Chrysler 300, Big hits, to be Overhauled by 2010

Started by BMWDave, June 23, 2005, 05:15:46 AM

BMWDave

Chrysler 300, Other Big Hits to Be Overhauled for 2010
Date Posted 06-22-2005

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. ? Expect Dodge's Magnum wagon and the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger sedans to get major reskins for model-year 2010, according to supplier sources familiar with parent company DaimlerChrysler's plans.

The vehicles will likely carry over most of their current chassis and powertrain configurations. By the time of the overhaul, a fourth sibling model ? the two-door Dodge Challenger ? will be on the market.

What this means to you: It's never too early to start thinking about how to improve your product. And if you're wondering just how important these vehicles have been to Chrysler, just look at where crosstown rivals Ford and General Motors are.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

Same engines. :rolleyes:

Five years on the market followed by a cosmetic-only redesign is not a successful formula.  

R33 GT-R

Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

ifcar

QuoteDon't mess with the HEMI.
The Hemi doesn't need to be changed or replaced, but I'd say both V6s would benefit from a replacement now, just think how outdated they'll be in 2010.

Raza

The Hemi doesn't need to be changed or replaced, but I'd say both V6s would benefit from a replacement now, just think how outdated they'll be in 2010.
if's got a point.  The V6 models are lacking in the power department.  But it says "most" so we'll likely see a power improvement on the V6s.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

R33 GT-R

They'll have the new photon motor out for them then.  A 1 cylinder that produces 395 hp and 450 in the torque department.  

Away with the V6, faster burn heads for the HEMI.

ifcar

if's got a point.  The V6 models are lacking in the power department.  But it says "most" so we'll likely see a power improvement on the V6s.
"The vehicles will likely carry over most of their current chassis and powertrain configurations."

Maybe they'll get an additional 10-15 horsepower out of them, but that's not going to make enough of a difference.

R33 GT-R

"The vehicles will likely carry over most of their current chassis and powertrain configurations."

Maybe they'll get an additional 10-15 horsepower out of them, but that's not going to make enough of a difference.
We're talking about 5 years, these guys won't bring that to the table.  It's a projection to make someone feel good about having a job.

TBR

Nothing is set in stone yet, DaimlerChrysler might have something up their sleeve that no one else knows about.  

ifcar

We'll have to see, but I wouldn't count on anything more than what this article promises.

TBR

QuoteWe'll have to see, but I wouldn't count on anything more than what this article promises.
Neither would I, but what the article predicts is 5 years away, that is enough time to develop a completely new car.  

ifcar

Four years away, they're talking about MY 2010. And considering that everyone but Honda unveils their finished cars several months ahead of time, that's three and a half years. That's pushing it.

TBR

QuoteFour years away, they're talking about MY 2010. And considering that everyone but Honda unveils their finished cars several months ahead of time, that's three and a half years. That's pushing it.
I assumed they were talking about calendar year 2010. Still, 3.5 years should be enough to develop a new engine, or even just make a few modifications to Benz's old 3.2l or perhaps find a way to get the DOHC 4.7l in there.  

R33 GT-R

ifcar

Six years for a trendy design without even a restyle would never work, even five is pushing it IMO. And while they could theoretically get a new engine out by then, there's no evidence that they will.  

TBR

QuoteSix years for a trendy design without even a restyle would never work, even five is pushing it IMO. And while they could theoretically get a new engine out by then, there's no evidence that they will.
But there is no evidence they won't, except for this article which is pretty much useless. A lot can change in 3.5 years and the auto media won't necessarily be told about it.  

ifcar

I certainly hope they do something before 2010 myself, I don't like the current V6 300s at all, for various reasons.

BMWDave

QuoteI certainly hope they do something before 2010 myself, I don't like the current V6 300s at all, for various reasons.
Yup. unless you get the 300C, the base cars arent that impressive at all.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...