New Mods!

Started by TheIntrepid, September 11, 2007, 05:52:41 PM

Pancor

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 11, 2007, 05:52:41 PM
He drives the nicest Intrepid I've ever seen; an Inferno Red '02 SXT with beautiful chrome rims crusaders and HIDs.

:rolleyes: :huh:

SVT_Power

Quote from: Champ on September 13, 2007, 08:40:59 PM
Rim = rim
Tire = rubber
Wheel = rim + rubber

For what he said, rim or wheel is the same.

that's what i thought :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

Apparently, I'm a little slow... but at least we are agreements.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Soup DeVille

Quote from: NACar on September 13, 2007, 08:47:48 PM
I always thought the wheel was the entire metal round thing, the tire was the rubber part and the rim is just the part of the wheel outside the spokes.

That may be because that's exactly what they are.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

eThirteen

For the license plate thing, I'm sure you can get away with it. If you DO get pulled over for it, just tell the cops that you lost the license plate screws so it's a temp fix until you get new screws.

Champ

I came from a bike background so I know what you guys mean, but when you are talking about a single piece wheel/rim/metal - it is far easier to refer to it like I stated.

SVT666

Quote from: Champ on September 13, 2007, 08:40:59 PM
Wheel = rim + rubber
No it's not.  Wheel is the metal part and tire is the rubber part.  I can't put it any simpler.

Submariner

Quote from: NACar on September 11, 2007, 08:12:47 PM
A11 j00r moDs ar3 bel0ng to us.

Ok, so, that looks to be a first generation LS, with the tails of off a C-215 Merc CL.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

TheIntrepid

Next up: 5% tint all around.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Champ

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 17, 2007, 07:37:04 AM
You live in Canada?

Have you ever driven a car at night with a tint that dark?

heelntoe

that's just plain stupid IMO.
i had a visor with 35% tint and i had trouble with it at night(i don't use that visor anymore because of that)
@heelntoe

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Champ on September 17, 2007, 10:54:22 AM
You live in Canada?

Have you ever driven a car at night with a tint that dark?

No I haven't, but I know of a whole bunch of Treps on dodgeintrepid.net that have 5% tint all around. Makes it look sharp as hell, and apparently makes a big difference.

AKL

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 17, 2007, 07:37:04 AM

Just to tell you, that's illegal. I suggest you don't do that. The front windows can have a max of 35 percent. The rear can have whatever you pick. I suggest you go with 15%. I have 35% front windows, 15% rear windows for my Accord. At night it does get kind of hard to see with 15%. 5% is pushing it really. That means ONLY 5% of light is being let in.

And yes it does make a difference in interior temperature. My Accord gets hot less easily now.

15% is already pretty dark. You can't see much inside with 15%. It's nearly black during rainy/gloomy days.
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

TheIntrepid

Okay then. I'll go with 15% all around. Can they actually tell that its' "illegal" tint? I mean I'm already driving around without DRLs and I'm just fine. :huh:

AKL

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 17, 2007, 03:17:38 PM
Okay then. I'll go with 15% all around. Can they actually tell that its' "illegal" tint? I mean I'm already driving around without DRLs and I'm just fine. :huh:

Whatever you want. My suggestion is don't. I hardly see any cars out there with 15% in the front. It's easy to tell because you won't be able to see the driver, or even a silhouette of the driver.

My tint has actually been thought to be 15% all around at times due to my black interior (but only on a rainy/gloomy day)
---------------------
---------------------

Champ

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 17, 2007, 03:06:55 PM
No I haven't, but I know of a whole bunch of Treps on dodgeintrepid.net that have 5% tint all around. Makes it look sharp as hell, and apparently makes a big difference.
Makes a big difference in what?  Not being able to back your car up or see around you?
Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 17, 2007, 03:17:38 PM
Yes they can spot tint, yes they have a piece of electronics to measure it and yes they can give you a ticket for it.  Picking out tint levels is usually pretty easy by the naked eye.  They can pull you over for suspision of illegal tint.

However, it seems most cops don't care unless they are having a shitty day or bored.

Anything darker than 30% becomes hard to see especially at night.  Parking or driving around in the city can be sketchy.  Cars can hide in your blind spot really easily.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: AKL on September 17, 2007, 03:20:30 PM
Whatever you want. My suggestion is don't. I hardly see any cars out there with 15% in the front. It's easy to tell because you won't be able to see the driver, or even a silhouette of the driver.

My tint has actually been thought to be 15% all around at times due to my black interior (but only on a rainy/gloomy day)

Who'd you get it done by? Any recommendations, since I'm near you?

AKL

Oh, and one more thing. If you're going for tint that dark you should get a pretty good place. Tint that dark only looks good when it's the colour black.

I've seen way to many bad tint jobs done. My Accord actually has some air bubbles I had to bring it back to repair some. I got the Santa Fe done for free (front windows), it was actually spotless though.
---------------------
---------------------

TheIntrepid

Quote from: AKL on September 17, 2007, 03:25:09 PM
Oh, and one more thing. If you're going for tint that dark you should get a pretty good place. Tint that dark only looks good when it's the colour black.

I've seen way to many bad tint jobs done. My Accord actually has some air bubbles I had to bring it back to repair some. I got the Santa Fe done for free (front windows), it was actually spotless though.

See my previous post.;)

AKL

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 17, 2007, 03:24:47 PM

Who'd you get it done by? Any recommendations, since I'm near you?
Apple Auto Glass. They're pricey though. $270 for my Accord.

My friend got his 07 Camry done at some random place for $200. The cut on his rear window is uneven.
---------------------
---------------------

AKL

To give you an idea of the tint "colour" you'll get.
---------------------
---------------------

Champ

Look for a place that offers a warranty, the better shops will have lifetime warranty.  I would estimate the price to be $200-$250.

AKL

Yup.
Apple Autoglass has a lifetime warranty.

The Santa Fe was done by the dealer for free so I really didn't get a warranty. But I know the owner anyways so he can probably pull a few strings.
---------------------
---------------------

TheIntrepid

Quote from: AKL on September 17, 2007, 03:35:39 PM
Yup.
Apple Autoglass has a lifetime warranty.

The Santa Fe was done by the dealer for free so I really didn't get a warranty. But I know the owner anyways so he can probably pull a few strings.

I'll give them a call. Also, check your PMs.

AKL

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 17, 2007, 03:37:35 PM
I'll give them a call. Also, check your PMs.

Oh and try different places. I got quoted different numbers. 290, 285, etc. They don't have a fixed number I guess.
---------------------
---------------------

TheIntrepid

Quote from: AKL on September 17, 2007, 03:40:41 PM
Oh and try different places. I got quoted different numbers. 290, 285, etc. They don't have a fixed number I guess.

I expect your reply to that PM :lol:

AKL

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 17, 2007, 03:42:05 PM
I expect your reply to that PM :lol:

Did it go through? I'm not sure if I hit send. I'll try again.
---------------------
---------------------

TheIntrepid

Quote from: AKL on September 17, 2007, 03:47:42 PM
Did it go through? I'm not sure if I hit send. I'll try again.

Got it and replied. :rockon:

SVT666

Trep, I suggest you check the Ontario laws regarding tint because out here in Alberta and BC you can have whatever tint you want on all windows except the windshield and front driver and passenger door windows.  No aftermarket tint is allowed by law on those windows.