Spotted Today!

Started by Raza , June 22, 2005, 06:24:46 PM

BimmerM3

There are browser extensions to auto-accept the cookie pop-ups if they really bother you that much.

2o6

My German friend moved back and he says it really hasn't affected his life too much  :huh:

giant_mtb

ya wtf is with the cookie popups? websites have always used cookies, no? why do i suddenly need to accept or deny them all the time.

Laconian

Quote from: 2o6 on January 10, 2019, 09:20:29 AM
My German friend moved back and he says it really hasn't affected his life too much  :huh:

My software developer friends that run small businesses are scared shitless, even though everything's above the board for them. Getting lawyers to send GDPR notices is the new denial of service attack.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Laconian

It's a huge win for big companies because you now need a big legal team and resources in order to compete without taking on huge risks. Small players will definitely think twice before trying anything.

The ones that can handle it are large companies and YOLO Asian companies.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

cawimmer430

Quote from: BimmerM3 on January 10, 2019, 09:19:30 AM
There are browser extensions to auto-accept the cookie pop-ups if they really bother you that much.

Really? Why I am only finding out about this now!? :lol:

I use Google Chrome, and on my iPad I guess I am using Safari. I tend to work on my computers but browse the web on my iPad, so I end up clicking most of those annoying Cookie Warning pop-ups away on my iPad.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

Quote from: 2o6 on January 10, 2019, 09:20:29 AM

Does your friend have a website or a commercial Facebook page? If no then he's a "good guy" according to the weirdos in the government who came up with GDPR (we mainly have the idiotic German Green Party to blame for this garbage).

As a website owner I am permanently in danger of legal repercussions because my website doesn't fulfill some GDPR garbage requirement. It's nuts.

Technically I should shut down my Facebook page because according to the European Court of Law I am guilty of helping Facebook receive data of the people who visit and interact on my site.   :wtf:

Maybe your friend doesn't know too much about GDPR and its bizarre silliness. My old folks for example don't understand why I am so upset and angry with the EU and our embarrassing, incompetent and pathetic current German government (what a bunch of losers).

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

BimmerM3

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 10, 2019, 12:42:52 PM
Really? Why I am only finding out about this now!? :lol:

I use Google Chrome, and on my iPad I guess I am using Safari. I tend to work on my computers but browse the web on my iPad, so I end up clicking most of those annoying Cookie Warning pop-ups away on my iPad.

Apparently, anyway. I don't use one myself, but I saw one of my friends talking about them on Facebook.

cawimmer430

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 10, 2019, 09:22:42 AM
ya wtf is with the cookie popups? websites have always used cookies, no? why do i suddenly need to accept or deny them all the time.

According to the clueless old non-Internet-using morons in the EU, cookies are "evil" because they... spy on you and save and sell/transmit your information to third parties bla bla bla...  :tounge:

They are concerned with tracking cookies, and I will admit that this is relevant, but the cookies that most websites use are not of the tracking nature. Still, every website owner in the EU is now potentially a criminal because their website uses cookies. We have to provide a legal disclaimer which warns visitors to our website of the type of cookies we use, if we use Google Analytics etc.

Give it a try... www.wimmerfotografie.de, my warning is at the top...

I've always wondered how I am responsible for this when the blame should lie with the web host provider, right?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: BimmerM3 on January 10, 2019, 12:51:23 PM
Apparently, anyway. I don't use one myself, but I saw one of my friends talking about them on Facebook.

I tend to only visit the same websites, so once I've clicked away the warning the first time it will never show again. In retrospect it's not a big deal.

But it is annoying when I visit another website for the first time and some cookie warning pops up for me to click OK and away...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

By the way, I saw a frigging Hyundai Sonata today! #EXOTIC  :confused:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 10, 2019, 01:11:26 PM
By the way, I saw a frigging Hyundai Sonata today! #EXOTIC  :confused:

Why so much traffic in the middle of nowhere?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on January 10, 2019, 02:07:26 PM
Why so much traffic in the middle of nowhere?

Train track crossing, and I was waiting there for about 8 minutes! German efficiency for ya! ;)

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AutobahnSHO

Delorean. For sale. $37k.

Wife said it looks amazing inside but that's funny!
Will

93JC

Nissan Stagea (M35); basically an Infiniti G35 wagon.

12,000 RPM

Someone at my job got a Q8. Looks like an evil Q5, I kinda like it.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

cawimmer430

HOLY SHIT!

A Honda Accord!!!  :rockon:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Abandoned Mercedes-Benz O319 Bus.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

^Ideal candidate for a rat rod.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on January 24, 2019, 12:27:26 PM
^Ideal candidate for a rat rod.

I'm not sure it could handle the stress! The body is so rusted and I assume the frame must be barely keeping this thing together. :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Eye of the Tiger

At first, I couldn't tell what it was, except that it was new to me. It was a the perfect shape for an automobile, and in a striking white color. Elegant, but not pretentious. Sporty, but not too aggressive. The trunk must be huge. Then I realized that I done seen my first Kia Stinger.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

Some interesting cars at Mirbach in Anzing.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

93JC

LOL, that Excalibur... the guts of a mid-'80s Chevy Caprice (155 hp 305 V8...) with a cheesy Mercedes-Benz knock-off body, all for the low low price of €86,900. :lol:

12,000 RPM

Someone at my job got a Q8. Looks way better in person than in pictures.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 93JC on January 28, 2019, 11:33:38 PM
LOL, that Excalibur... the guts of a mid-'80s Chevy Caprice (155 hp 305 V8...) with a cheesy Mercedes-Benz knock-off body, all for the low low price of €86,900. :lol:

Isn't that a Zimmer? Maybe the changed the name overseas.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FoMoJo

I can't imagine the level of bad taste needed to be seen driving one of those.  Liberace, or maybe Elvis. :facepalm:

93JC

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on January 29, 2019, 07:19:36 AM
Isn't that a Zimmer? Maybe the changed the name overseas.

Different companies. Zimmers were very similar, but Excalibur started about a decade earlier.

Quote from: FoMoJo on January 29, 2019, 08:51:36 AM
I can't imagine the level of bad taste needed to be seen driving one of those.  Liberace, or maybe Elvis. :facepalm:

:nono:

Elvis had a Stutz Blackhawk. :lol: Liberace had an Excalibur though.

FoMoJo

Quote from: 93JC on January 29, 2019, 02:14:17 PM
Different companies. Zimmers were very similar, but Excalibur started about a decade earlier.

:nono:

Elvis had a Stutz Blackhawk. :lol: Liberace had an Excalibur though.
The original Studebaker model may have been somewhat interesting when it first came out.  It actually looked like and old Mercedes SS.

cawimmer430

I know, it looks ridiculous. :lol:

The salesman told me the previous owner was an older gentleman who really loved it and drove it only on special occasions with his wife. That explains the low mileage.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Beautiful Mercedes-Benz 230E W123 with only 175,903 kilometers. Appears to be for sale at this gas station near Haag.  :wub:

www.wimmerfotografie.de