European market. It looks sporty, yet practical and Mitsubishi in Europe has excellent quality and reliability ratings unlike in America (don't ask me how...).

I don't think it would sell in the US though. The only engine available at the moment is a 2.4-l 4-cylinder with 160-horsepower I believe. A Volkswagen diesel engine will be sourced later but it's too slow for America. If it can't beat a 'Vette, it's a POS.  :lol:  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

ifcar

The US has a 2.4-liter 4-cyl Dodge Caravan with only 150 horsepower (but essentially no one buys it except for fleet service), and we're about to get Mazda's smaller-than-MPV minivan with a 2.3-liter 4-cyl, 160 horsepower. It wouldn't be all alone in the underpowered minivan niche here.

TBR

QuoteThe US has a 2.4-liter 4-cyl Dodge Caravan with only 150 horsepower (but essentially no one buys it except for fleet service), and we're about to get Mazda's smaller-than-MPV minivan with a 2.3-liter 4-cyl, 160 horsepower. It wouldn't be all alone in the underpowered minivan niche here.
It would have to have a trump card of some sort over its competitor so I wouldn't be surprised if it get the 3.8l V6 as an option, provided it will fit of course.  

cawimmer430

QuoteThe US has a 2.4-liter 4-cyl Dodge Caravan with only 150 horsepower (but essentially no one buys it except for fleet service), and we're about to get Mazda's smaller-than-MPV minivan with a 2.3-liter 4-cyl, 160 horsepower. It wouldn't be all alone in the underpowered minivan niche here.
It would have to have a trump card of some sort over its competitor so I wouldn't be surprised if it get the 3.8l V6 as an option, provided it will fit of course.
True. Let's hope it fits to satisfy those "in-a-hurry" moms.  :lol:  

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

BMWDave

:lol:   And for the ones that need to beat a Corvette they can get an E55 wagon.

2007 Honda S2000

cawimmer430

:lol:   And for the ones that need to beat a Corvette they can get an E55 wagon.
Or an M5 Touring: if it's coming over to the US. Check www.germancarfans.com for pictures of the M5 estate.  ;)  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

BMWDave

Or an M5 Touring: if it's coming over to the US. Check www.germancarfans.com for pictures of the M5 estate.  ;)
I saw the pictures already....thats one badass wagon!

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

I doubt it is, I was very surprised to here that the E55 Sports Wagon was coming over and a BMW high performance wagon is an even less likely choice for US importation.  

thewizard16

It looks very much like the Mitsubishi Space Wagon to me. Perhaps they're similar? (Space Wagon is a European name for their crossover wagon-van whatever you call those) I've wondered why more of the carmakers over here didn't bring some of their crossover models to the US to replace or add to some of their line up. Vehicles in this segment that I'd like to see in the US-

Mitsubishi Space Wagon
Toyota Avensis Verso (and Corolla Verso to replace the Matrix)
Honda Stream
Kia Carens
Mazda Premacy

I can't speak for the quality or "good-ness" of any of the vehicles, but they all look at least decent, styling wise, seem very practical, and yet aren't quite minivans.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

cozmik

QuoteWhy is it everyone thinks that Mitsubishi has no money? They are loaded, it is only the auto division that is doing bad. I like this vehicle a lot, but it looks to much like a minivan to be a real turn around vehicle. What we need is a high performance version of the Eclipse: 300+ hp, AWD, and more aggressive styling.
Mitsubishi Motors is doing bad, they are in horrible shape. Mitsubishi Motors is a seperate company from Mitsubishi Electric and Mitsubishi Bank and all the other Mitsubishi brand companies. They are all seperate companies. They generally have stakes in each other now (they had all split up at one time) but they are not one single company. The Mitsubishi Tokyo Bank's stake in MM for example is no different that DCX's stake was, that is, they don't have to give them money and they are not the same company.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

BMWDave

QuoteIt looks very much like the Mitsubishi Space Wagon to me. Perhaps they're similar? (Space Wagon is a European name for their crossover wagon-van whatever you call those) I've wondered why more of the carmakers over here didn't bring some of their crossover models to the US to replace or add to some of their line up. Vehicles in this segment that I'd like to see in the US-

Mitsubishi Space Wagon
Toyota Avensis Verso (and Corolla Verso to replace the Matrix)
Honda Stream
Kia Carens
Mazda Premacy

I can't speak for the quality or "good-ness" of any of the vehicles, but they all look at least decent, styling wise, seem very practical, and yet aren't quite minivans.
I can speak of quality of the Avensis and Corolla Verso.  I was in both of those, and they are very good quality.  The Avensis also has a huge trunk, and looks very class and elegant.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Mitsubishi Motors is doing bad, they are in horrible shape. Mitsubishi Motors is a seperate company from Mitsubishi Electric and Mitsubishi Bank and all the other Mitsubishi brand companies. They are all seperate companies. They generally have stakes in each other now (they had all split up at one time) but they are not one single company. The Mitsubishi Tokyo Bank's stake in MM for example is no different that DCX's stake was, that is, they don't have to give them money and they are not the same company.
I see, I always assumed they were still one company, just with different divisions.