Ford F-Series
11 (29.7%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: August 01, 2007, 11:52:22 AM

SVT666

omicron

CMan

Quote from: Morris Minor on September 26, 2008, 08:43:28 AM
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.

SVT666

VetteZ06

Silverado and Sierra, with a slight preference for the Sierra.

Vinsanity

I guess I'm just weird, but I prefer the Avalanche over the Silverado :mask:

Raghavan

Raghavan

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Cobra93

Dodge quit making trucks?  :confused:

Onslaught

Toyota Tacoma for me. It's a good looking truck that's all the size I'll ever need.

SVT666

Quote from: Cobra93 on July 25, 2007, 03:38:13 PM
Dodge quit making trucks?? :confused:
Not nominated.  I would have nominated them, but only two of us would have voted for them. :(

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TBR

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 25, 2007, 07:37:23 PM
Not nominated.  I would have nominated them, but only two of us would have voted for them. :(

Depending on which way the wind was blowing I might have.

My opinion about these trucks changes very frequently, they are all that good. If Ford would get their act together and put a decent powertrain in the F-150 it would be my vote, but since they haven't I voted for the Sierra. They are all excellent, except for the Ridgeline (obviously).

goldenlover1101

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

vanquish

GO CHEVY SILVERADO.

(my family has two, and for a truck they are pretty sexy)

Raghavan

Is the Toyota Hilux basically a Tacoma? Because after seeing that Top Gear Polar special, i kind of want to change my vote to a Tacoma if it really is a Hilux.

cawimmer430

Voted for the Ford F-Series.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

MexicoCityM3

Voted GM out of.....I have no idea.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Damn why aren't the Imports getting any love?

vanquish

Quote from: 565 on July 31, 2007, 11:35:18 PM

hehe, because they haven't proven themselves in the truck world yet. a horse-towin' barnyard girl like me wouldn't quite feel right towing a 23 foot gooseneck trailer around with a nissan when she knows the chevy has all the guts necessary. when i have the money to buy two equivalent trucks, one import, one american, i'll let you know which one hauls better ass.

Vinsanity

Quote from: vanquish on August 01, 2007, 10:58:58 AM
hehe, because they haven't proven themselves in the truck world yet. a horse-towin' barnyard girl like me wouldn't quite feel right towing a 23 foot gooseneck trailer around with a nissan when she knows the chevy has all the guts necessary. when i have the money to buy two equivalent trucks, one import, one american, i'll let you know which one hauls better ass.

I thought that's why you test drive them before you buy them :huh:

The Pirate

Quote from: vanquish on August 01, 2007, 10:58:58 AM

In half ton models for medium duty towing, I'm sure they are all comparable, and up to the task.  Anything more than that, I'd rather have a 3/4 ton or 1 ton, which limits it to the American makes.

A Nissan Titan should tow a regular horse trailer as well as a Silverado would, assuming both are equipped similarly.  Also assuming that the Titan doesn't blow it's rear diff.  :lol:
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

GoCougs

Quote from: 565 on July 31, 2007, 11:35:18 PM

Very curious considering that the Tundra out-towed the domestic 3/4-ton diesels as noted in the CR truck thread...

TBR

What now?

"There's more to towing prowess than just 0-60 acceleration"

That is from one of your posts in CR thread, clearly you're confused since the only data shown is for acceleration and gas mileage and the 3/4 tons all beat the Tundra in mileage. Also, we don't know how the trucks were equipped, gearing can make a huge difference as can transmission. Look at the fuel economy numbers, the Ram 2500 and Silverado 2500 are both up on the Tundra 1.5 mpg with what is a relatively light weight trailer for either one of those trucks.

GoCougs

Quote from: TBR on August 07, 2007, 11:42:27 AM
What now?

"There's more to towing prowess than just 0-60 acceleration"

That is from one of your posts in CR thread, clearly you're confused since the only data shown is for acceleration and gas mileage and the 3/4 tons all beat the Tundra in mileage. Also, we don't know how the trucks were equipped, gearing can make a huge difference as can transmission. Look at the fuel economy numbers, the Ram 2500 and Silverado 2500 are both up on the Tundra 1.5 mpg with what is a relatively light weight trailer for either one of those trucks.

Sure's there's more to towing, but "What now" is that Tundra out-towed the diesel domestics.

As 565 stated in the other thread, the domestics are left to bragging about ride and bed bolt size.

Had the reverse situation been true it would have been merciless.

TBR

No it didn't, it barely outaccelerated them while sucking a lot more fuel. That does not equal out towing, as you actually said! You're so biased it is unreal. The Tundra's powertrain is good, but in other ways the competition is better. Besides, do we really need pick-ups that can do 0-60 in under 7 seconds? (I said the same thing about the Titan, a truck I am a big fan of).

Quote from: TBR on August 07, 2007, 12:03:50 PM
Besides, do we really need pick-ups that can do 0-60 in under 7 seconds?

Yes.

The answer to any question that goes something like "do we need _____ to do 0-60 in under ____ seconds" is always Hellz Yes.  :lol:

omicron

Quote from: 565 on August 07, 2007, 12:07:13 PM
Yes.

The answer to any question that goes something like "do we need Wimmer to do 0-60 nuns in under 64.2 seconds" is always Hellz Yes. :lol:

Oh?

GoCougs

Quote from: TBR on August 07, 2007, 12:03:50 PM
No it didn't, it barely outaccelerated them while sucking a lot more fuel. That does not equal out towing, as you actually said! You're so biased it is unreal. The Tundra's powertrain is good, but in other ways the competition is better. Besides, do we really need pick-ups that can do 0-60 in under 7 seconds? (I said the same thing about the Titan, a truck I am a big fan of).

You clearly know what when I stated out-towed I was referring to towing acceleration, especially since you have the astute memory to recall that I spoke to this notion (that acceleration isn't the be-all of towing) in a thread from a week ago.

And why not the fast accelerating pickup, if it doesn't cost any more and gets as good or better mileage than the competition?