Spotted Today!

Started by Raza , June 22, 2005, 06:24:46 PM

shp4man

Quote from: cawimmer430 on December 27, 2018, 12:31:58 PM
Yep. We have importers here which cater to niche buyers. Ford does not officially sell a full-size pickup here, but even for European standards the Ranger is a big pickup.

The most famous one in Munich is Geiger Cars. Need a Corvette? They got it. Un Cadillac, senor? No problemo. A non-invasive penis enlargement a la Ford F-X50? You got it. :lol:

https://geigercars.de

Other importers are Auto Magnus (Ford/Dodge) and AEC Europe (Chrysler/Dodge/RAM).

They even offer a hopped up Raptor. That must turn some heads on the Autobahn!  ;)

cawimmer430

Quote from: shp4man on December 27, 2018, 01:16:20 PM
They even offer a hopped up Raptor. That must turn some heads on the Autobahn!  ;)

I've never seen one on the road. The most "popular" American pickup here is the Dodge RAM. You almost see them daily. In second place is probably the Jeep [Grand] Cherokee.

Once in awhile you'll see a Ford F-_50 or a GM pickup.

When it comes to sports cars the Mustang is hands down the winner. Camaro and Challengers/Chargers are a rather rare sight.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

shp4man

Quote from: cawimmer430 on December 27, 2018, 01:24:56 PM
I've never seen one on the road. The most "popular" American pickup here is the Dodge RAM. You almost see them daily. In second place is probably the Jeep [Grand] Cherokee.

Once in awhile you'll see a Ford F-_50 or a GM pickup.

When it comes to sports cars the Mustang is hands down the winner. Camaro and Challengers/Chargers are a rather rare sight.

And I'll bet even German pickup owners have the curse of the pickup- that is, when a friend or relative moves, you're the first one they call!  :lol:

cawimmer430

Quote from: shp4man on December 27, 2018, 01:35:38 PM
And I'll bet even German pickup owners have the curse of the pickup- that is, when a friend or relative moves, you're the first one they call!  :lol:

They will probably rent one of these. :lol:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

shp4man

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Laconian

Renault Avantime. God damn that was a weird car, as improbable as the Murano convertible.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Laconian

Peugeot RCZ too. Ungh those are soooooo good looking. Too bad it was a lame performer.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Laconian on December 31, 2018, 12:13:10 PM
Peugeot RCZ too. Ungh those are soooooo good looking. Too bad it was a lame performer.

Those weren't hardcore performance cars, but for what it was the RCZ was quite sporty.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpNqljl3NBg

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Laconian

I'm pretty sure the ones I'm seeing here are unthusiastic diesel models...

Laconian

That double bubble roof is super hot.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Laconian on December 31, 2018, 03:36:29 PM
I'm pretty sure the ones I'm seeing here are unthusiastic diesel models...

I believe there was also some kind of entry-level gasoline model, for those who also wanted good gas mileage but with a little more pep.

A buddy of mine had a white RCZ 1.6 THP 200, which has like 197-horsepower if I remember correctly. That thing was pretty fast, but it was basically a "normal FWD" car with no LSD so he did complain about mega understeer and torque steer.

He now drives a Porsche Boxster S.

Are you in France right now?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Morris Minor

Quote from: Laconian on December 31, 2018, 03:36:29 PM
I'm pretty sure the ones I'm seeing here are unenthusiastic diesel models...
Don't forget to buy a gilet jaune at the souvenir store at Orly.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

BimmerM3

Quote from: Morris Minor on December 31, 2018, 04:55:52 PM
Don't forget to buy a gilet jaune at the souvenir store at Orly.

Or just steal the legally mandated one out of his rental car. :lol:

cawimmer430

T'was a Honda Civic Type-R kinda day...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

A trio of vintage Mercedes-Benz firetrucks. I believe the oldest model on the far left is a 3500 from the early/mid-1950s. The center truck is a 1419 and the truck on the right is an 813.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Spotted the upcoming third generation FWD BMW 1-Series again today...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

BimmerM3

I see a decent amount of camo'ed cars in Colorado. I guess it's a good place to test engines at higher altitudes.

cawimmer430

Quote from: BimmerM3 on January 09, 2019, 02:38:39 PM
I see a decent amount of camo'ed cars in Colorado. I guess it's a good place to test engines at higher altitudes.

From American brands?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

BimmerM3

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 09, 2019, 02:39:09 PM
From American brands?

Actually, most of the ones that I got a good enough look at to tell what they are have been BMWs.

cawimmer430

Quote from: BimmerM3 on January 09, 2019, 02:41:08 PM
Actually, most of the ones that I got a good enough look at to tell what they are have been BMWs.

Wow. I had no idea they'd test them over there. Are these perhaps BMW SUVs which are built in the US?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

BimmerM3

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 09, 2019, 02:44:52 PM
Wow. I had no idea they'd test them over there. Are these perhaps BMW SUVs which are built in the US?

Yeah, most have been SUVs. I think I've seen a sedan or two as well though (probably a 5er, IIRC).

cawimmer430

Quote from: BimmerM3 on January 09, 2019, 02:47:10 PM
Yeah, most have been SUVs. I think I've seen a sedan or two as well though (probably a 5er, IIRC).

Really interesting.

I wonder if BMW is now bringing over the upcoming 1-Series, or perhaps a "sedan" variant of it to fight the new Mercedes CLA. Is the Audi A3 Sedan sold in North America?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

BimmerM3

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 09, 2019, 02:48:38 PM
Really interesting.

I wonder if BMW is now bringing over the upcoming 1-Series, or perhaps a "sedan" variant of it to fight the new Mercedes CLA. Is the Audi A3 Sedan sold in North America?

Yup, we have the A3 sedan, A3 "Sportback e-tron" (plug-in hybrid), A3 Cabriolet, S3 sedan, and RS3 sedan.

EDIT: Hopefully this works for you. Audi USA's full line-up, in case you're curious: https://www.audiusa.com/models

cawimmer430

Quote from: BimmerM3 on January 09, 2019, 03:02:38 PM
Yup, we have the A3 sedan, A3 "Sportback e-tron" (plug-in hybrid), A3 Cabriolet, S3 sedan, and RS3 sedan.

EDIT: Hopefully this works for you. Audi USA's full line-up, in case you're curious: https://www.audiusa.com/models

Very nice. The Audi A3 Sportback and Sedan are really nice cars.

And the Audi USA website works for me! Yay! I really miss Car and Driver. They've geoblocked Europe thanks to this stupid GDPR crap...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Laconian

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 09, 2019, 03:07:43 PM
Very nice. The Audi A3 Sportback and Sedan are really nice cars.

And the Audi USA website works for me! Yay! I really miss Car and Driver. They've geoblocked Europe thanks to this stupid GDPR crap...

I was amazed at how much the Web sucks post-GDPR! Lots of obtrusive clickthrough interstitials and sites that just plain don't work.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Laconian on January 09, 2019, 06:59:20 PM
I was amazed at how much the Web sucks post-GDPR! Lots of obtrusive clickthrough interstitials and sites that just plain don't work.

Oh yes. And constant clicking away those annoying cookie-warning pop-ups. Jesus frigging Christ...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Laconian on January 09, 2019, 06:59:20 PM

Ugh
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Laconian

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 10, 2019, 08:04:51 AM
Oh yes. And constant clicking away those annoying cookie-warning pop-ups. Jesus frigging Christ...

It's a vague law with much too big of a stick.