New E92 M3 Not Hitting the Mark

Started by E46M3, July 09, 2007, 01:23:23 AM

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 09, 2007, 02:09:43 PM
BMW wouldn't sell any cars in the southern half of the country if they didn't include a/c. Heck, no one would sell any cars down here without a/c

Yes, as the 100 degree temperature and 100% humidity occur simultaneously up here today, I can confirm that the north does indeed get hot. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

sportyaccordy

Bleh...

While I definitely wouldn't want to drive my old car today, like, right now, I've had my own car since 2002, and this is the first summer I have A/C... ONLY because I have to drive 40 miles a day to work. Next year when I move home, I'll probably have a stripped down project car, strictly for driving purposes

1 BAD 7

Well said SJ and I agree 100% :ohyeah:

Every time a new BMW comes out people just cant stop talking about how the version their grandma used to drive was so much more pure...... :rolleyes:........it seriously gets old after a while.

They said the same thing when E65 7er, E60 5er, E92 3er, Z4, and E60 M5 & M6 came out. Now the same story with M3. Yet each of those new BMW's sold better then the previous generation and was overall a better more refined package and offered greater levels of overall performance.

As an owner of last generation E39 5er I never felt that my car is overall better then the newer 5er. As the new 5er is far more refined and offers greater amount of room not to mention better performance. Those were all the things that were causing E39 BMW 5er to lose to MB and Audi in comparisons.?

Now dont get me wrong I believe my E39 5er is bit raw or as they say pure then the E60 but the market demands that BMW still make sporty vehichles but with greater emphasis on luxury then before and that is a fact.

People that are buying BMW want a luxury sport vehicle and not some raw Lotus Elise.

I hope BMW does introduce the CSL version to USA to cure to desires of people that want more pure/raw feeling.?

Quote from: SJ_GTI on July 09, 2007, 08:33:15 AM
Its always fashionable to criticize a new vehicle and claim the previous generation was more "pure" and "direct." Especially when reviewing BMW's.

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com

TBR

Quote from: sportyaccordy on July 09, 2007, 02:38:52 PM
Bleh...

While I definitely wouldn't want to drive my old car today, like, right now, I've had my own car since 2002, and this is the first summer I have A/C... ONLY because I have to drive 40 miles a day to work. Next year when I move home, I'll probably have a stripped down project car, strictly for driving purposes

Lots of people here are in that same boat (Raza and I are anyway) and there is simply no way I am making my 30 minutes commute each day in a super hot car. I did it last year because I was poor and was driving something that already got crappy gas mileage, but never again will I. It really isn't even safe, considering how hot it can get.

the Teuton

After getting my new engine installed, the new AC compressor that was put in has no coolant in it and one of my windows isn't agreeing with me right now, but I still love the wind in my face and the music turned up loud.  Refinement is great, but not in a pure sports car where you want to feel the road, hear the revs, and have your senses working overtime as the adrenaline rushes through your blood.  Sports cars are meant to thrill, yet most sports cars are quieter now than any Buick was in the 1980s. 

You want cars to ride smoother, be quieter, have colder blowing dual climate control that can be programmed off of your voice-controlled navigation system.  That's all and good, but a sports car is supposed to thrill you and envelop you into the road, not isolate you from it.

On a side note, according to press notes, the STI, for instance, is quicker, lighter, cheaper, and far less isolated.  Why should any car with the word "sport" attached to its name weigh anywhere near 2 tons unless it's a full size sedan.  With the M3, we're still talking about a car with an EPA classification of "compact."  E30, 36, and yes, 46 FTW!
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raza

Quote from: 1 BAD 7 on July 09, 2007, 10:20:12 PM
Well said SJ and I agree 100% :ohyeah:

Every time a new BMW comes out people just cant stop talking about how the version their grandma used to drive was so much more pure...... :rolleyes:........it seriously gets old after a while.

They said the same thing when E65 7er, E60 5er, E92 3er, Z4, and E60 M5 & M6 came out. Now the same story with M3. Yet each of those new BMW's sold better then the previous generation and was overall a better more refined package and offered greater levels of overall performance.

As an owner of last generation E39 5er I never felt that my car is overall better then the newer 5er. As the new 5er is far more refined and offers greater amount of room not to mention better performance. Those were all the things that were causing E39 BMW 5er to lose to MB and Audi in comparisons. 

Now dont get me wrong I believe my E39 5er is bit raw or as they say pure then the E60 but the market demands that BMW still make sporty vehichles but with greater emphasis on luxury then before and that is a fact.

People that are buying BMW want a luxury sport vehicle and not some raw Lotus Elise.

I hope BMW does introduce the CSL version to USA to cure to desires of people that want more pure/raw feeling. 

Camry outsells all of them.  What does that mean?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: TBR on July 09, 2007, 10:43:04 PM
Lots of people here are in that same boat (Raza and I are anyway) and there is simply no way I am making my 30 minutes commute each day in a super hot car. I did it last year because I was poor and was driving something that already got crappy gas mileage, but never again will I. It really isn't even safe, considering how hot it can get.

On a day like today, I would drown.  In sweat. 

That's disgusting.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Lebowski

Quote from: TBR on July 09, 2007, 10:43:04 PM

I wouldn't even drive my 10 minute commute without A/C.  I can't live without A/C.

ChrisV

Quote from: Raza  on July 10, 2007, 04:09:35 AM
On a day like today, I would drown.  In sweat. 

That's disgusting.

Today we're toping 100 degrees with nearly 100% humidity. Miserable. I wouldn't drive the Fiat on a day like today.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Raza

Quote from: ChrisV on July 10, 2007, 06:53:09 AM
Today we're toping 100 degrees with nearly 100% humidity. Miserable. I wouldn't drive the Fiat on a day like today.

That's about our day here.  A few degrees cooler, though.  97-98. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ChrisV

Quote from: Raza  on July 10, 2007, 06:56:35 AM
That's about our day here.  A few degrees cooler, though.  97-98. 

yesterday I got in the BMW and it registered 103 outside, and never got under 102 on the way home. Today is supposed to be hotter. Damn. The Fiat would be like driving a blast furnace.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

SJ_GTI

In general I don't use the A/C when driving by myself. Last night on my drive home I just put the windows down and opened the sunroof.  :huh:

It was in the evening though, around 6:30ish. I think the temp gauge got down to about 86 degrees by the time I got back home.

Raza

Quote from: ChrisV on July 10, 2007, 06:57:46 AM
yesterday I got in the BMW and it registered 103 outside, and never got under 102 on the way home. Today is supposed to be hotter. Damn. The Fiat would be like driving a blast furnace.

When it gets that hot, I contemplate setting myself on fire just to cool down.  I mean, just fucking shoot me in the face.  Temps like that are torture for me.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

Quote from: JYODER240 on July 10, 2007, 08:49:21 AM
I'll take 105F over 45F anyday.

Freak. 

I'm comfortable between 25 and 75.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

1 BAD 7

Duh...... :rolleyes:......no joke huh.

I guess that tells the story pretty much what type of car consumers like these days. By the way why are you driving that comfy Porsche instead of more pure Lotus Elise. :huh:........it is easy to say you would like some thing real pure but then it is another to live day in and day out with it.

I think BMW makes very sporty flavor luxury cars. There is no other car maker at this time that overall matches them in that ability. The porsche makes nice roadsters and sports car but they dont have any sedans etc. to offer to buyers. The sucess of BMW is why we have Japanese copy cat in form of Infiniti. ;)

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10048.msg501765#msg501765 date=1184062120
Camry outsells all of them.? What does that mean?

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com

Champ

Quote from: JYODER240 on July 10, 2007, 08:56:41 AM
anything below 70F is too cold
Man you are in the wrong state that's for sure.

JYODER240

Champ

Quote from: JYODER240 on July 10, 2007, 09:02:13 AM
I know.
I just got back from Arizona where we stayed in Flagstaff, and the temps never got over 85.  Nighttime was around 65.  It was so perfect, sunny all the time and no humidity.  Then we went to Pheonix to fly out and it was around 110 and that was insane.  There is no way I could do that.

Raza

What the fuck is your problem?  I didn't even say anything bad about the fucking M3.  All I said was the Camry outsells them, implying that sales numbers don't mean fucking anything.  Don't bring my car into this and get fucking personal, because then you're going to get on my shitlist, and I'm going to stalk every fucking post you make on these forums and just insult you constantly until you go away.  Lexus outsells fucking BMW and Mercedes and Audi and Porsche, and that doesn't mean they're better cars.  They have a wider appeal.  They're softer. 

Here's some news, Kayani.  The vast majority of people don't fucking matter.  They're either idiots, badge whores, or something else that pisses me off.  So the influx of buyers to BMW are probably not coming from the enthusiast community, but they're badge whores who are happy about the newfound softness in BMWs. 

Don't fucking tell me that more sales means better cars.  If that's true, sell your 7 and buy a fucking Camry and an F150. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

1 BAD 7

Calm down dude and dont get too hyper for no reason.......I am gonna ignore your ignorant behavior of cursing for no apparent reason. It looks like you have lost your mind :confused:.

Oh and by the way I am really scared of your threats........ please dont do all those horrible things that you just mentioned you were gonna do to me :lol:

As for your claim that you never said anything bad about M3....LOL...did I say that you were talking bad about M3.....not once did I mention anything of that nature in my previous post. So stop making up stuff. :ohyeah:

If you are trying to prove that you love BMW's all of a suddent then it is not working on my as you are well known for your anti BMW parade of non stop BMW bashing and disliking every new BMW that comes out. ;)

As for your Camry thing I was agreeing with you that offcourse it outsells and for a good reason. Because that is what consumer wants. Not every house hold has a Lotus Elise parked outside the garage. The point that you dont seem to get is that people in general want a car that is sporty yet luxury and both those things dont go hand in hand and that is the reason I mentioned you drive a Porsche Boxster and not some Lotus Elise. Oh and neither do I because I am far more happy driving my 7er on daily basis then I would ever be with a more raw and pure car like Lotus Elsie.

Also for your info BMW 3 series and 5 series is the leading sales leader in its class and for a good reason. After all most people shoping in luxury car segment like the balance of luxury and sport they are currently offering.

As for your badge whore comment I agree that there are plenty of badge whores for all different makes including BMW, Porsche and others ;)

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10048.msg501954#msg501954 date=1184080077
What the fuck is your problem?? I didn't even say anything bad about the fucking M3.? All I said was the Camry outsells them, implying that sales numbers don't mean fucking anything.? Don't bring my car into this and get fucking personal, because then you're going to get on my shitlist, and I'm going to stalk every fucking post you make on these forums and just insult you constantly until you go away.? Lexus outsells fucking BMW and Mercedes and Audi and Porsche, and that doesn't mean they're better cars.? They have a wider appeal.? They're softer.?

Here's some news, Kayani.? The vast majority of people don't fucking matter.? They're either idiots, badge whores, or something else that pisses me off.? So the influx of buyers to BMW are probably not coming from the enthusiast community, but they're badge whores who are happy about the newfound softness in BMWs.?

Don't fucking tell me that more sales means better cars.? If that's true, sell your 7 and buy a fucking Camry and an F150.?

www.KayaniTravel.com

TheIntrepid

Quote from: 1 BAD 7 on July 10, 2007, 10:14:01 AM
As for your badge whore comment I agree that there are plenty of badge whores for all different makes including BMW, Porsche and others ;)

Raza isn't a Porsche whore ;) by any means. Sure, he's anti-BMW, but he's entitled to his opinion. My dad's anti-GM and Ford, and I don't give him TOO much shit for it. :huh:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Raza

You're not fucking getting it.  I didn't say the M3 was too soft.  I don't know if it is.  I mean, I could assume it's too soft, because it probably is, but I'm not the one saying it. 

You can continue to blindly follow BMW, but stay on the fucking topic.  Just because I say shit about BMW before doesn't mean you have to bring it up every time.  You're like a goddamn woman. 

And the Boxster is in no way soft.  Certainly not as harsh as an Elise, but not soft.  And again; don't go fucking bringing my personal shit into conversations that have nothing to do with them.  Stop being such a cunt.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

1 BAD 7

Did I take his name and say he was a Porsche whore ;)........NO......so why dont you stip pretending I said things that I didnot ;)

Also I never said he is not entitled to his opinion ;).....and as far as your dad goes I dont care if he is anti GM or Ford and not and how much shit you give him or not...... ;)

Quote from: TheIntrepid on July 10, 2007, 10:20:16 AM
Raza isn't a Porsche whore ;) by any means. Sure, he's anti-BMW, but he's entitled to his opinion. My dad's anti-GM and Ford, and I don't give him TOO much shit for it. :huh:

www.KayaniTravel.com

1 BAD 7

Once again I never said you were bad mouthing M3 in my post. I was responding to what you said in response to my post by bringing up an example of Camry. I agreed with you and told you that Camry out sells others in its class for a good reason. Not every one wants to drive pure/raw cars day in and day out.

As for me staying on topic I was on topic ........it was you who is foaming at mouth bringing up Camry in the talk of BMW M3. So why dont you follow your own advice and stay on topic and stop your constant BMW bashing and for god sake stop acting like you are some retard who is going bezerk while fomaing at mouth;).

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10048.msg502032#msg502032 date=1184084502
You're not fucking getting it.? I didn't say the M3 was too soft.? I don't know if it is.? I mean, I could assume it's too soft, because it probably is, but I'm not the one saying it.?

You can continue to blindly follow BMW, but stay on the fucking topic.? Just because I say shit about BMW before doesn't mean you have to bring it up every time.? You're like a goddamn woman.?

And the Boxster is in no way soft.? Certainly not as harsh as an Elise, but not soft.? And again; don't go fucking bringing my personal shit into conversations that have nothing to do with them.? Stop being such a cunt.

www.KayaniTravel.com

Raza

Quote from: 1 BAD 7 on July 10, 2007, 10:36:17 AM
Once again I never said you were bad mouthing M3 in my post. I was responding to what you said in response to my post by bringing up an example of Camry. I agreed with you and told you that Camry out sells others in its class for a good reason. Not every one wants to drive pure/raw cars day in and day out.

As for me staying on topic I was on topic ........it was you who is foaming at mouth bringing up Camry in the talk of BMW M3. So why dont you follow your own advice and stay on topic and stop your constant BMW bashing and for god sake stop acting like you are some retard who is going bezerk while fomaing at mouth;).

I haven't badmouthed BMW this whole thread.  I was just correcting you when you equated more sales to better cars. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

1 BAD 7

First of you need to understand that I never said more sales equate to  a better car. I was pointing out that there is greater demand for luxury now then ever before and that is the main reason why refinement and luxury has been taking priority over more raw and sporty flavor. I personaly believe that few car makers like BMW, Porsche, and Infiniti still do a better job then others at providing more involving and sporty flavor while providing decent amount of luxury.

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10048.msg502053#msg502053 date=1184085539
I haven't badmouthed BMW this whole thread.? I was just correcting you when you equated more sales to better cars.?

www.KayaniTravel.com

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10048.msg501934#msg501934 date=1184079204
Freak.?

I'm comfortable between 25 and 75.

you're the freak.

the coldest temp I've been exposed to was 19* and I would rather have set my hair on fire than to spend another minute in that temperature. I can deal with 100+ when I need to.

Tave

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 10, 2007, 11:52:15 AM
you're the freak.

the coldest temp I've been exposed to was 19* and I would rather have set my hair on fire than to spend another minute in that temperature. I can deal with 100+ when I need to.

19 is beautiful. That's a sweater and light jacket on the slopes.

The town I'm in right now goes from +100 to -30.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.