Post your driveway/garage/carpark!

Started by TheIntrepid, October 05, 2007, 07:09:53 AM

dazzleman

Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever backed into my garage.

I used to back into the driveway sometimes, when I wasn't using the garage, because my driveway is a bitch to back out of because it's so long.

Now, I just turn the car around at the bottom, and pull it out of the driveway.

I had forgotten about this thread.  I posted my driveway in here about a year and a half ago.  Looking at the pictures, I get wistful for the nicer weather we had then.  I hate winter.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

rohan

Dave it's still that clean we only take it out to run the batteries up in the winter.  The GTO looks like it's brown though! 

And I like how it looks with the cars in backwards.  Plus with the sharp turn into the garage it's easier to back in.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

dazzleman

Quote from: rohan on January 25, 2009, 11:15:02 AM
Dave it's still that clean we only take it out to run the batteries up. 

And I like how it looks with the cars in backwards.  Plus with the sharp turn into the garage it's easier to back in.

I like the front of your (and my) car better than the back, so I agree it looks better.  But with my driveway, it's much easier to pull in and back out.

So you rarely take your car out?  Is that true just in the winter, or at other times of year too?  I only have one car, so I use mine every day.  And I still only put 8,000 miles per year on it.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

rohan

We drive it mostly as a once in a while car- or if we go on longer trips.  I think it's gonna turn into a more everyday car I'm selling the GTO in the spring.  That or we'll find a cheapie to drive and keep that one nice.  That's why it's in it's own bay.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

the Teuton

So Rohan, do all of your friends, as well as you, need a Durango and a BMW?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Submariner

I back my car into the garage frequently.  My girlfriend on the other hand, can barely make it into the garage going in nose first, so she never backs in.   :lol:
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

rohan

Quote from: the Teuton on January 25, 2009, 11:24:06 AM
So Rohan, do all of your friends, as well as you, need a Durango and a BMW?
Yes they do or they can't be in the club.  Why? 

~Chief Seattle

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

CJ

Garage at school.  There are 6 more lifts. 

CJ

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FoMoJo

A couple of shots.  I'll take some more when it's not so cold.

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

CJ

Quote from: NACar on January 25, 2009, 12:19:47 PM
where is volvo :frown:

The second picture was before Volvo's time.  Several months, actually.  Sorry.  :frown:

Raza

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on January 25, 2009, 11:10:35 AM
Who backs into their own garage?

You must be a fan of delayed gratification. :lol:

I backed into my garage when I parked in it.  And now I back into the spot in front of my garage. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Byteme

Quote from: FoMoJo on January 25, 2009, 12:31:11 PM
A couple of shots.  I'll take some more when it's not so cold.

My feet feel frozen just looking at those pictures.  They just remind me how much I don't miss real winter weather.

hotrodalex

Quote from: dazzleman on January 25, 2009, 11:14:56 AM
Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever backed into my garage.

I always back my Camaro in. It's much easier to work on that way. But because I always back in, the floor has lots of tire marks on it. Stupid floor isn't even with the driveway so I have to nail the gas to get the tire over the little curb.

cawimmer430

My "driveway" in Munich when my parents visit. It looks spacious but try backing out or parking a small BMW 118i next to an E-Class in such a tight space. Oh, and I was practically backed up against the wall behind me when I took this picture.

Parking spaces and garage sizes in Germany are "fucking gay".   :nutty:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie