New Mods!

Started by TheIntrepid, September 11, 2007, 05:52:41 PM

TheIntrepid

So yesterday I met up with a guy that goes to my university, that I met off the DodgeIntrepid.Net forums.

He drives the nicest Intrepid I've ever seen; an Inferno Red '02 SXT with beautiful chrome rims crusaders and HIDs. He helped me disconnect my DRLs.

I then connected SilverStars into both my fog lamps and my low beam headlights.

I rarely drive the car like this, only because the majority of my driving, even at night, is in nice well-lit areas. It's still nice to have this.

So as I said, this guy helped me disconnect my Daytime Running Lights, which runs the fogs and "shadows" parking lights during the day, which looks sharp as hell:

This is what the Trep looks like 99% of the time.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Raghavan

The best mod you could get for the Trep is to just buy a new car.

SVT_Power

take pictures when it's not pitch dark outside
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raghavan on September 11, 2007, 05:54:25 PM
The best mod you could get for the Trep is to just buy a new car.

That's not very nice, especially coming from someone who doesn't have a car. :rolleyes:

Quote from: M_power on September 11, 2007, 05:54:44 PM
take pictures when it's not pitch dark outside

I'll try to get some tomorrow. I just got home and it's thunderstorming right now.

S204STi

Get ready to buy another set of Silverstars in 6 months!  ;)

Lighting is probably the best upgrade initially to any car.

SVT_Power

the first shot looks almost like a 996
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

S204STi

Quote from: M_power on September 11, 2007, 05:58:49 PM
the first shot looks almost like a 996

That's what I thought it was too!

TheIntrepid

The Trep is proud to hear that. :P

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT_Power

r0tor

Quote from: R-inge on September 11, 2007, 05:57:27 PM
Get ready to buy another set of Silverstars in 6 months!  ;)

Lighting is probably the best upgrade initially to any car.

more like 6 days!
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

the Teuton

I have a set of Silverstars that have worked fine for the last 2 years. I like them a lot.  Nice mods.

I like the mods, but don't you have to have DRLs in Canada by law?

Lastly, Rag, you need to appreciate that while some people don't have the coolest cars on earth, they still love them.  Show a little respect.  ;)
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Soup DeVille

So, this is what its come to, is it?

In days past, when I guy said he was going to modify his car, you'd expect to see him chopping and chanelling the body.

Now "mods" are new headlight bulbs.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Raghavan

Quote from: the Teuton on September 11, 2007, 06:27:11 PM
I have a set of Silverstars that have worked fine for the last 2 years. I like them a lot.  Nice mods.

Lastly, Rag, you need to appreciate that while some people don't have the coolest cars on earth, they still love them.  Show a little respect.  ;)
It was mostly a joke and partly some disappointment that changing headlights can be called "mods".

the Teuton

Quote from: Raghavan on September 11, 2007, 07:28:59 PM
It was mostly a joke and partly some disappointment that changing headlights can be called "mods".

For schnits and giggles, I have an STi i badge on the front of my car, if that helps add to my 110 hp of glory.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

giant_mtb

You needed help disconnecting some lights?  :wtf:  How is changing a light bulb a "mod" anyway?  By definition, yes, it is...but...come on.

:thumbsup:

Raghavan

Quote from: the Teuton on September 11, 2007, 07:53:47 PM
For schnits and giggles, I have an STi i badge on the front of my car, if that helps add to my 110 hp of glory.
I consider that to be a mod, but headlights are required and are safety items.

Eye of the Tiger

A11 j00r moDs ar3 bel0ng to us.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: giant_mtb on September 11, 2007, 08:06:10 PM
You needed help disconnecting some lights?  :wtf:  How is changing a light bulb a "mod" anyway?  By definition, yes, it is...but...come on.

:thumbsup:

I have no idea what I'm doing, believe me. :lol:

SVT_Power

Quote from: NACar on September 11, 2007, 08:12:47 PM

what the fuck was that originally?

Rupert

S-Class, I think.

New headlight bulbs aren't mods. New reflectors too (not the kind on the side of the car o_0)? That would be a mod.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

r0tor

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 11, 2007, 08:50:53 PM
I have no idea what I'm doing, believe me. :lol:

don't w0rry... we believe you
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

TheIntrepid

Quote from: the Teuton on September 11, 2007, 06:27:11 PM

Yes. So? :devil:

I see plenty of cars running around with no lights on. Plus, I keep my fogs and shadows on 99% of the time. :huh:

heelntoe

@heelntoe

SaltyDog

Cool but next time go for GE Nighthawks.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

heelntoe

i'm thinking of getting phillips crystal/diamond vision or rallye.
@heelntoe

etypeJohn

Those spoilers have to be worth at least 30 HP about 15MPH more top speed and probably 15% more cornering force at typical highway exit ramp speeds.  Awsome.

JYODER240

I wouldn't call new bulbs a "mod" but w/e.

Have fun replacing them every couple of months.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Eye of the Tiger

Trep, you should replace the rest of your bulbs with those LED cluster thingys. Them are cool.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/1157.htm

SVT666

Quote from: NACar on September 12, 2007, 11:22:42 AM
Trep, you should replace the rest of your bulbs with those LED cluster thingys. Them are cool.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/1157.htm
I'm gonna get those bulbs for my Sunfire.  I hear they add 0.00000043 hp.