Mustang
9 (23.7%)
ooh they're both so good
3 (7.9%)
ooh they both suck
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

SaltyDog

Throughout the 80s and most of the 90s when the Maro and Stang went head to head, which was king of redneck motorsports :huh:

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

TheIntrepid

This gen Camaro was awesome!

:rockon:

But I hated this-gen Mustang

It reminded me too much of this:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Eye of the Tiger

Camaros always win, especially when it comes to rednecks.? :praise:

Let's get one thing straight: I don't want to see whining, like: "...but the Mustang came out first, Chevy just copied it...".
That is a bullshit argument, and is irrelevant to which car is better, which happens to be the Camaro. Not that I have a personal vendetta against Mustangs, it's just a fact that the Camaro has always been a better car.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

TheIntrepid

Quote from: NACar on July 04, 2007, 05:01:57 PM
Camaros always win, especially when it comes to rednecks.  :praise:

Let's get one thing straight: I don't want to see whining, like: "...but the Mustang came out first, Chevy just copied it...".
That is a bullshit argument, and is irrelevant to which car is better, which happens to be the Camaro. Not that I have a personal vendetta against Mustangs, it's just a fact that the Camaro has always been a better car.

And it's the one that died a few years ago, while the Mustang still sells amazingly.

the Teuton

The Camaro has maintained itself as a better performance car until late, but my garage would be better suited with a 'Stang.  I just can't get over how long the front is and how the cat cuts into foot room on the passenger side even though I like the Camaro more.  It's just too impractical.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: TheIntrepid on July 04, 2007, 05:06:58 PM
And it's the one that died a few years ago, while the Mustang still sells amazingly.

That's just poor managment by GM. The Mustang has always been more popular, but that doesn't mean shit, as you know, since Camrys are also very popular.

JYODER240

As a whole I probably like Mustangs better. Although I never catch myself dreaming about either.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

SVT666

Quote from: NACar on July 04, 2007, 05:01:57 PM
..it's just a fact that the Camaro has always been a better car.
That's a bullshit statement by the way.  The Mustang was the better car for most of it's existence.  Better performer?  The Camaro has been the better performer for a lot of the years, but the Mustang was definitely the better performer from the late 70s through to 92.  From 93 until their death the F-bodies were the performance champs.  However the Mustang has pretty much always been the better car.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 04, 2007, 08:25:19 PM
That's a bullshit statement by the way.? The Mustang was the better car for most of it's existence.? Better performer?? The Camaro has been the better performer for a lot of the years, but the Mustang was definitely the better performer from the late 70s through to 92.? From 93 until their death the F-bodies were the performance champs.? However the Mustang has pretty much always been the better car.

If my statement is bullshit, then so is yours.  :evildude:

Eye of the Tiger

TheIntrepid

Eye of the Tiger

That's a bullshit statement by the way.? The Mustang was the better car for most of it's existence.? Better performer?? The Camaro has been the better performer for a lot of the years, but the Mustang was definitely the better performer from the late 70s through to 92.? From 93 until their death the F-bodies were the performance champs.? However the Mustang has pretty much always been the better car.

Does "late 70's through 92" include 1987?

http://www.stangbangers.com/87_MustangGTvsCamaroIROC-Z_Article.htm

I won't spoil it for you, go ahead and read the article. :devil:

GoCougs

I'm not so sure about that.

From '79 - '81, though riding on a new platform, the Mustang was saddled with a 2bbl 302, while the older Camaro was still available with a?4bbl 350. The Camaro had the edge in acceleration, though handling went to the Mustang. Both had terrible brakes.

From '82 - '92, the Camaro had the edge in acceleration as it held onto its 350 (and the Mustang, the 302), but now it (generally) had an edge in handling and definitely in braking. The Camaro's major (performance) fault is that the 350 was not available with a manual transmission.

IMO, the Camaro has always been the better overall performer throughout its existence. Some years were surely quite close, and some tests may show that the Mustang came out ahead, but over all, generation vs. generation, the Camaro wins. I think it comes down mostly to the engine: in the wars of old-school small blocks (and old-school engines in general), the Chevy small block was better than the Ford.

To echo the sentiment of you and a few, IMO the Mustang has been the better built vehicle from '79 onward.

omicron

Eye of the Tiger

footoflead

I think we all know where i stand...but i'm not really in the mood to argu right now as i would get to carried away
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

goldenlover1101

I like camaros more, probably because I owned one. They are both nice cars though and have their merits and obviously the Mustang lasted longer. It just depends on personal preeference in my opinion.

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

Raza

It's a tough question.  I like the Camaro and Mustang, but I like the Trans Am more. 

I think I'm going to have to choose Camaro.  I still want a final gen SS in black.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Onslaught

I'll take a Chevy over a Ford any time. I just don't like the Mustang and never have. Until the current model I couldn't stand them. And I got to the point at work I refused to fix them for a few years.
That said I didn't like the looks of the Camaro of the 90's and I didn't like the 80's one all that much too. The 67-69 Camaro is the only ones I would want.

SVT666

Too many similarities for me to like this car.

Raza

I don't really see any...

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

That's because you're blind.

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 06, 2007, 07:22:29 AM
That's because you're blind.

Oh, I see it now.

Doors, headlights, wheels, hoods, windows....

Holy shit!  They're both cars!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=9975.msg497489#msg497489 date=1183728239
Oh, I see it now.

Doors, headlights, wheels, hoods, windows....

Holy shit!? They're both cars!
Actually, even though you are being sarcastic, you are actually pretty close.  The profile is the same, the headlights and headlight openings are the same, and the greenhouse shape is the same.  The Camaro is just a bigger Geo Storm.

Raza

I wasn't being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

They're clearly both cars.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ChrisV

I guess it would depend on the year. I love the '69 Camaro, but I've owned 3 '70 Mustangs, which were nearly the same as the '69s. I'd also take a '70 1/2-73 Camaro. I'm not a real fan of the '74-77 Camaro, due to the bumpers, but the '78-81s aren't too bad looking. Still, I could have so much fun with a Mustang II... I've built a couple big block early Fox Mustangs and the 5.0 notchbacks are way cool. So are IROCs for racing, regardless of their mullet reputation.

Face it, either way, the newer ones are relatively inexpensive platforms for going quickly, and have also been successful road racers and autocrossers for decades. I'd take a '66 Mustang with a modded 5.0, a '70 Mustang with a built big block, or a '69 Camaro with a DZ302 OR LS2...

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Onslaught

^^^^^^ Best  muscle car ever made in my book.

Raghavan

Camaro. I loved the new one in Transformers.
Though that mustang looked awesome too.

Soup DeVille

All I can say is this:

Virgins don't drive Camaros.

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CMan

It was tough, but I had to vote Camaro.

Late 80's to Early 90's Camaros...HAWT.

Quote from: Morris Minor on September 26, 2008, 08:43:28 AM
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.