EZ pass?

Started by Tom, June 22, 2005, 12:58:07 PM

Tom

Do they have these where you guys live?  If your not familiar with it, you get this little electronic piece that you attach to your windshield that allows you to travel the turnpike without stopping at tolls.  You go through designated EZ Pass tolls  and a laser detects you there and sends you a bill every month.  Has anyone ever passed through one of these lanes w/o an EZ Pass unit?  What happened?  

R33 GT-R

they probably have a camera that takes a pic of your plate and they send you an EZ pass to the local courthouse.  
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

Tom

That's what I hear, but 2 people I know went through with no repercussions.  Maybe they file your plate number and if you repeadedly do it they bust you.

R33 GT-R

Maybe, or they could be tallying up the bill every time you pass.  "You went through the EZpass line 37 times this month Tom, that'll be 2,789 dollars.  Will that be cash, charge or a local check."

Raza

From what I hear, you get a ticket in the mail.  It's fucking ridiculous, on the turnpike there are mroe EZ Pass only lanes than ones that take cash--I don't travel enough on toll roads enough for it to make sense for me to have an EZ Pass, and I hate waiting in lines.  I know people who have been unable to get to a cash lane and were basically forced through the EZ Pass lane.

EZ Pass is for douchebags!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

R33 GT-R

Definitely, the EZ pass is for Douchebags!

Tom

lol Some people swear by their EZ Pass.  If you don't have one here, you aren't cool.

R33 GT-R

Go tell them we said they were for Douchebags.  

Raza

Quotelol Some people swear by their EZ Pass.  If you don't have one here, you aren't cool.
Yeah...they all congregate at Starbucks and compare whose coffee sucks the most and who got the worst price...

"My caramel-mocha-gelati-macchia-tosnas was seven dollars, how about you, Raza?"

"My..uh...coffee?...was...uh...four bucks...and it tastes worse than freeze dried dog shit..."

"What size would you like, sir?  Large, Larger, Tall, Grande, My Wife is Cheating on Me, or I Hate My Job and Want to Kill My Boss Because He Slept with My Wife?"

"The last one, Fabian.  The biggest one you got."

Starbucks... :rolleyes:  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

R33 GT-R

Starbucks = Shitstain

L. ed foote

QuoteFrom what I hear, you get a ticket in the mail.  It's fucking ridiculous, on the turnpike there are mroe EZ Pass only lanes than ones that take cash--I don't travel enough on toll roads enough for it to make sense for me to have an EZ Pass, and I hate waiting in lines.  I know people who have been unable to get to a cash lane and were basically forced through the EZ Pass lane.

There is no monthly charge to use an EZ Pass; you do get a discount for using one.

I can't stand wating on line either.  Especially for a douchebag who uses a $20 bill to pay for a $1 toll.  Which is why I got an EZ Pass.  Gets me to happy hour quicker.

If your friends get forced into an EZ Pass lane, they don't know how to drive :lol:  
Member, Self Preservation Society

Raza

QuoteFrom what I hear, you get a ticket in the mail.  It's fucking ridiculous, on the turnpike there are mroe EZ Pass only lanes than ones that take cash--I don't travel enough on toll roads enough for it to make sense for me to have an EZ Pass, and I hate waiting in lines.  I know people who have been unable to get to a cash lane and were basically forced through the EZ Pass lane.

There is no monthly charge to use an EZ Pass; you do get a discount for using one.

I can't stand wating on line either.  Especially for a douchebag who uses a $20 bill to pay for a $1 toll.  Which is why I got an EZ Pass.  Gets me to happy hour quicker.

If your friends get forced into an EZ Pass lane, they don't know how to drive :lol:
I said I know people..not my friends, L. Ed!

I hear they measure your time and if you reach tolls too quickly they deduct money for speeding or what not.  Don't know if it's true, but I'm sure the government's already tracking me, so I don't need to help them out any.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

L. ed foote

Quotelol Some people swear by their EZ Pass.  If you don't have one here, you aren't cool.
Yeah...they all congregate at Starbucks and compare whose coffee sucks the most and who got the worst price...

"My caramel-mocha-gelati-macchia-tosnas was seven dollars, how about you, Raza?"

"My..uh...coffee?...was...uh...four bucks...and it tastes worse than freeze dried dog shit..."

"What size would you like, sir?  Large, Larger, Tall, Grande, My Wife is Cheating on Me, or I Hate My Job and Want to Kill My Boss Because He Slept with My Wife?"

Starbucks...  <_<

I prefer the local diner.  The women are better looking there, anyway

R33 GT-R

Have you ever wiped your butt with your EZ pass?   :o  

L. ed foote

QuoteI said I know people..not my friends, L. Ed!

I hear they measure your time and if you reach tolls too quickly they deduct money for speeding or what not.  Don't know if it's true, but I'm sure the government's already tracking me, so I don't need to help them out any.
Nah, they don't.

Had plenty of opportunities to put that theory to the test, and they haven't deducted anything other than toll $$ from my acct.

Besides, NY, NJ, DE, PA & MD would have to synchronize their clocks in order for a scheme like that to work...  You KNOW that ain't gonna happen.

Raza

Quotelol Some people swear by their EZ Pass.  If you don't have one here, you aren't cool.

Starbucks...  <_<

I prefer the local diner.  The women are better looking there, anyway
Council Rock (my high school--I use it to describe the area I live in) bitches love it there.  I hate paying 3 bucks for bad coffee.  I don't drink cocktails, if it has an umbrella in it I don't want it, and I don't drink froo-froo coffees.  Cream, sugar, black, maybe a shot of espresso if I'm very tired, I don't care.  I'll drink black coffee all day long, whatever.  Just don't put whip cream, chocolate sauce, of give it a stupid name like "macchiato".  It's coffee.  At least it used to be.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

L. ed foote

QuoteHave you ever wiped your butt with your EZ pass?   :o
Nah, but the plastic velcro thingy (where you attach the EZ Pass to the windshield) can be used as a marital aid  :praise:  

R33 GT-R

QuoteHave you ever wiped your butt with your EZ pass?   :o
Nah, but the plastic velcro thingy (where you attach the EZ Pass to the windshield) can be used as a marital aid  :praise:
:lol:  

Raza

What kind of name is EZ Pass anyway?  Sounds like an Ex Lax competitor.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tom

This thread is getting funny.  And I agree about the Starbucks sophistacates-- they deserve to be shat on.

Raza

QuoteThis thread is getting funny.  And I agree about the Starbucks sophistacates-- they deserve to be shat on.
I'll Starbuck it now and then, but damn, I hate yuppies.  And I am a damn yuppie!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tom

QuoteThis thread is getting funny.  And I agree about the Starbucks sophistacates-- they deserve to be shat on.
I'll Starbuck it now and then, but damn, I hate yuppies.  And I am a damn yuppie!
Young Urban Professional?

Raza

QuoteThis thread is getting funny.  And I agree about the Starbucks sophistacates-- they deserve to be shat on.
Young Urban Professional?
I thought it was "young, upwardly mobile......" and then I trail off.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

footoflead

QuoteHave you ever wiped your butt with your EZ pass??? :o
:o  :o  :blink:  :blink:  :blink: :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :rolleyes:  :o  :o  :o  :o  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :o  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :o    :o  :o   :blink:  :blink:  :blink: :rolleyes:  :wacko:  :wacko:  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

TurboDan

You better hope you never have to drive in NYC area, Raza!  

I had another meeting in NJ today, and my EZPass got plenty of use.

Let's see.  Well, first off, I had to exit the NJ Turnpike to go onto the "helix" which leads to the Lincoln Tunnel.  

WAIT TIME:  5 minutes.  Without EZPass: 20 minutes

Then, I had to go through the Lincoln Tunnel itself.  Got into the purple-outlined EZPass Only lanes.

WAIT TIME:  10 minutes.  Without EZPass: 25 minutes.

Was on my way to Forest Hills, Queens, so therefore had to go through the Queens-Midtown Tunnel.

WAIT TIME:  5 minutes.  Without EZPass: same

Then, I had to come back through the Midtown Tunnel later in the night.

WAIT TIME:  No wait.  WITHOUT EZPass: 5 minutes.

My point?  You pretty much HAVE TO have it if you live or drive around here.  And why would anyone resist having it?  I, for one, never enjoyed fumbling for money to pay a toll while simultaneously paying attention to traffic and stomping on the brake to make sure you don't rear-end someone - then opening you window in the cold of winter or heat of summer and reaching all the way out to hand the money to the toll collector while usually dropping a couple of coins onto the road.  Then, if you don't have exact change, waiting for change at a damn toll plaza.  It doesn't cost anything to own, and you even get a discount!  It works everywhere I drive - whether it's just to Queens/Brooklyn/Bronx to go somewhere quick or for longer trips down to DC or something.  I'm glad Maryland finally got rid of that awful M-Tag they had so now EZPass works there too.

Raza

I'm in NYC now and again (about once every month and a half or so, maybe less).  It's not that bad.  I've grown more patience for waiting.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

R33 GT-R

Dans got a good EZ pass but he doesn't flaunt it.  I'm all for being 007 ish with your EZ pass.

Speed_Racer

I used to work at a local coffee shop and I hated making those fancy drinks. Mocha lattes, short cappucinos, machiatos, chai lattes etc. I can' t even spell some of those!

The good thing is that they would tip well, because they considered themselves the most considerate people in the world (just a common thing I noticed).

the funny thing is that I don't drink coffee, so when i made them, I had to make sure that the ingredients were always the same, becasue I had no clue when I made one right, or wrong.

I never got a complaint though!

cozmik

I've got an EZ Pass. It's nice to have. The couple times I had to go the the Long Island offices for work, it came in handy. You don't have to think about if you have enough money or worry about getting change and things like that. On the NJ Turnpike, they have high speed readers, so you can pass through at like 55 MPH through the toll.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

TurboDan

Yeah, NJ is pretty much completely set up with the high speed EZPass.  The have it all along the Parkway, and on the entrances/exits to the Delawaer Memorial Bridge and the George Washington Bridge.

Delaware has it set up along Route 1 between the NJ border and Rehoboth Beach.

I haven't seen it up and running in any other states except NJ and DE, but supposedly they're working on it.