Official Press release: BMW 135i Coupe

Started by SJ_GTI, June 28, 2007, 12:36:31 PM

LonghornTX

Quote from: Tave on July 09, 2007, 01:15:12 PM
The more I see of the 135 the less I like it. It's like they tried to force a larger car's design onto it. It looks awkward and seems to sits too far off the ground.
Too far off the ground  :confused:?  The 135i looks pretty slammed to me, stock.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

Tave

Quote from: LonghornTX on July 09, 2007, 01:18:11 PM
Too far off the ground? :confused:?? The 135i looks pretty slammed to me, stock.

I'm not talking about the suspension, I'm talking about the design. There's a lot of material on top of the wheels.

Look at the difference between the rear ends of these, specifically in the space between the wheel and the top of the sheetmetal. Notice how much more (relative) volume is occupied in this:

versus this:

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

LonghornTX

Quote from: Tave on July 09, 2007, 01:27:03 PM
I'm not talking about the suspension, I'm talking about the design. There's a lot of material on top of the wheels.

Look at the difference between the rear ends of these, specifically in the space between the wheel and the top of the sheetmetal. Notice how much more (relative) volume is occupied in this:

versus this:

Well, the first pic you posted is a PS, so there you go......The second doesn't show up as anything.

I like this pic:

Raza

Shit that looks good. 

Why won't they sell a 123i!?

Sad face.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tave

It still looks like a bigger car resting atop tiny wheels. The bumper is too large for the size of the car, front and rear (though they did a decent job of not making the rear look like complete ass).

The second is a picture of the 335. It shows up fine for me: I just grabbed one of the first images I found off of google.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

LonghornTX

Quote from: Tave on July 09, 2007, 01:38:58 PM
It still looks like a bigger car resting atop tiny wheels. The bumper is too large for the size of the car, front and rear (though they did a decent job of not making the rear look like complete ass).

The second is a picture of the 335. It shows up fine for me: I just grabbed one of the first images I found off of google.
Well, I respect your opinion, but I do not share it  :huh:.

LonghornTX

SJ_GTI

We probably won't get that interior in the US. FYI, when I went to a 3-series debut event in Montreal one of the cars had that interior. Its really nice (not quite garrish as the older yellow interior, but similar in concept). Canada gets it, but the US does not.

MidnightDave

I hate you guys!  :nono: I bought this MINI, I'm starting to track and mod it and now you show me this, this perfect match to my car buying criteria: small, fairly fast and handles fairly well out of box, not run of the mill, cheap to buy (with no options)/service/mod, small enough to trailer when it's no longer streetable, and not a Miata, (Miatas are great cars and meet this criteria, however, they're today's Camaro from my era and like a certain body part, everybody's got one.)

AARGH! I might have to put the MINI mods on hold b/c I'm going to lose my @ss on it if I sell it to get one of these!  :banghead:
2006 Lexus IS350 - bone stock wouldn't change a thing
2006 MINI Cooper S - For Sale!
2002 Toyota Tacoma - A man and his truck, it's a beautiful thing!

LonghornTX

Quote from: SJ_GTI on July 14, 2007, 02:31:47 PM
We probably won't get that interior in the US. FYI, when I went to a 3-series debut event in Montreal one of the cars had that interior. Its really nice (not quite garrish as the older yellow interior, but similar in concept). Canada gets it, but the US does not.
Yea, I have heard we MIGHT get it.  Who knows, i wouldnt get it anyways because I have heard it is a bitch to keep clean.

ro51092

IEEcon

I'm sure it would sell terribly here in the US, but the 123d would definitely top my list for a new car. Stunning looks, great handling, and 45 mpg.

Catman

It's growing on me.  I kinda like it.

the_koof

I really REALLY want this car! Like the return of 2002tii. Just thinking about taking it on switchback roads wringing it out.
"If you only work on the days you feel good, you won't get much done in your life."

LonghornTX

Quote from: the_koof on July 17, 2007, 11:30:10 PM
I really REALLY want this car! Like the return of 2002tii. Just thinking about taking it on switchback roads wringing it out.
Yea, me too  :rockon:.

Raghavan

The taillights on this car look fantastic.
The interior looks awesome. I can't find one thing about this car that i don't like.

LonghornTX

Raza

I wouldn't spend money on a 135, but boy would I break my no-post-flame-surfacing-BMW rule for a 128 or 125 or 123.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

afty

BMW just sent out an email with a link to their official 1-Series site:
http://content.bmwusa.com/microsite/1series2008/indexflash.html?source=1SERIESTEASEMA001

They are explicitly comparing it to the 2002.  I take this as a good sign.  :)