Thinking about selling the 7...thinking

Started by Submariner, June 12, 2007, 06:01:51 PM

deesea

Quote from: ro51092 on June 24, 2007, 11:05:00 AM

Big and clumsy? I think you've got the wrong number bro.

There's big and clumsy.

Ok, mayb not as big and clumsy as the lexus, ok mayb big and clumsy aren't the right words to describe the car. But its still not as sleek looking as the Jag.

VS

Common! we all know that the jag is the clear winner here  :rockon:
So I'm Gonna start a revolution from my bed - Noel Gallagher

Sir_CARzy

We were talking about the E38 7, not the new one.... the new one is (disappointingly) ugly, since i'm a big 7, and big german saloon (A8/7/S-class) fan.

i mean, this is just amazing.....this and the E30 M3 are the pinnacle of BMW design.

Maybe I'm alone on this one?

deesea

Yeah, the E38 is a lot better looking than the current generation 7 series. But I'm afraid i still would take the XJ over the 750, I still think the jag is better looking.  :lol:

Submariner

Quote from: deesea on June 24, 2007, 10:03:07 AM
As much as I like the 7, i still love the XJ just a little bit more haha, something about is just so hot! and the portfolio edition is just so much hotter, its sleek, stylish, and sporty. The 7 looks big and clumsy :mask:

Haha, i'm not angry with you for your opinion  or anything, but...get off the crack man.  :thumbsup:
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

deesea

Quote from: Submariner on June 24, 2007, 05:23:35 PM
Haha, i'm not angry with you for your opinion  or anything, but...get off the crack man.  :thumbsup:

LOL, mayb i should, maybe i should  :praise:

The_Joker

Jaguars are classy, beautiful, prestigious cars.  I would love to have one myself some day.  You only live one life, you might as well enjoy it driving different cars if you choose.  Having a Jaguar just seems like one of those things to go on a "things to do before you die" type list. I say go for it. :lol: I imagine the Jaguar is quite a chick magnet.
94 M-Edition Miata

ChrisV

Quote from: deesea on June 24, 2007, 12:58:58 PM
Ok, mayb not as big and clumsy as the lexus, ok mayb big and clumsy aren't the right words to describe the car. But its still not as sleek looking as the Jag.

As was said, we're talking about comparing the '01 740 Sport vs a jag. You need to drive a 740 like Zach's and mine to understand. They drive like vastly smaller cars, very agile. maybe come ride with one of us when we hit the twisties. As for looks, it's a tossup. The Jag is sexy in a very jaguar sedan sort of way (which I love, having owned a couple examples of the older, original XJ) But the E 38 is a very attractive sedan.

Mine:

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

SVT_Power

Quote from: Sir_CARzy on June 24, 2007, 02:31:48 PM
We were talking about the E38 7, not the new one.... the new one is (disappointingly) ugly, since i'm a big 7, and big german saloon (A8/7/S-class) fan.

i mean, this is just amazing.....this and the E30 M3 are the pinnacle of BMW design.

Maybe I'm alone on this one?

I think both the E30 M3 (or any M car for that matter) and the E38 7ers are great looking cars, but i wouldn't go as far as to say they're the pinnacles of BMW design
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Tave

I'd take the Jag over anything else in that segment.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Sir_CARzy

Quote from: M_power on June 25, 2007, 09:22:01 AM
I think both the E30 M3 (or any M car for that matter) and the E38 7ers are great looking cars, but i wouldn't go as far as to say they're the pinnacles of BMW design

yea, that was a bit of an exaggeration but I do think they're extremely beautfiul. Those and the E46 M3.  :praise: Followed by all the other M's and the E92 3.  :wub:

deesea

Quote from: Sir_CARzy on June 25, 2007, 11:03:24 AM
yea, that was a bit of an exaggeration but I do think they're extremely beautfiul. Those and the E46 M3.  :praise: Followed by all the other M's and the E92 3.  :wub:

+1

YES!!! FINALLY! SOMEONE AGREES! and i thought i was alone for the longest time when it came to the looks of the E92! finally!

Sir_CARzy

Eye of the Tiger

More like "Rental Car White" or "Fleet White". That car makes it look good, though. :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

I'll say this about the E92:

It makes the E90 look good.

That's quite an accomplishment.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

deesea

Quote from: Raza  on June 25, 2007, 06:55:52 PM
I'll say this about the E92:

It makes the E90 look good.

That's quite an accomplishment.

Well, thats one more supporting in my eyes, cuz the E90 is just ugly.   :nono:

SVT_Power

E92 has grown on me alot strangely over the last while, but it still has nothing on a E46, especially the M3.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

deesea

Quote from: M_power on June 25, 2007, 07:25:08 PM
E92 has grown on me alot strangely over the last while, but it still has nothing on a E46, especially the M3.

Patience young grasshopper  :P the E92 will eventually look sexier than the E46, just depends on how long it takes..really don't like the funky stuff they did with the hood on the M3 though..

Soup DeVille

Quote from: deesea on June 25, 2007, 07:55:24 PM
Patience young grasshopper? :P the E92 will eventually look sexier than the E46, just depends on how long it takes..really don't like the funky stuff they did with the hood on the M3 though..

The Muira still looks better than the Diablo, the E-type still looks better than the XJ, and the E92 wil never look better than the E46.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

deesea

the Miura will ALWAYS look better than the diablo, thats a sure thing. But I'm not so sure about the E-type :mask: 
the XJ just looks so damn sick. But looks are personal opinions, one persons trash is anothers treasure. So it's hard to tell, but I'm leaning a little bit towards the E92's side on this one, mind you i still love the design on the E46 (esp the E46 CSL M3)

SVT_Power

funny, i don't like the miura and the e-type from the front views. I think their appeals to me are their beautiful profile and lines.

Raza

Quote from: M_power on June 25, 2007, 10:27:38 PM
funny, i don't like the miura and the e-type from the front views. I think their appeals to me are their beautiful profile and lines.

You don't like the E Type because the wheels are shrouded by the body instead of being at the corners like they are in modern cars.

You don't like the Miura because you're dumb.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tave

The Miura is a'ight. It isn't the holy-grail of car design by any means, and I'm not sure it has any buisness being mentioned in the same sentence as the E-Type. :devil:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

ChrisV

Quote from: Tave on June 26, 2007, 08:57:32 AM
The Miura is a'ight. It isn't the holy-grail of car design by any means,

Bite your tongue!

and I'm not sure it has any buisness being mentioned in the same sentence as the E-Type. :devil:

As automotive works of art go it's right up there with the E type and the Talbot Lago T 150C

Tave

Exactly! Undeniable proof that it's ugly next to the E :lol:

Just joking: I've seen a good-condition Miura in person and it's quite striking, but in the end it doesn't get my blood pumping like the Jag.

I like the E-type coupe more. Do you prefer it or the 'vert, Chris?

ChrisV

Quote from: Tave on June 26, 2007, 10:46:57 AM
I like the E-type coupe more. Do you prefer it or the 'vert, Chris?

Given the choice I'll always take a convert. Always have, always will. But, given my personal dollar budget, the coupe is usually $30-40k cheaper. Sometimes more.

My father in law has had 3 '67 E type convertibles. The last one was supposed to be willed to my wife, then he got offered more cash than it was worth to sell it, so he did. Can't blame him.

yes, I can. :(

Tave

Quote from: ChrisV on June 26, 2007, 10:51:24 AM
My father in law has had 3 '67 E type convertibles.

I know people who buy multiple pairs of the same shoe, but that's just....

What a lucky man. Of course you can blame him.

Raza

Neither of them hold a candle to the original Dino.

*ducks*

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Quote from: ChrisV on June 26, 2007, 10:51:24 AM
Given the choice I'll always take a convert. Always have, always will.

A man after my own heart.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ChrisV

Quote from: Raza  on June 26, 2007, 11:27:38 AM
Neither of them hold a candle to the original Dino.

The original Dino?

Or this '67 Dino?

Hehehehehe.

Of the Ferrari's I prefer the 250 GT Lusso to the Dino.

Tave

I used to have a couple pictures of a 206 or 246 on my phone, until the camera went belly-up and I ended up deleting them :banghead:

I saw it about 30 Miles outside of PHX in the 'burbs. Guy looked like he was getting ready for a Sunday cruise; we caught him at a gas station. It is a great looking car. Sort of organic, sort of space-age machine. Interesting surfaces too, that keep you looking at the car thinking, "huh, now what's that line up to?"