Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: August 01, 2007, 11:49:14 AM

SVT666

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CMan

Elise. If it wasn't in the comp, I'd pick the Corvette.
Quote from: Morris Minor on September 26, 2008, 08:43:28 AM
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.

SVT666

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Onslaught

This one is the most difficult for me. They are all kind of cool cars and it's hard not to pick a Elise or G35. It would come down to the RX-8 and MX-5 for me and even if the RX-8 is a great car I think the MX-5 is just more fun.
MX-5 for me.
I'm looking at this as the car I would buy. If it was going to be free  then my vote would change.

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TBR

RX-8, saw a nice green one today, that color looks real nice on the car imho. Hopefully my next, next car will be either a green RX-8 or a white Legacy GT.

Onslaught

Quote from: TBR on July 25, 2007, 11:07:10 PM
RX-8, saw a nice green one today, that color looks real nice on the car imho. Hopefully my next, next car will be either a green RX-8 or a white Legacy GT.
Don't think you can get that green one anymore. Not new anyway.

SVT666

I don't understand all the votes for the Elise.  Yes, it's probably the best track car on the planet that is also street legal, but try living with one.  The Vette is my pick because you can live with it everyday, it's brutally fast, handles like it's on rails, and is a beautiful car to look at.  The Mustang is my second choice.  If I was buying one of these cars, I would buy the Mustang (surprise, surprise).

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 26, 2007, 08:14:00 AM
I don't understand all the votes for the Elise.? Yes, it's probably the best track car on the planet that is also street legal, but try living with one.? The Vette is my pick because you can live with it everyday, it's brutally fast, handles like it's on rails, and is a beautiful car to look at.? The Mustang is my second choice.? If I was buying one of these cars, I would buy the Mustang (surprise, surprise).

Living with one wouldn't be too bad.  It's not roomy, but it's comfortable enough, and you lose a lot of trunk space, but there's enough for some stuff.  We have a member who uses one as his daily driver. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

If I can drive a Suzuki Samurai daily without suffering severe emotional or physical distress, I would assume driving an Elise daily would be no different.
Oh, and I vote for MX5
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10326.msg519819#msg519819 date=1185460468
Living with one wouldn't be too bad.? It's not roomy, but it's comfortable enough, and you lose a lot of trunk space, but there's enough for some stuff.? We have a member who uses one as his daily driver.?
Even as a single guy I doubt I would have been able to use it as a daily driver.

JYODER240

I could drive an Elise daily. The most I ever carry are golf clubs and I could put those in the passenger seat.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 26, 2007, 09:12:26 AM
Even as a single guy I doubt I would have been able to use it as a daily driver.

As an only car, it would be a stretch, but I think it's usable as a daily driver. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Eye of the Tiger

Some people use bikes as daily drivers. The Elise is at least more convenient than a bike.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

G35 for me.  I guess I'm just biased 'cause there's one on my family, but it really is a liveable car.  It's luxurious, 4 people can comfortably ride in it, and it's fast. 

My second choice would have been the 'Vette, but I figured since I voted for it in the 50k+ competition (Z06), I'd go for something else here.

And why is everyone voting for the Elise?!  That's a pathetic daily car compared to these other choices...  :huh:

SVT666

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 26, 2007, 11:16:25 AM
And why is everyone voting for the Elise?!? That's a pathetic daily car compared to these other choices...? :huh:
Thank you. :praise:

Raza

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 26, 2007, 11:16:25 AM
G35 for me.? I guess I'm just biased 'cause there's one on my family, but it really is a liveable car.? It's luxurious, 4 people can comfortably ride in it, and it's fast.?

My second choice would have been the 'Vette, but I figured since I voted for it in the 50k+ competition (Z06), I'd go for something else here.

And why is everyone voting for the Elise?!? That's a pathetic daily car compared to these other choices...? :huh:

Is this the "Which is the best Sports Coupe/Vert under 50K for daily driving only and nothing other than practicality should be considered" award?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10326.msg520069#msg520069 date=1185478115
Is this the "Which is the best Sports Coupe/Vert under 50K for daily driving only and nothing other than practicality should be considered" award?
Yes. :P

Onslaught

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 26, 2007, 09:12:26 AM
I could easily. I can put my food or other things in the passenger seat. Other than that I need no more room.

SVT666

I guarantee a hockey stick wouldn't fit. :lol:

Onslaught

Could with the top down. And it wouldn't fit that great in a Corvette or Mustang too.

SVT666

Quote from: Onslaught on July 26, 2007, 03:26:42 PM
And it wouldn't fit that great in a Corvette or Mustang too.
Wanna bet?  I see it all the time.  I used to do it all the time with my Mustang.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Raza  on July 26, 2007, 01:28:35 PM

I noted the fact that it's fast. :huh:

Onslaught

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 26, 2007, 03:27:55 PM
Wanna bet?? I see it all the time.? I used to do it all the time with my Mustang.
Our definitions of "that great" must be different. Not one of these cars are very practical. But that's a good thing.
Hockey sucks anyway.  :lol:

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

goldenlover1101

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

SVT666