Ford F150 Harley Davidson - 450hp for 2008.

Started by sandertheshark, September 05, 2007, 10:38:00 PM

sandertheshark

(from Ford Press Release.  Photos from seriouswheels.com)  The 2008 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 ? the most powerful factory F-Series truck ever ? races onto streets this fall to help the famed motorcycle maker and automaker kick off their 105th anniversary celebrations. The new, limited-edition truck is the third supercharged Ford Harley-Davidson F-150, following the best-selling 2002 and 2003 models that were part of more than 60,000 of the specialty trucks sold since 1999.

"Ford Harley-Davidson trucks have turned a shared passion for open roads into one of the most successful alliances in the industry," says Todd Eckert, Ford Truck and SUV communications manager. "The new 2008 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 perfectly blends the flexibility and capability of F-Series trucks with the free spirit and raw power of Harley-Davidson motorcycles ? the principles that continue to drive both companies after 105 years."

This anniversary edition F-150 honors the humble beginnings of two American icons in 1903. The truck is available as SuperCrew 4x2 or all-wheel-drive models and features a choice of Black monochromatic exterior with custom stripe running along the beltline or an available Black and Vintage Copper two-tone exterior paint.

The purposeful exteriors are complemented by other features that signal the truck's connection to Harley-Davidson motorcycles. They include:

Unique chrome billet grille and lower front valance.

Body color bumper, mirror caps, ground effects, door and tailgate handles.

Blacked-out headlamps with black bulb shield and dark tinted, smoked-out taillamps.

Windshield with Bar & Shield logo dot pattern and Alliance logo.

New 22-inch polished forged-aluminum wheels with the Bar & Shield logo on center caps.

Forged aluminum "105th Anniversary Harley-Davidson F-150" Medallions on the fenders and tailgate.

Chrome dual exhaust tips and tie-down hooks.

Rubber bed mat with HARLEY-DAVIDSON Bar & Shield logo.

The Vintage Copper and Black color scheme is carried onto the interior that features Black/Dusted Copper leather-trimmed front captain's chairs and rear bench seat with die-cast Bar & Shield logos embedded in the leather. Other interior features are:

Two-tone leather shifter, console lid and steering wheel.

High-gloss piano black floor console and center stack with the Bar & Shield logos, as well as

chrome vent rings and unique instrument cluster.

Serialized nickel plate displaying the production VIN and number.

Brushed stainless steel pedals.

The center stack, matching door-trim panels and lower part of the windshield feature numerous miniature Bar & Shield logos. In fact, the center stack panel was inspired by similar panels found on certain Harley-Davidson motorcycles.

Powertrain options include a standard 300 horsepower 5.4-liter Triton V-8 or an available Saleen intercooled, supercharged, V-8 that pumps out an impressive 450 horsepower and 500 lbs.-ft. of torque. Along with the engine upgrades, the Saleen performance package, available on the 4x2 only, includes an available gauge pod with boost and air-charge temperature gauges.

The 2008 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 truck is the tenth model to emerge from a Ford Harley-Davidson Alliance that began in 1999. The co-branding of the two storied companies has proven to be a successful formula with sales of Ford Harley-Davidson F-Series trucks totaling more than 60,000 units.

Soup DeVille

Nice truck. Take off all the Harley badges and I'd really want one.

Not that I have anything in particular about Harleys, but they're motorcycles, not pick-up trucks.

I wouldn't buy a Vespa scooter with Ferrari badges all over it either.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

sandertheshark

Quote from: Soup DeVille on September 05, 2007, 11:14:33 PM

Will you settle for Steve Saleen's sense of style?  The same engine and a similar interior will be in the 2008 S331 Sport Truck.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: sandertheshark on September 05, 2007, 11:27:46 PM
Will you settle for Steve Saleen's sense of style?? The same engine and a similar interior will be in the 2008 S331 Sport Truck.

Yes, I like the style, in fact I like everything about that truck except for the licensed cross-marketting BS.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

omicron

Get me an AWD Taurus, fix the interior, fit this engine, and I'll be much happier.

giant_mtb

Those are cool trucks, though I wish I could get a Harley-Davidson version without the Harley-Davidson part.  Well, I probably could just buy aftermarket parts for it from Ford, but that's not the point.  :huh: :mask:

Secret Chimp

They shouldn't call this thing a Harley-Davidson edition. I mean come on, the engine actually makes power :P

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Atomic

Quote from: Soup DeVille on September 05, 2007, 11:14:33 PM

Not that I have anything in particular about Harleys, but they're motorcycles, not pick-up trucks.

I wouldn't buy a Vespa scooter with Ferrari badges all over it either.

if the badges were smaller and more than mere decals that eventually peel off, i wouldn't mind them.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Atomic on September 06, 2007, 05:43:21 PM
if the badges were smaller and more than mere decals that eventually peel off, i wouldn't mind them.

I would. A Harley davidson is a motorcycle an F-150 is a pick-up. Would you run around with Ford badges on your Harley?

280Z Turbo

It's all marketing.

My dad wants a Harley so bad. His Dakota has a Harley hitch cover and floor mats. He already has a nice Yamaha that probably rides better than a Harley, but I can't convince him to keep it.

Oh well...who am I to crush his lifelong dream? :P

Atomic

Quote from: Soup DeVille on September 06, 2007, 05:45:16 PM
I would. A Harley davidson is a motorcycle an F-150 is a pick-up. Would you run around with Ford badges on your Harley?

actually, no. however, i do like the eddie bauer versions of ford's suv's.

JYODER240

These things have always seemed kinda tacky to me.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Champ

That interior is really nice, I like that color combo.

S204STi

Wow, I'd better go stage 2 quick, before a pickup kicks my ass. :confused:

Onslaught

Quote from: JYODER240 on September 06, 2007, 08:50:19 PM
These things have always seemed kinda tacky to me.

Yea, They ride like Vipers too.  :devil:

I agree with the no Hawg crap all over them. I just don't get it.
I wounder how much they will overcharge for these things?

thewizard16

I'm not a Harley fan at all, but I like the truck otherwise. Cool looking interior, sporty (for a truck) exterior. I'd drive it if I were driving a truck.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

giant_mtb

They should offer this same vehicle without the Harley designation and give it the name of F-150 Lightning.  Nobody would know the difference, and they could sell even more of 'em.

Pancor

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on September 06, 2007, 05:57:01 PM
It's all marketing.

My dad wants a Harley so bad. His Dakota has a Harley hitch cover and floor mats. He already has a nice Yamaha that probably rides better than a Harley, but I can't convince him to keep it.

Oh well...who am I to crush his lifelong dream? :P

All Harley owners care about is owning a Harley, no matter how loud, underpowered, or full of holes they are.  I'd rather ride :ohyeah:       Lol at your old man for having HD shit on his truck without actually having one! 

SVT666

All I have to say is...9 mpg.? That means it would cost $140 a week in gas for me.? Fuck that.

Champ

Quote from: R-inge on September 06, 2007, 09:05:41 PM
Wow, I'd better go stage 2 quick, before a pickup kicks my ass. :confused:
Man those big pickups are the ones you gotta watch out for!

The last dyno I did, there was a Dodge 2500 with dualies that did 950 ft-lbs and 450hp - at the wheels.  When he left he did a SIX WHEEL burnout for like 50 feet.

Cobra93

They should give it the same HP/L as a Harley. Then it could crank out a ground pounding 260 HP.  :rockon:

S204STi

Quote from: Champ on September 07, 2007, 08:29:46 AM
Man those big pickups are the ones you gotta watch out for!

The last dyno I did, there was a Dodge 2500 with dualies that did 950 ft-lbs and 450hp - at the wheels.? When he left he did a SIX WHEEL burnout for like 50 feet.

The Duramax pwns me with a chip. :mask:

Submariner

Quote from: R-inge on September 07, 2007, 12:05:58 PM
The Duramax pwns me with a chip. :mask:

I've had a run with a chipped (I'm guessing) 2500 HD.  Twas fast.  But not fas enough.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Submariner on September 07, 2007, 01:37:57 PM
I've had a run with a chipped (I'm guessing) 2500 HD.  Twas fast.  But not fas enough.

:nono:
Just needs more turbo and more fuel.  :praise:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Soup DeVille

Quote from: giant_mtb on September 07, 2007, 04:44:58 AM
They should offer this same vehicle without the Harley designation and give it the name of F-150 Lightning.? Nobody would know the difference, and they could sell even more of 'em.

They'd probably sell a lot less actually. There's a big segment of people that go gaga for anything with an HD logo on it: Boots and jackets are just the start: toys, baby bibs, coffee mugs, house paint, there's no end and apparently no shame in whatever the boys at H_D marketting will sell or license: and it all sells.

Cobra93

Quote from: Soup DeVille on September 07, 2007, 04:34:22 PM
They'd probably sell a lot less actually. There's a big segment of people that go gaga for anything with an HD logo on it: Boots and jackets are just the start: toys, baby bibs, coffee mugs, house paint, there's no end and apparently no shame in whatever the boys at H_D marketting will sell or license: and it all sells.
It's just a shame that they have no competent motorcycles to offer.? :frown:

SVT666

Quote from: Cobra93 on September 07, 2007, 09:30:27 PM
It's just a shame that they have no competent motorcycles to offer.? :frown:
I would love my uncle's Harley.  It's beautiful.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 07, 2007, 11:12:15 PM
I would love my uncle's Harley.? It's beautiful.

They are beautiful, that's true.

S204STi

Quote from: Submariner on September 07, 2007, 01:37:57 PM
I've had a run with a chipped (I'm guessing) 2500 HD.? Twas fast.? But not fas enough.

Meh, it's ok.  When I'm pushing 280hp,320ft/lbs I won't worry too much about them.

Submariner

Quote from: R-inge on September 08, 2007, 11:39:35 AM
Meh, it's ok.  When I'm pushing 280hp,320ft/lbs I won't worry too much about them.

He got to 60 in (i'm guessing) 5 1/2 seconds, I can do it in 4.  :devil:

Oh, and I have a question, my cousin just bought a WRX wagon (same as yours) and hes looking for save, relatively affordable means of horsepower.  Any ideas.

BTW, he loves it.  :praise:
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550