Post your driveway/garage/carpark!

Started by TheIntrepid, October 05, 2007, 07:09:53 AM

TheIntrepid

Let's post our driveways, complete with our family cars, roommates' cars, etc

I'll start

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Champ

I'll get some this weekend if it's not raining!

saxonyron

Here's the driveway.  Cars in the garage?  That's for mere mortals.  My garage is occupied not by cars, but bikes, lawn and yard stuff, various ongoing projects, etc. etc.   Hell, I gave up years ago.  I had an 8x10 mudroom built right into the garage where the kids can enter from the patio and hang up 37 jackets, shoes, etc. Unfortunately, it's a better use for the space for now.  The 5 year plan involves pushing out a 2 car garage where I might actually stick the cars.  :lol:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

the Teuton

Quote from: saxonyron on October 05, 2007, 08:22:27 AM
Here's the driveway.  Cars in the garage?  That's for mere mortals.  My garage is occupied not by cars, but bikes, lawn and yard stuff, various ongoing projects, etc. etc.   Hell, I gave up years ago.  I had an 8x10 mudroom built right into the garage where the kids can enter from the patio and hang up 37 jackets, shoes, etc. Unfortunately, it's a better use for the space for now.  The 5 year plan involves pushing out a 2 car garage where I might actually stick the cars.  :lol:

Is that enough in the way of jackets for the 50 or so children living in your house?  I heard on NPR today that your family is officially bigger than the population of Luxembourg.  Congrats!
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

93JC

Driveway? Garage? Carpark?

Try the street in front of my house.

sandertheshark

Raza

Old picture.  December 28th, 2006, I believe.

27F.  Top down.  I love convertibles.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

the Teuton

Old picture, shared driveway.  My mom said that I shouldn't call home for a few days.  I'm getting a hint that they might have moved in the past few days.  If they did, it better have a garage.

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

saxonyron

Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2007, 11:14:18 AM
Is that enough in the way of jackets for the 50 or so children living in your house?  I heard on NPR today that your family is officially bigger than the population of Luxembourg.  Congrats!

:lol: :lol:

Thanks!  No, really, it's not so bad if you have them well trained.  I have signs posted reminding the little darlings that jackets go on the coat hooks, shoes on the shelves, or serious ramifications will result.  It seems to work.  Like Col. Von Trapp in The Sound of Music - I'm like a drill instructor for my kids.  Well, in my dreams anyway.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Colonel Cadillac

The whole driveway back when I had the Volvo:

The Allroad and the TSX at the top of the driveway (which is gravel):

And my Dad's car for the complete "garage":

Vinsanity

I live in an apartment complex. Here is what I'm driving for the time being (the red one). :mask:

It's a long story. I'll post it on Monday (with more pics to accompany). I need to take a nap now. :frown:

thewizard16

I'll get one in here eventually. I'm not leaving the safety of indoors right now since there are 400,000 bikers outside.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

CJ

I'll take some pictures in a little while.

Rupert

Room mates' cars, a '95 XJ6 (yeah, that's right) and a Camry of typical type. There's also a red four cylinder Fiero when the third room mate is here.

There's the Ranger in front of the barn.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Raza

Chopster, how many SUVs do your family have?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Panama_Chopster

Quote from: Raza  on October 06, 2007, 05:38:29 PM
Chopster, how many SUVs do your family have?

Those three. We can only have tall cars because my dad has back problems and while he can get inside of a lower car, getting out is a real pain for him. Crossovers were either too basic or nearly non-existent back when we were looking for new cars. Though my mom wanted a Mk. IV Golf for her, we couldn't afford to get that and the Patrol. I think she'll use my Renault pretty often, unless I manage to get a good deal in a Clio 197RS (If she was scared of a 2.8 Corsica, I don't wanna see her in one of these).

Raza

Quote from: Panama_Chopster on October 06, 2007, 05:47:54 PM
Those three. We can only have tall cars because my dad has back problems and while he can get inside of a lower car, getting out is a real pain for him. Crossovers were either too basic or nearly non-existent back when we were looking for new cars. Though my mom wanted a Mk. IV Golf for her, we couldn't afford to get that and the Patrol. I think she'll use my Renault pretty often, unless I manage to get a good deal in a Clio 197RS (If she was scared of a 2.8 Corsica, I don't wanna see her in one of these).

When are you getting the Renault?

Nice house, by the way.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Panama_Chopster

Hopefully in Jan/Feb. Thanks about the house, we've managed to keep some of the original look on the outside. You're looking at the rear of it though.

JWC

No garage, just the carport.  The driveway is in the photo below.

The garage (separate from the house) has been converted into a photo studio.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Vinsanity on October 06, 2007, 04:52:32 PM
I live in an apartment complex. Here is what I'm driving for the time being (the red one). :mask:

It's a long story. I'll post it on Monday (with more pics to accompany). I need to take a nap now. :frown:

Good man! LE with hubcaps in Barcelona Red. Interesting. What'd you do with the TL? Good riddance, POS honda can't keep up. :devil:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

The Pirate

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on October 05, 2007, 06:43:37 PM
The whole driveway back when I had the Volvo:

The Allroad and the TSX at the top of the driveway (which is gravel):

And my Dad's car for the complete "garage":

Nice looking compound your folks have!  I love the long(ish) driveway and the plethora of trees and plants.  Makes it look nice and secluded.

When I'm a homeowner, I hope to have the same thing.  Digging the Volvo wagon too!
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

CJ

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 06, 2007, 07:55:46 PM
Good man! LE with hubcaps in Barcelona Red. Interesting. What'd you do with the TL? Good riddance, POS honda can't keep up. :devil:

I'm pretty sure it's a rental.

the Teuton

Well, I will have pics from a new house for me by the time I get home -- hopefully with a garage.  Actually, I'm pretty sure the place my parents are moving has a garage.  Upgrade!

Onslaught

I needed a walk so I took one of my driveway all the way up to the garage and then on the inside. My dirty car and my girls POS 2000 Honda Civic.

Raghavan

Onslaught

If I didn't have to pay for the gravel then they would be. I still throw some rocks out with me go cart.

saxonyron

Quote from: Onslaught on October 07, 2007, 02:29:01 PM
I needed a walk so I took one of my driveway all the way up to the garage and then on the inside. My dirty car and my girls POS 2000 Honda Civic.

Nice spread!  I like having your own dirt road.  Unless you're in the snow belt.  That might get a little tiring after a few snow storms, unless you have your own plow.  Is that your metal gate across the driveway to prevent interlopers from invading?  Wow!  And I thought I lived in the sticks! :lol:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

Onslaught

It's my gate. I've got a code panel that opens it so I can keep unwanted persons out. I've lived in the city for years so being back out in the sticks is kind of strange. But I'm only 20 minutes ways from the city so it's ok.

saxonyron

Quote from: Onslaught on October 07, 2007, 10:02:45 PM
It's my gate. I've got a code panel that opens it so I can keep unwanted persons out. I've lived in the city for years so being back out in the sticks is kind of strange. But I'm only 20 minutes ways from the city so it's ok.

Nice!  Moving to the outback does take some getting used to.  I moved here 9 years ago (Oct. 4, 1998).  Before that, I'd always lived in suburbia, around 50 feet from the next house, and always near a highway.  Now my nearest neighbor is 150 ft away, and beyond him, I can't see any other houses.  I'm 15 minutes of beautiful country roads from me to the highway and the city, and when the sun goes down, my neighborhood is pitch black.  Took some getting used to!  Now I can't imagine moving back to a suburban neighborhood.  It's addictive!

And I see you're in NC - no snow to plow down there.  Makes a long driveway much more palatable!

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan