Stupid red light camaras

Started by footoflead, June 22, 2005, 07:56:46 AM

footoflead

Those pesking redlight camaras are coming to my small town :angry: ...this is really pissing me off cause i know that there gonna get me..and its gonna be on a day that i'm late for school or something important...i dont know why but i'd rather have my first tickect from a cop that caught me...not some f***ing redlight camara...just because the cops around here are stupid and pull someone over for going over by 1 F***ing mph...and will ride up your tailpipe untill you do something wrong...i had a cop tail me for about 5 miles and i had to  hold my speedo on 55 f***ing mph on a road where people routinly do 65> just because my mom was with me and i would be ground for a year...and wouldnt be able to get my own car anytime soon....that road is dangerous to do the speed limit if you want to keep you car in one piece...

sorry but i kinda had to vent...which is something i havent done in a while....just tryin to keep from snappin...post if you feel like it
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raza

That sucks, man.  I hear alot of places are cutting back on them, since they've been shown to cause accidents.  

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

Saw a minor rear-end accident where two cars were about to run through a red light. One noticed the cop at the corner, and the other one didn't. They weren't going very fast, at least, but even if they were I couldn't feel too sorry for them. Same deal with a redlight camera, the only way they're going to cause an accident is if two or more drivers decide to run the light and the one in front changes his mind.

Run Away

We have red light and speed cameras.
The red light cameras I'm fine with, as long as they make them less sensative in winter when it's often better to run a red then try to stop when teh road is so icy. I put my car up against a snowbank to slow down for one when it turned yellow and I couldn't stop.

The vans however piss me off. You never know where they are unless you keep a good eye out. They also are only allowed to operate in school zones, playground zones, etc. where the fine for speeding is conveniently doubled. Watch for the red Blazer and multiple green astro vans.

Huge money scam.

R33 GT-R

Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

TurboDan

Quotei dont know why but i'd rather have my first tickect from a cop that caught me...not some f***ing redlight camara
Really?  Cops are great, but cameras don't give out points.  :lol:

They just announced that they're adding more in NYC too - which is pretty bad since traffic lights within the city change at a VERY fast pace.  It's far quicker than any other place I've ever driven.  So, when you're moving quickly down a city street, it's very hard to stop in time, at least without having a taxi rear end you.

The thing to remember is that for the cameras to activate, you have to both enter and exit "the box" once the light has ALREADY turned red.  For example, if you enter the intersection on a yellow and exit under a red, you didn't run a red light.  At least that's how it is in NYS.  I would think that most states are similar in this regard.

Ron From Regina

We have red light cameras here too. I am not too concerned about them. Unless you purposly run the light, they won't get you. I've driven though a lot of yellow on them, and have had no problems. They don't go off, unless you enter the intersection, when it is already red.

Find out if they are changing the yellow timing. Here, the yellow timing on the camera'd lights is the same as all lights, so it is a fair system, imo.

footoflead

Quotei dont know why but i'd rather have my first tickect from a cop that caught me...not some f***ing redlight camara

They just announced that they're adding more in NYC too - which is pretty bad since traffic lights within the city change at a VERY fast pace.  It's far quicker than any other place I've ever driven.  So, when you're moving quickly down a city street, it's very hard to stop in time, at least without having a taxi rear end you.

The thing to remember is that for the cameras to activate, you have to both enter and exit "the box" once the light has ALREADY turned red.  For example, if you enter the intersection on a yellow and exit under a red, you didn't run a red light.  At least that's how it is in NYS.  I would think that most states are similar in this regard.
I hope thats what the do down here

its just going to be a pain in the @$$ when the ticket comes in the mail...id rather a cop catch me because then he was out there doing his JOB...as much as i hate him doing his job...at least he was out there working instead of him eating donuts and sitting on his already fat @$$...

I think rear end collisions are going to increase around here :angry: ...i just hope some idiot doesnt hit me  

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

TurboDan

The local PD probably isn't to blame for red light cams.  It's probably your mayor and town council who want to make some extra cash while still being able to say they didn't raise taxes.

Raza

its just going to be a pain in the @$$ when the ticket comes in the mail...id rather a cop catch me because then he was out there doing his JOB...as much as i hate him doing his job...at least he was out there working instead of him eating donuts and sitting on his already fat @$$...

I think rear end collisions are going to increase around here :angry: ...i just hope some idiot doesnt hit me
I could have sworn a cop's job was to protect and serve, not harass and fine.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

R33 GT-R

:lol:

I watched one of Louisianas finest pass up a broken down vehicle with hood up and man and child on the side of the road yesterday.  Someone was stopped and helping already (not an officer) but c'mon, that's bullshit.  He was on his way to his favorite hideout to make some money for the state.  
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

footoflead

:lol:

I watched one of Louisianas finest pass up a broken down vehicle with hood up and man and child on the side of the road yesterday.  Someone was stopped and helping already (not an officer) but c'mon, that's bullshit.  He was on his way to his favorite hideout to make some money for the state.
those bastards

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

crv16

09 Honda Accord EX-L V6