What's everybody's future plan for their car(s)?

Started by Secret Chimp, August 12, 2007, 10:10:43 PM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on August 14, 2007, 01:09:37 PM
New plan:? I think I'm going to take out the front CV axles and convert my car to RWD.? :lol:

:nono:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

the Teuton

Quote from: NACar on August 14, 2007, 01:12:43 PM
:nono:

Being a wagon, it already has near 50/50 weight distribution.  That, and my car will be the shizzle because it's RWD...for the approximately 100 miles before the transmission gives out.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on August 14, 2007, 01:16:09 PM
Being a wagon, it already has near 50/50 weight distribution.? That, and my car will be the shizzle because it's RWD...for the approximately 100 miles before the transmission gives out.

Oh. Okay then. As long as it's SHIZZZITE!!!!!

the Teuton

Quote from: NACar on August 14, 2007, 01:16:46 PM
Oh. Okay then. As long as it's SHIZZZITE!!!!!

I'll try, gangsta, but I'm not sure I can promise 3 Zs.  It's gonna be a little tough.  Maybe the gods of VTEC will help me if I put one of their symbolic ritual stickers on the side of my car, or I might get more security and power if I just get a Type R sticker.

Making it the SHIZZZITE will most certainly be a challenge.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raghavan

Quote from: the Teuton on August 14, 2007, 01:16:09 PM
Being a wagon, it already has near 50/50 weight distribution.  That, and my car will be the shizzle because it's RWD...for the approximately 100 miles before the transmission gives out.
When the transmission asplodes, you're putting a MT in it, right?

Me:
Long Term: Buy a bike next summer.

Car: Nothing. :lol:

the Teuton

Quote from: Raghavan on August 14, 2007, 01:27:02 PM
When the transmission asplodes, you're putting a MT in it, right?

Me:
Long Term: Buy a bike next summer.

Car: Nothing. :lol:

To be very honest, when the transmission explodes in probably about 50,000 miles, I'll hopefully have another car in good enough condition that I can save up for my Subie for a while (kinda hoping my car makes it through grad school with me).  The 6 speed manual costs a ton of money, but it is physically shorter than the 5 speed, so it matches up exactly with the automatic driveshaft. 

Yeah, when the time comes, I'm going to dump waaaayyyy too much money in what will be a 20 year old car because it's lighter than any American WRX by at least 500 lbs. and it's a great platform to start with.

There's a company called East Coast Swappers based in Massachusetts (they do have a website) that swaps new engines and transmissions into old Subarus.  For about $10,000, I could have a wagon that will out accelerate any stock STI, much less most Corvettes.  I just wish college wasn't so expensive.  That, quite honestly, is one of my goals.

SaltyDog

I bought a metric socket set so I could take my calipers off to acces the wheel bearings and guess what?  I need a 15mm which is strangely missing.  It goes "9,10,11,12,13,14,16,17"  WTF?

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: SaltyDog on August 14, 2007, 03:11:09 PM
I bought a metric socket set so I could take my calipers off to acces the wheel bearings and guess what?? I need a 15mm which is strangely missing.? It goes "9,10,11,12,13,14,16,17"? WTF?

I think they do that because 15mm is the same as 9/16

SaltyDog

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: M_power on August 14, 2007, 03:22:00 PM
n1ck with his rare moment of intelligence

d00d, you say that all the time, except when you're calling me a fatt3h.

TBR

What's this, actually knowing before hand what socket should be used instead of doing the trial and error method. Sounds like somebody actually has a repair manual.

SVT_Power

Quote from: NACar on August 14, 2007, 03:23:35 PM
d00d, you say that all the time, except when you're calling me a fatt3h.

shut 1t fatt3h
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

the Teuton

Eye of the Tiger

the Teuton

Quote from: NACar on August 14, 2007, 10:13:32 PM
If he just puts a Flowmaster on that bitch, he'll be pimpin  :lol:

I'm not usually an SUV person unless the SUV actually is used for what it was meant to do.

Danish

Quote from: the Teuton on August 14, 2007, 10:37:51 PM
I'm not usually an SUV person unless the SUV actually is used for what it was meant to do.

Believe me, its been off road :lol:
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

ro51092

Plans:
A4:
-Return it and attempt to buy a 987
-Buy an E30 on the side and autocross it. Hell, put an S52 in it.

SVT_Power

the Teuton

Quote from: M_power on August 14, 2007, 10:45:03 PM
:lol:

Just remember, don't call your parents at 4 a.m. and tell them you got stuck on an ATV trail out in the middle of the woods and the car is completely flooded.  While memorable, it isn't exactly fun.

SVT_Power

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on August 14, 2007, 10:55:03 PM
Just remember, don't call your parents at 4 a.m. and tell them you got stuck on an ATV trail out in the middle of the woods and the car is completely flooded.? While memorable, it isn't exactly fun.

It's fun as long as you have another 4x4 friend to call instead of your parents. It's even more fun as long as you don't run out of beer.  :praise:

the Teuton

Quote from: NACar on August 14, 2007, 10:59:05 PM
It's fun as long as you have another 4x4 friend to call instead of your parents. It's even more fun as long as you don't run out of beer.  :praise:

We had to get a modified F-350 to pull the Jeep out after a failed attempt by both a Wrangler and a Ram 3500.  There was so much force (estimated 20,000 lbs.) that was used that the chain snapped, breaking both front and rear windows. 

Yeah, beer probably would have helped, but I didn't touch alcohol in high school, so it's a moot point.

SVT_Power

Quote from: the Teuton on August 14, 2007, 11:09:43 PM
I didn't touch alcohol in high school

you hit puberty a bit late?

(or judging from your height, you never might have  :evildude: )

the Teuton

Quote from: M_power on August 14, 2007, 11:12:33 PM
you hit puberty a bit late?

(or judging from your height, you never might have  :evildude: )

Go perform painful, unnatural acts upon yourself.   :evildude:  And last I remember, you're only 5'8".  While I may be this height for the rest of my life, I have learned to accept it.  Plus, I'm the perfect build for something like an Elise if the opportunity ever arises.

SVT_Power

Quote from: the Teuton on August 14, 2007, 11:15:16 PM
Go perform painful, unnatural acts upon yourself.   :evildude:  And last I remember, you're only 5'8".  While I may be this height for the rest of my life, I have learned to accept it.  Plus, I'm the perfect build for something like an Elise if the opportunity ever arises.

yeah but i'm asian you're white so you should be taller  :evildude:

but i agree on fitting into smaller cars  :rockon:

the Teuton

Quote from: M_power on August 14, 2007, 11:17:03 PM
yeah but i'm asian you're white so you should be taller  :evildude:

but i agree on fitting into smaller cars  :rockon:

Now you're pulling the race card.  Oh shit... :P

SVT_Power

heelntoe

Quote from: the Teuton on August 14, 2007, 11:09:43 PM
We had to get a modified F-350 to pull the Jeep out after a failed attempt by both a Wrangler and a Ram 3500.  There was so much force (estimated 20,000 lbs.) that was used that the chain snapped, breaking both front and rear windows. 

Yeah, beer probably would have helped, but I didn't touch alcohol in high school, so it's a moot point.
we got stuck on the beach once. but then we just switched to 4 hi. :lol: (this was in a defender BTW)
i wish i could go on trails though.
@heelntoe

heelntoe

@heelntoe