3 (7.7%)
Honda Civic Si Sedan - $23,190
7 (17.9%)
Mazdaspeed3 GT - $24,700
14 (35.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10852.msg553485#msg553485 date=1188422522
These are specifically the new cars I'm considering.? When I suss out which used cars I want to consider, I'll make a used car for that.?
When you do, make sure you include my 2000 Pontiac Sunfire GT on your list.  35 mpg is what I've been averaging.

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on August 29, 2007, 05:21:42 PM
When you do, make sure you include my 2000 Pontiac Sunfire GT on your list.  35 mpg is what I've been averaging.

You got that running again?  Cool.

Sadly, though, I won't be adding it to my list.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

The Pirate

Quote from: HEMI666 on August 29, 2007, 05:21:42 PM

That's great!  A tick better than what the Protege will get.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

sandertheshark

Quote from: HEMI666 on August 29, 2007, 05:20:41 PM
They have excellent resale value so I can't imagine it being more then about $11,000 a month.  You better buy Lease Insurance through the dealership though in case their is excessive wear and tear.
Good point.  How much do you plan on taking surface-to-air missile fire, Raza?

Raza

Quote from: sandertheshark on August 29, 2007, 06:06:02 PM

Well, work is on the Wilmington-Claymont border, so, yes.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Minpin

Quote from: sandertheshark on August 29, 2007, 06:06:02 PM

I'd be less concerned about SAM's than about AMRAAM's. Although I'd prefer to not enter either of them but you just can't have everything. But my personal choice here would easily be the F-35. That way there really IS the possibility of driving it to work. You could just park it on the top floor of any parking garage. The other cars could park under your wings.  :lol:
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Submariner

Quote from: Minpin on August 29, 2007, 08:28:54 PM
I'd be less concerned about SAM's than about AMRAAM's. Although I'd prefer to not enter either of them but you just can't have everything. But my personal choice here would easily be the F-35. That way there really IS the possibility of driving it to work. You could just park it on the top floor of any parking garage. The other cars could park under your wings.  :lol:

Yeah, but It likely doesn't have the air superiority capibilities of the F-22.  What happens if you cut off a SU-37 on the way to work?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Minpin

Quote from: Submariner on August 29, 2007, 08:39:11 PM
Yeah, but It likely doesn't have the air superiority capibilities of the F-22.  What happens if you cut off a SU-37 on the way to work?

You saying the F-35 couldn't take some measly Su-37? Puuuhhhlease. And just where are you gonna land you're preciouse F-22? You need lots of room to land where as my far superior F-35 can use it's VTOL to land virtually wherever. You lose.  :praise: :lol:

SVT_Power

or if he has difficulties parking the thing, get a harrier
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

ifcar

Quote from: M_power on August 29, 2007, 10:27:23 PM
or if he has difficulties parking the thing, get a harrier

SVT666

Quote from: Minpin on August 29, 2007, 08:59:21 PM
You saying the F-35 couldn't take some measly Su-37? Puuuhhhlease. And just where are you gonna land you're preciouse F-22? You need lots of room to land where as my far superior F-35 can use it's VTOL to land virtually wherever. You lose.? :praise: :lol:
None of the articles I have read say anything about VTOL.  The F-35 in Die Hard isn't even real.

Submariner

Quote from: HEMI666 on August 30, 2007, 07:41:11 AM
None of the articles I have read say anything about VTOL.  The F-35 in Die Hard isn't even real.

Last time I checked, It has VTOL. 

I've also heard rumors about future reiterations of the F-22 with it, but those have been few and far between.

nickdrinkwater

What about a MINI Cooper?

heelntoe

Quote from: Raza  on August 29, 2007, 12:55:20 PM
I took a look at the 2008s, and other than the power bump, there are no obvious changes, other than a roughly $400 increase in price (that's why I have an approximate price up there; I priced an 07 and added $400). 

But the thing is that it's creeping ever so closely to the CSi's price.  Now, neither are turbocharged (which I'd rather have over NA), but the CSi is a revver, which I like.  The biggest things holding me back from the CSi are the looks, the interior, and the practicality.  I've done with a sedan for the past 5 years, but never quite so small.  As it stands, the Passat is the most practical car I (or anyone in my family) have access to on a regular basis, so the idea of replacing it with a physically smaller, yet more practical car is appealing.  I'll have to drive the CSi and Rabbit back to back to see if it's worth it.  Also, if they want me to pay a premium on the CSi, I'll promptly tell them to go fuck themselves. 
ah. can't go wrong wither way. i'm a bit biased against honda though because of the arrogant dealers that i've been to.
@heelntoe

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SVT_Power

You saying the F-35 couldn't take some measly Su-37? Puuuhhhlease. And just where are you gonna land you're preciouse F-22? You need lots of room to land where as my far superior F-35 can use it's VTOL to land virtually wherever. You lose.  :praise: :lol:

"The first major film appearance of an F-35B was in Live Free or Die Hard (released as Die Hard 4.0 or Die Hard 4 outside North America) in 2007. The film used a combination of a full-scale model and CGI[54][55] to dramatize its hovering ability using the lift fan."
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

actually further reading said the F-35 is gonna replace the Harrier jump jets so...it's possible that the F-35 does possess VTOL capabilities?

Onslaught

My understanding is that the Marine  F-35B version  will have short take off and vertical landing and replace the AV-8B.
Here is a little info on wikipedia.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-35_Lightning_II

I remember seeing a show about the competition between the X-32 and the F-35 and they both had it tested just for that.

SVT_Power

Okay the F-35 is a STOVL plane.

"STOVL is an acronym for Short Take Off and Vertical Landing.

This is the ability of some aircraft to take off from a short runway or take off vertically if it does not have a very heavy payload and land vertically (i.e. with no runway). The formal NATO definition (since 1991) is:

A Short Take-Off and Vertical Landing aircraft (a?ronef ? d?collage court et atterrissage vertical) is a fixed-wing aircraft capable of clearing a 15 m (50 ft) obstacle within 450 m (1500 ft) of commencing take-off run, and capable of landing vertically. "

Onslaught

I think only one version will be like this if I remember correctly. I don't think the Air Force or Navy one will have it. I could be wrong but it's never happened before. :lol:

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

nickdrinkwater

Champ

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on August 30, 2007, 03:23:46 PM
Maybe a used A4 then?
This is the new car thread, the used car thread will come later and most likely be a clusterfuck!

Raza

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on August 30, 2007, 03:23:46 PM
Maybe a used A4 then?

Champ is right, but the A4 is not on the list.  It's AWD and doesn't get good enough gas mileage; for a car to go under my floor, it has to be really special.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Eye of the Tiger

Hyundai Accent hatchback.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Minpin

Quote from: HEMI666 on August 30, 2007, 07:41:11 AM

Quote from: M_power on August 30, 2007, 11:12:34 AM
"The first major film appearance of an F-35B was in Live Free or Die Hard (released as Die Hard 4.0 or Die Hard 4 outside North America) in 2007. The film used a combination of a full-scale model and CGI[54][55] to dramatize its hovering ability using the lift fan."

:lol: :lol: You guys thought I was referring to some shitty hollywood crap? Please I actually love airplanes and love reading about them OF COURSE it has vertical take off. Please do not base your facts off of hollywood.

Quote from: M_power on August 30, 2007, 11:25:07 AM
Okay the F-35 is a STOVL plane.

"STOVL is an acronym for Short Take Off and Vertical Landing.

This is the ability of some aircraft to take off from a short runway or take off vertically if it does not have a very heavy payload and land vertically (i.e. with no runway). The formal NATO definition (since 1991) is:

A Short Take-Off and Vertical Landing aircraft (a?ronef ? d?collage court et atterrissage vertical) is a fixed-wing aircraft capable of clearing a 15 m (50 ft) obstacle within 450 m (1500 ft) of commencing take-off run, and capable of landing vertically. "

At least YOU corrected yourself. I'm waiting Hemi.  :lol:

The cool thing about the F-35 is it's the first of it's kind in the the main engine is waht points downward not the silly small ones like in the harrier. It's a beautiful plane. I'm disappointed you guys doubted my plane knowledge.  :devil:

:wub: :wub:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raza  on August 30, 2007, 03:37:31 PM
Champ is right, but the A4 is not on the list.  It's AWD and doesn't get good enough gas mileage; for a car to go under my floor, it has to be really special.

FWD A4? You're considering all FWD-ers, so why not? :huh:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Champ

Quote from: TheIntrepid on August 30, 2007, 04:19:04 PM
FWD A4? You're considering all FWD-ers, so why not? :huh:
Audi's draw is AWD.

sandertheshark

You saying the F-35 couldn't take some measly Su-37?
Uh, I'd take the Su-37 in that one.  That's one damn serious superfighter.  http://www.milavia.net/aircraft/su-37/su-37_specs.htm

Submariner

Quote from: sandertheshark on August 30, 2007, 05:17:47 PM
Uh, I'd take the Su-37 in that one.  That's one damn serious superfighter.  http://www.milavia.net/aircraft/su-37/su-37_specs.htm

The F-22 pwns you all.

According to British research, Simulations between the 22 and the 37 yielded a 10 to 1 kill ratio for the 22.