***Audi A5 3.0 TDI and S5 from M?hldorf***

Started by cawimmer430, June 16, 2007, 01:24:32 PM

cawimmer430

The local Audi dealership finally has the A5 on show. So I stopped by hoping to take some pictures - and was stunned to see an S5 there!

This car is just gorgeous. As I was walking around it, I got the impression that Audi went through great lengths to impress with the level of detail. Every angle you view this car from, it's simply gorgeous and gives you this feeling of Teutonic perfection. Just sweet.

The silver A5 is a 3.0 TDI Quattro and the black one is an S5. Gorgeous, both of them!  :rockon:

3.0 TDI Quattro

S5

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

CJ

Nice pictures.  I still think the A5 is hideous.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: CJ on June 16, 2007, 01:42:50 PM
Nice pictures.  I still think the A5 is hideous.

Yes, but you drive a Camry. Your opinion is voided.

Oh wait... :mask:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

JYODER240

I think they're a little too angular and almost look truck-like to me. I'd like to see something a little sleeker. I still need to see one in person, though.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

It kind of reminds me of the first gen CLK in profile.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

LonghornTX

Quote from: JYODER240 on June 16, 2007, 02:46:08 PM
I think they're a little too angular and almost look truck-like to me. I'd like to see something a little sleeker. I still need to see one in person, though.
It appears VERY sleek in real life.  This car is definately my favorite design in this segment.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

Raza

Quote from: LonghornTX on June 16, 2007, 03:34:45 PM
It appears VERY sleek in real life.  This car is definately my favorite design in this segment.

What segment?  I don't even know what it competes against.  The 3 series?  6 series?  CLK?  CLS? 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

LonghornTX

Quote from: Raza  on June 16, 2007, 03:58:53 PM
What segment?  I don't even know what it competes against.  The 3 series?  6 series?  CLK?  CLS? 
3 series, G37, CLK.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

nickdrinkwater

Autobahn

Am I seeing this right, it's got a B-Pillar?

A cruiser coup? with a B-Pillar, WTF is Audi thinking?  :nono: :nono:

Otherwise I think it looks ok but it somehow lost the non-intrusive elegance of an A4...

Will there be a convertible? However, I guess it doesn't make sense to have an A4 convertible and an A5 convertible

cawimmer430

Well I for one think it's gorgeous.  :praise:

I can't stand looking at the CLK with the A5 and new 3er Cabrio / Coupe next to it. It needs a redesign and fast!

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Sir_CARzy

It looks waaay better now that i see some pictures of it in the wild..... there's something about it here that makes it look much better than the other pictures I've seen. I still really don't like the headlights......they're so strange.  :(

SVT_Power

It looks decent from dead front, but pretty ugly from everywhere else
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Catman

Wow, I can't believe people think this car is ugly. :nutty:

Sir_CARzy

Quote from: Catman on June 17, 2007, 08:29:01 PM
I can see why, with its solara-esq character line, but overall I think its a good looking car.  :huh:

JYODER240

Quote from: Catman on June 17, 2007, 08:29:01 PM

It doesn't look Audi to me. It's overall profile looks Bentley-esque IMO.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

saxonyron

Quote from: JYODER240 on June 17, 2007, 10:41:26 PM
It doesn't look Audi to me. It's overall profile looks Bentley-esque IMO.

Sounds like an old line, but it really does look even better in real life.  At the NY GTG in April, as the other guys can attest, I was pretty blown away by it.  There was a red S5 and it was shockingly handsome.  Kind of like me.  :lol:  But really, the Bentley-esque fender lines that I think you're referring too are definitely there, but I don't think that negates the Audi-essness of this car.  Hell, most of the complaints on the board about Audi are that they all look too much alike!  I'm a fan of the A5/S5 for sure!

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

Great pics, Christian!  Thanks!  :ohyeah:  This rear shot gets my endorphins flowing! 

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

SVT_Power

Quote from: saxonyron on June 18, 2007, 10:12:35 PM
Great pics, Christian!  Thanks!  :ohyeah:  This rear shot gets my endorphins flowing! 

Dont have a stroke old man :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

The A5 is just so darn good looking, I think I'm starting to hate it.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

saxonyron

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

Quote from: NACar on June 18, 2007, 10:26:54 PM
The A5 is just so darn good looking, I think I'm starting to hate it.

Hey, no worries, Nick.  This thing can't touch your 'Steem!  You and the Basils much stay strong! :lol: :ohyeah:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SJ_GTI

Wow, great pics!

I can't wait to see this car at US dealerships.

Tave

That C-pillar isn't working for me right now, but other than that it's a very attractive car. Thanks for the show :ohyeah:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

ChrisV

Absolutely stunning. the details are incredible, but I love the sweeping side body line that accentuates the bulge of the fenders over each wheel. So muscular. And the sweep of the tail to the integrated spoiler is beautiful. I didn't think I'd like the headlights when I first saw it, but these angles are making it look better and better. If I had the money, I'd be all over one.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

cawimmer430

Quote from: saxonyron on June 18, 2007, 10:12:35 PM

I see you like asses. :praise: :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

SJ_GTI

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de