5 (20.8%)
Nissan Versa Sedan
8 (33.3%)
Kia Rio Sedan
1 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Mak450

Quote from: CJ on June 23, 2007, 05:36:28 PM
Yeah, that one.  It IS stock though.  They're dealer installed options.

Hyundai has dealer installed options? That I did not know.

CJ

TBR

I really like the Accent 3-door myself, such a nice looking car. Iffy, what are your impressions?

ifcar

Quote from: TBR on June 23, 2007, 08:15:24 PM
I really like the Accent 3-door myself, such a nice looking car. Iffy, what are your impressions?

It's not cheap enough. Over $12k sticker with nothing but a/c, and not selling drastically below sticker. If it were dirt cheap, it would be a great little economical runabout, but I'd want a lot more for $12,000, new or used, and I could easily get it.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: ifcar on June 23, 2007, 08:44:21 PM
It's not cheap enough. Over $12k sticker with nothing but a/c, and not selling drastically below sticker. If it were dirt cheap, it would be a great little economical runabout, but I'd want a lot more for $12,000, new or used, and I could easily get it.

The Accent 3-door's MSRP is $10,415 with no options.

It goes up to $12,265 if you add:

- Air conditioning 
- Power windows, heated mirrors and door locks 
- Remote keyless entry with alarm and panic alert 
- AM/FM/CD audio system with tweeters 
- Bodycolor mirrors and door handles

For similar money, I'd take a look at a bare-bones Versa, but the Accent is hardly a bad deal.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: TheIntrepid on June 22, 2007, 09:11:29 PM
I don't think so. The actual Jetta belongs in the second group of cars. This one was cars priced under $15,999CAD. I'll make that thread tomorrow.

I just don't see it as a 'small sedan', which is actually why I'd take it  :thumbsup:

Anyway, excuse my previous post, I was coming close to replicating the 'Golf is a coupe' theory  :pullover:

heelntoe

i've only driven the aveo and the accent, and of those, i like the aveo the best, but ford offers a fiesta here and IMO that is a little better than the aveo in the looks department.
@heelntoe

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: heelntoe on June 24, 2007, 06:07:10 AM
i've only driven the aveo and the accent, and of those, i like the aveo the best, but ford offers a fiesta here and IMO that is a little better than the aveo in the looks department.

They sell a Polo saloon over there?

heelntoe

nope, we don't even have VW. the fabia is supposed to come here soon though.
@heelntoe

ifcar

Quote from: NACar on June 23, 2007, 09:11:13 PM
The Accent 3-door's MSRP is $10,415 with no options.

It goes up to $12,265 if you add:

- Air conditioning 
- Power windows, heated mirrors and door locks 
- Remote keyless entry with alarm and panic alert 
- AM/FM/CD audio system with tweeters 
- Bodycolor mirrors and door handles

For similar money, I'd take a look at a bare-bones Versa, but the Accent is hardly a bad deal.

You left out the $580 destination charge.

Running Edmunds TMV for cars with a/c (and side airbags, when not standard) as the only options:

Accent 3-door: $11,856
Yaris 3-door: $12,237
Focus ZX3: $12,593
Elantra (loaded standard): $12,883

IMO, the Yaris is a better basic car, and the Focus and Elantra are well above basic for not much more. The Elantra is actually only $300 or so more than the "premium package" Accent GS, and less if you step up to the Accent SE for the optional ABS standard on the Elantra.

TheIntrepid

That's true, but IMO the new Elantra is ugly as sin. The Accent looks much nicer. Of course, you don't buy any of these cars for looks.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

the Teuton

I kinda like the Yaris out of this group.  I haven't gotten to mess around with a Versa yet, so I have no idea what it's like.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

goldenlover1101

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

Raghavan

I kind of like the Aveo but can't decide.

ChrisV

Quote from: ifcar on June 23, 2007, 08:44:21 PM

Really? The Accent GS hatch with 5 speed is going for $10,500 in Baltimore (at Antwerpen on Route 40) and they have a few of them. I was actually thinking of looking at one in black.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

ifcar

Quote from: ChrisV on June 25, 2007, 06:43:00 AM
Really? The Accent GS hatch with 5 speed is going for $10,500 in Baltimore (at Antwerpen on Route 40) and they have a few of them. I was actually thinking of looking at one in black.

I assume that's without A/C, which is a $1,400 option.

You can get a Focus ZX3 in the range of an Accent with a/c, and it's much more car. The only Accent (IMO) that drives even moderately well is the pricey SE, and it isn't close to a Focus.

You could certainly do worse than a $10,500 Accent, though. And it's much nicer than the previous generation.

ChrisV

That has A/C, too, but to be fair it's the internet price (which is about the only way I get to shop for cars anymore).

I had an example of the previous Accent, which we nicknamed Attilla. It was a decent enough car, which is what leaned me towards the new one, which I really like the looks of for a small econobox.

That one that I posted is a GS with Mini wheels and SE springs. With the 5 speed it's relatively quick and with the SE springs and bigger wheels it handles rather well. That's the kind of potential I look at in a cheap car.

SVT666

If I was in the market for a new Hyundai Accent, I would buy it in the US and bring it back to Canada.  With A/C, power windows, etc. it costs nearly $16,000 all-in.  With the dollar almost par, Iw ould buy it in Great Falls Montana and import the damn thing and still pay less.

ifcar

Quote from: ChrisV on June 25, 2007, 07:01:57 AM
That has A/C, too, but to be fair it's the internet price (which is about the only way I get to shop for cars anymore).

I had an example of the previous Accent, which we nicknamed Attilla. It was a decent enough car, which is what leaned me towards the new one, which I really like the looks of for a small econobox.

That one that I posted is a GS with Mini wheels and SE springs. With the 5 speed it's relatively quick and with the SE springs and bigger wheels it handles rather well. That's the kind of potential I look at in a cheap car.

Or, for about the same price or maybe even less, you could get a car that out-accelerates and outhandles that modified Accent stock. 

ChrisV

Quote from: ifcar on June 25, 2007, 08:32:08 AM
Or, for about the same price or maybe even less, you could get a car that out-accelerates and outhandles that modified Accent stock. 

And for about the cost of tax and tags, I can get a cheap used car that does all that, too. There are always other options. I mean, the BMW might get half the fuel mileage, but it's twice the car for half the money. Or, i could just rebuild my old Renault 4CV with a megasquirt controlled EFI 1 liter engine and get better fuel mileage ina car that is more unique. There are always options. I simply like the looks and function of the Accent, and was thinking about it vs the others not because the others are bad, but because I simply like it more. ;) hcek, I'd get a used SVT Focus before I got a new ZX3. :lol: But if I want a warranty, then my choice is the Accent hatch. Or a Mustang. hehehehe.

SVT666

Quote from: ChrisV on June 25, 2007, 10:15:44 AM
hcek, I'd get a used SVT Focus before I got a new ZX3.
Right on! :rockon:

Quote:lol: But if I want a warranty, then my choice is the Accent hatch. Or a Mustang. hehehehe.
:ohyeah:

Zcarnut

Voted for the Versa even though my money would buy its hatchback variant.
Nicer car than the new Sentra IMO and costs less!
I do drive a Honda (when im mowing my lawn).

CMan

Quote from: Morris Minor on September 26, 2008, 08:43:28 AM
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.

nickdrinkwater

Why is everyone voting for the Versa?

I was at Nissan UK Design HQ today for a job interview and saw the Tiida (Versa) for the first time as it's only on sale in Ireland, not here.  But I was pretty unimpressed.  It's very ugly and looks like something that should have come out three years ago.

Galaxy

But why limit it to sedans when you can get this?   :huh:

ChrisV

Wish we could get the Mazda 2.