Bought a new car yesterday.

Started by FordSVT, June 25, 2007, 10:17:19 AM

FordSVT

Well, I couldn't pass up this deal. Couldn't. I've always wanted one, but could never rationalize paying $40-50,000 for a model year I'd be happy with. Found out through a friend that someone had to ditch one of his two Boxters quickly as he was separating from his wife. Similar examples are going for 10 grand more. Seriously, this is a really good buy. If this car was being sold in Montreal it wouldn't have sat for more than an hour.

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/result.aspx?searchtype=adv&category=4000&mk=PORSCHE&md=BOXSTER%20S&pro=NB&type=province#

It's the silver one in Penobsquis. Originally an Arizona car, 16,000 clicks. I'm picking it up this weekend. I'm also finally buying a digital camera so I should have some pics next week of my cars.

And yes, I'm going to have to sell the Stang. Sacrilege, I know, the cars couldn't be so different. But it's a fucking Porsche.  :rockon: That and my soon to be wife (BTW, getting married Aug 3 people) told me if I didn't buy it she'd never shut up about it.

Raza

Welcome to the club.? It's a good place.

But you're going to have to learn how to spell "Boxster".

:lol:

Congratulations!

However, I can't get the link to work.  What year, engine, and transmission is it?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ChrisV

Congrats! Excellent choice! Of course, now everyone is going to be getting Boxsters, it would seem...
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Rich

How much are you hoping to get for the Mustang, realistically
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

TheIntrepid

Congratulations!!! The link doesn't work, so details? What year, and 986 or 987?

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

FordSVT

Quote from: Raza  on June 25, 2007, 10:20:04 AM
Welcome to the club.  It's a good place.

But you're going to have to learn how to spell "Boxster".

Congratulations!

However, I can't get the link to work.  What year, engine, and transmission is it?

Funny, I can click on the link and it just opens. it's the one in Penobsquis, NB.

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/result.aspx?searchtype=adv&category=4000&mk=PORSCHE&md=BOXSTER&pro=NB&type=province#

Is that better? It's a 2001, Silver, Type S. It's the Tiptronic auto, but I'll forgive it for that for being so cheap and such a steal.

Any recommendations for image hosting sites?

And yes, I've got the same mental block with Box(s)ter as I do with spelling Infinity(i).  :lol:
-FordSVT-

TheIntrepid

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

FordSVT

Quote from: M_power on June 25, 2007, 10:37:37 AM
nope not working still

Dunno, works for me.

If you go to autotrader.ca and search for Porsche Boxster in New Brunswick, it's the one from Penobsquis.

SVT666

:cry:

You're right, I am disapointed.  SVT PM'd me to prepare me for the disapointment. 

Show me a pic of your Stang and how much you want for it.  I'll see what I can do to convince my wife.  I highly doubt she'll let me, but it's worth a try.

TheIntrepid

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=28608003&pgno=1&srt=1

2001 PORSCHE BOXSTER S ROADSTER auto with tiptronic, loaded, 18'' wheels, 3.2L, Arizona car, must be seen, only 16,000 kms! By far one of the best sport cars ever built! $29,500 obo. Can email lots of pictures.

:rockon: HOT.

Raza

Quote from: FordSVT on June 25, 2007, 10:36:26 AM
Funny, I can click on the link and it just opens. it's the one in Penobsquis, NB.

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/result.aspx?searchtype=adv&category=4000&mk=PORSCHE&md=BOXSTER&pro=NB&type=province#

Is that better? It's a 2001, Silver, Type S. It's the Tiptronic auto, but I'll forgive it for that for being so cheap and such a steal.

Any recommendations for image hosting sites?

And yes, I've got the same mental block with Box(s)ter as I do with spelling Infinity(i).? :lol:
-FordSVT-

Automatic!  You're out of the club.

Use www.imageshack.us

Okay, I have the solution.  Pick up the car, and immediately put it on the market for full KBB price.  Then, use that money to buy one with a stick!

Want to race?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FordSVT

Quote from: HotRodPilot on June 25, 2007, 10:21:40 AM
How much are you hoping to get for the Mustang, realistically

I'd like to get $26,000 for it, that's the going price for an 05 with my milage. The only option is the leather interior, everything else is standard on a GT in Canada. But I might take less to just get rid of it, I don't enjoy sitting on a used car and I owe less than that on it anyway. One of my friends at work has already expressed an interest in it, but I think he's full of shit.  :partyon:
-FordSVT-

Raza

Quote from: FordSVT on June 25, 2007, 10:43:55 AM
I'd like to get $26,000 for it, that's the going price for an 05 with my milage. The only option is the leather interior, everything else is standard on a GT in Canada. But I might take less to just get rid of it, I don't enjoy sitting on a used car and I owe less than that on it anyway. One of my friends at work has already expressed an interest in it, but I think he's full of shit.? :partyon:
-FordSVT-

$5000 USD.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FordSVT

Quote from: Raza  on June 25, 2007, 10:48:35 AM

$5000 USD.

In a couple of years that will only be worth about $17 Canadian dollars, no deal!  :lol:

Fuck days off are boring...
-FordSVT-

TheIntrepid

Quote from: FordSVT on June 25, 2007, 10:50:54 AM

I beg to differ. I've been out of school 5 days and it's UNBELIEVABLY fun.

FordSVT

They're boring when your day off this week is a MONDAY and no one is around. It's a beautiful day though, I might go for a hike.
-FordSVT-

SVT666

Quote from: FordSVT on June 25, 2007, 11:13:31 AM
They're boring when your day off this week is a MONDAY and no one is around. It's a beautiful day though, I might go for a hike.
-FordSVT-
Take your Mustang out and make her feel better since you have decided to cheat on her and then dump her.

omicron

In a couple of years that will only be worth about $17 Canadian dollars, no deal! :lol:

-FordSVT-

Fuck days are not boring for those of us with practise.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: HEMI666 on June 25, 2007, 11:26:18 AM
Take your Mustang out and make her feel better since you have decided to cheat on her and then dump her.

ro51092

Congrats, you bastard. I'm very jealous of you. Like Raza said, sell it, and find a 6MT!

Raza

In a couple of years that will only be worth about $17 Canadian dollars, no deal!? :lol:

-FordSVT-

If it's stick, I'll go up to $5,250.

This is cash, too.  Lump sum, under the table.  We can even do it spy style, in a brush pass.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Rich

Quote from: TheIntrepid on June 25, 2007, 10:36:49 AM
www.imageshack.us ;)

I can't see imageshack pictures  :(

How about uploading it with the CarSpin software?

SJ_GTI

Wow, congrats! that should be a fun ride, even if its an automatic.  :ohyeah:

S204STi

Congrats man, that is one car I hope to own someday. :rockon:

FordSVT

Quote from: HotRodPilot on June 25, 2007, 12:27:44 PM
I can't see imageshack pictures  :(

How about uploading it with the CarSpin software?

Can you do that?

Rich

Quote from: FordSVT on June 25, 2007, 12:55:55 PM
Can you do that?

I just tried... the site is telling me that the upload folder is full.... :huh:

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raza  on June 25, 2007, 12:00:47 PM
If it's stick, I'll go up to $5,250.

This is cash, too.  Lump sum, under the table.  We can even do it spy style, in a brush pass.

:lol: :lol: Watching too many movies there?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

sandertheshark

Tave

Congrats on the Porsche man, you're livin the dream.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.