What's everybody's future plan for their car(s)?

Started by Secret Chimp, August 12, 2007, 10:10:43 PM

the Teuton

Quote from: J86 on August 13, 2007, 08:53:08 AM
1. Install trailer hitch on the Accord.

2. Drive car until it dies (probably not too far off)

3. Buy 90s Saab, rinse and repeat.

You bought an Accord?  I'm not sure I can be CarSPIN friends with you anymore.  :lol:
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

J86

Quote from: the Teuton on August 13, 2007, 10:17:44 AM
You bought an Accord?  I'm not sure I can be CarSPIN friends with you anymore.  :lol:

Haha, it's the car I drove in high school.  My family's third car...when I went off to college my little brother took it, he's headed overseas in the fall so I'm taking it back.  Makes sense, because not only do I not have to buy my own car, I'll probably be able to scam not paying my insurance as well...

the Teuton

Quote from: J86 on August 13, 2007, 10:52:42 AM
Haha, it's the car I drove in high school.  My family's third car...when I went off to college my little brother took it, he's headed overseas in the fall so I'm taking it back.  Makes sense, because not only do I not have to buy my own car, I'll probably be able to scam not paying my insurance as well...

Cheapskates in arms!  I'll let it slide.  :P

Can you really tow a boat with an Accord, though?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

J86

Quote from: the Teuton on August 13, 2007, 10:58:12 AM
Cheapskates in arms!  I'll let it slide.  :P

Can you really tow a boat with an Accord, though?

Well I towed it with a fwd Subaru that was three years older....it's gonna be interesting :lol:

FlatBlackCaddy

The 300ZX.

Intalling as we speak
-Upgraded intercoolers(2)
-Specialty Z 2.5" Split down pipes
-Stillen short throw shifter
Future plans
-Drive it more
-Try and squeeze a few more ponies out of it, i'd like to hit a nice round number of 500HP and be done.
Long term
-i'll probobly pull the motor and do a mild rebuild, slap on some larger turbo's and end up in
the 600-700HP neighborhood.

The EVO
I'm on the fence, i'll either do nothing to it, or
goto buschur racing and spend some money.
-Downpipe, and exhaust, a manual boost controller and a tune will put me in the
290-320WHP range. Which should be good for sub 4 second 0-60 blasts.

Champ

I did on Friday:
Oil change on the bike, lubed the chain.
I think I need to have the carbs adjusted?  It backfires some on decceleration.  Never owned anything with carbs before.

I just did last night:
Oil change
Fixed my broken fog light (rock broke the glass, $170 for a new one, ouch!)
New front rotors, pads (Akebono Euro ceramics no dust!) and all new synthetic brake fluid.
Wash.

Need to do:
Ride the bike to work!
Install my new Intercooler that is taking up space in my room by next wednesday (my race day in Michigan at Waterford Hills Raceway).

S204STi

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on August 13, 2007, 11:50:57 AM
The 300ZX.

Intalling as we speak
-Upgraded intercoolers(2)
-Specialty Z 2.5" Split down pipes
-Stillen short throw shifter
Future plans
-Drive it more
-Try and squeeze a few more ponies out of it, i'd like to hit a nice round number of 500HP and be done.
Long term
-i'll probobly pull the motor and do a mild rebuild, slap on some larger turbo's and end up in
the 600-700HP neighborhood.

The EVO
I'm on the fence, i'll either do nothing to it, or
goto buschur racing and spend some money.
-Downpipe, and exhaust, a manual boost controller and a tune will put me in the
290-320WHP range. Which should be good for sub 4 second 0-60 blasts.

Buschur Racing seems to have a very good rep in the Subaru community as well.  I like them.

Onslaught

Go cart

Get running again!

MX-5 (other Go Cart)

LSD
Turbo. If not then try and get some more power out of the asmatic Hamster motor with a better intake.
Leather up the Interior.
New headrest speakers
Make a iPod holder in the center arm rest that looks "factory"
And in a few years take it all apart and repaint the whole car and rebuild it.

Danish

Short term:
New headlights (possibly Xenons)
Wax/Detail entire car
Possibly new head unit/speakers/amplifier/cd changer

Long Term:
Sunami Turbo
NoS stickers
Spinner Hubcaps
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

r0tor

Quote from: Secret Chimp on August 12, 2007, 10:10:43 PM
Having done my first real performance upgrade on my car with my new Ecstas, I've been inspired to put some other things on the list along with general maintenance down the line.
What is everybody else planning to do in terms of parts, tools and tweaks in the near or distant future? Here's what I've thought up so far:
1. Replace cap and rotor

3. Replace my brake rotors

might i offer you a suggestion for a couple more rotors?  :tounge:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

The Bartender

1993 Jeep Cherokee (210,000 miles)

Mild lift (2-3") so I can get slightly better off road tires under it.  Due to the age and mileage and the fact that this is still my primary personal car, I don't want to go real radical with the lift.

Overall cleaning and "spruce" up, new seals on some of the windows, replace some damaged or ripped off moldings, clean up some minor rust spots and fix a few minor dings and dents.

Winch

Add some !@#$%& to hooks.  I can't believe that a vehicle intended for off roading doesn't have tow hooks, especially a uni-body vehicle.

1986 Pontiac Grand Prix

Find someone who needs a car for cheap, basic transportation.  Sell car to them for $500 or so.

2005 Chevrolet Malibu. (Company lease car)

Drive until it has 75,000 miles on it, then let GEICO give me a replacement.  Hopefully said replacement will be a similar size car.
Wastin' Away Again in Margaritaville!
#3 #8 #15 #29

3.0L V6

1998 Saturn SC!

Oil Change
Clean car thoroughly

1998 Dodge Caravan

Pray it doesn't break
Get new tire to replace one that blew out today

S204STi

Oh, I would to add, replace 3-4 syncronizer baulk ring. :(

J86

Trailer hitch is installed!  This thread inspired me and I needed something to do on my day off...it's all bolted in, now I just need to tap into the taillights for a bit 'o wiring.  I can't wait to compare this cars towing abilities to the Subarus...

God, I need to get a truck

Secret Chimp

Quote from: r0tor on August 13, 2007, 05:35:18 PM
might i offer you a suggestion for a couple more rotors?? :tounge:

Why if they come packaged inside of a nice four-wheeled 6-speed aerodynamic gift box box, certainly!

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

USA_Idol

For my Focus:

First thing is to get an oil change done.? It's been 4000 miles since the last.? Yeah, they say 5000 miles, but I generally change it every 3000 to be safe.? I've let it go this time for some reason.

Next thing is to get rid of the cruddy Toyo Spectrum P195/60R15 tires.? Touring tires do NOT enhance the handling of the Focus, I've learned.? They squeal...loudly...about half a mile before I get to the curve in the road.

I need a good set of all-season performance tires...same size as the Toyo Spectrum's.?

Secret Chimp

Quote from: USA_Idol on August 13, 2007, 07:41:05 PM
For my Focus:

First thing is to get an oil change done.? It's been 4000 miles since the last.? Yeah, they say 5000 miles, but I generally change it every 3000 to be safe.? I've let it go this time for some reason.

Next thing is to get rid of the cruddy Toyo Spectrum P195/60R15 tires.? Touring tires do NOT enhance the handling of the Focus, I've learned.? They squeal...loudly...about half a mile before I get to the curve in the road.

I need a good set of all-season performance tires...same size as the Toyo Spectrum's.?

Kumho Ecsta ASX's. You can get them in your size for just a tick over $200 from the Tire Rack. My car doesn't even have a proper swaybar setup and they've added what feels like over a full tenth to my lateral g limit.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

the Teuton

JYODER240

Quote from: the Teuton on August 13, 2007, 08:35:35 PM
What's the current whip then?

mommys caddy

I never gone so much as a day without driving my Z, these 3 days are going to be tough.

the Teuton

Quote from: JYODER240 on August 13, 2007, 08:36:55 PM
mommys caddy

I never gone so much as a day without driving my Z, these 3 days are going to be tough.

It's all good.  You get to drive a Cadillac (not a bad thing).  Just be careful because the body shop might orange peel the hell out of your paint.

JYODER240

Quote from: the Teuton on August 13, 2007, 08:40:43 PM
It's all good.? You get to drive a Cadillac (not a bad thing).? Just be careful because the body shop might orange peel the hell out of your paint.

The STS is very nice but it feels soft, lazy, and isolated compared to mine.

I searched around and almost everyone I talked to said Akron Auto Body does the best quality work so i'm going to them. I also made it very clear how picky I am about my car.

the Teuton

Quote from: JYODER240 on August 13, 2007, 08:43:42 PM
The STS is very nice but it feels soft, lazy, and isolated compared to mine.

I searched around and almost everyone I talked to said Akron Auto Body does the best quality work so i'm going to them. I also made it very clear how picky I am about my car.

Good, because I could imagine how angry you'd get if someone screwed up on that car.   :lol:

SaltyDog

Looks like I might be off from work tomorrow, so if I can I'll repack the wheel bearings and see how the brakes look.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

saxonyron

A4:  38,000 miles and needs new shoes.  Looking at Yoko Avid V4S's - had great luck on my A6 with those, or maybe the same Goodyear LS's. 

Expediter:   Hmmmmmm.   :huh:  Nuthin.  All is well.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

93JC

Quote from: TBR on August 13, 2007, 08:15:06 AM
"- general tune up; plugs, distributor cap, filters, check hoses, check belts, chassis lube"

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just replace the whole car? :devil:

:confused:

You're going to have to explain this one for me, Tim. Perhaps cars in Texas are worth only $70, but here they're quite expensive.

93JC

Quote from: The Bartender on August 13, 2007, 05:48:16 PM
1993 Jeep Cherokee (210,000 miles)

Add some !@#$%& to hooks.? I can't believe that a vehicle intended for off roading doesn't have tow hooks, especially a uni-body vehicle.

:wtf:  :confused:

Mine has three: two in front, one in back. Came that way from the factory.  :huh:

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

the Teuton

New plan:  I think I'm going to take out the front CV axles and convert my car to RWD.  :lol:

The Pirate

Haha, my Protege even has tow hooks as well.  It's got two in the front, and one in the center back.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.