The Craigslist/eBay/AutoTrader Thread

Started by TheIntrepid, November 08, 2007, 07:42:21 PM

Payman

Quote from: Laconian on March 17, 2019, 08:27:45 PM
roooooooooooooooooofl

What? You could put two entire tennis racquets back there. And maybe an entire can of tennis balls.

CaminoRacer

Lol wow.

Actual Deuce Coupes have decent trunk space. But they also have the fuel tank where most people would put a bumper. :lol:
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Laconian on March 17, 2019, 08:27:45 PM
roooooooooooooooooofl

Ok, my appetite for them is now officially 0%. I actually kinda liked them before.
Will

Soup DeVille

I sort of understand now why I see so many hauling goofy little trailers; but there's no reason to sacrifice so much for looks and then haul around a stupid looking trailer.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

We got one of these piles at an auction, and I had to remove the exhaust dump valves and supercharger kit and put it back to stock. At least there were plenty of Intrepids and 300Ms at the junkyard. What a damn piece of crap. :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 18, 2019, 10:08:02 AM
We got one of these piles at an auction, and I had to remove the exhaust dump valves and supercharger kit and put it back to stock. At least there were plenty of Intrepids and 300Ms at the junkyard. What a damn piece of crap. :lol:

So now you have a supercharger kit for any chrysler 3.5 V6?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FoMoJo

I never understood why anyone would want a Prowler.  If you wanted something that looked like a hot rod, buy a damned hot rod.  That V6 :nutty:.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 18, 2019, 10:33:41 AM
I never understood why anyone would want a Prowler.  If you wanted something that looked like a hot rod, buy a damned hot rod.  That V6 :nutty:.

You can't walk into a dealership and finance one.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 18, 2019, 10:34:31 AM

But you can refinance your house!

Or a 401k loan!

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 18, 2019, 10:34:31 AM
Pseudo hot rod.  Doesn't make sense.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

Laconian

They wanted to build a FOG supercar, but where do you put the golf clubs?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 18, 2019, 10:36:58 AM
Pseudo hot rod.  Doesn't make sense.

Prowler sales were literally cannibalized by the PT Cruiser.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 18, 2019, 10:32:32 AM
So now you have a supercharger kit for any chrysler 3.5 V6?

No, I didn't get to keep it.

veeman

I'd much rather have a Prowler than a Chrysler Crossfire.  The Prowler looked cool and as a one person transport, you can put your golf clubs in the passenger floor. 

Soup DeVille

The Crossfire was objectively a much better car though.

93JC

Ugh, the Crossfire. I actually liked the looks of them at the time, but the only ones seemingly around anymore are convertibles in this hideous shade of yellow:

93JC

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 18, 2019, 06:15:37 PM
The Crossfire was objectively a much better car though.

Is it though? Is it?

FoMoJo

Quote from: 93JC on March 18, 2019, 06:16:28 PM
Is it though? Is it?
Part of the ungodly trio, imo.  Prowler, PT Cruiser and Crossfire. I'm not really sure where they thought they were going with those.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 18, 2019, 06:19:22 PM
Part of the ungodly trio, imo.  Prowler, PT Cruiser and Crossfire. I'm not really sure where they thought they were going with those.

Back to the Future?

veeman

PT Cruiser was a nice car.  Looked cool, drove well, tons of useable space.  Chevy HHR sucked. I've rented both in the past.  Never sat in a Prowler or Crossfire.  Prowler looked cool though.  Crossfire looked lame.  In the banana yellow color or any other color. 

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: 93JC on March 18, 2019, 06:15:58 PM
Ugh, the Crossfire. I actually liked the looks of them at the time, but the only ones seemingly around anymore are convertibles in this hideous shade of yellow:

I only see them in silver.

Plus they were built partially by M-B weren't they?
Will

Soup DeVille

They were built by Karmann, and mechanically were 80% identical to the SLK and shared the M112 engine. That alone should give it a win. You could get them with a 6 speed manual, so it wins again. You supposedly can fit two golf bags in the trunk, so that's 3 wins.

The styling is well, divisive. But that's subjective.

93JC

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 18, 2019, 06:41:06 PM
They were built by Karmann, and mechanically were 80% identical to the SLK and shared the M112 engine. That alone should give it a win.

The 215 hp M112 in typical non-SRT guise? Latter-day Prowlers had >250 hp. Mechanicals from the SLK included the shitty recirculating ball steering, making it not handle particularly well.

QuoteYou could get them with a 6 speed manual, so it wins again.

The crappy one shared with trucks...? Most of them are automatics.

QuoteYou supposedly can fit two golf bags in the trunk, so that's 3 wins.

Okay, from a practicality standpoint sure, that's a win for the Crossfire.

Soup DeVille

Does a Wrangler count as a truck? That unit shifted fairly well; I'd take it over an auto any day. Would you rather be caught sharing a transmission with a Wrangler, or an entire drivetrain from an Intrepid?

Performance was , the Crossfire had a slight edge (6.9, 14.9 vs. 7.2, 15.5) so whatever power difference there is didn't matter.

Prowlers need to haul goofy trailers around, making them not particularly good handlers even compared to, well, anything Not Hauling a Trailer.

veeman

Prowler doesn't need to tow goofy trailer because passenger seat compartment is where to put golf bag.  Plus I don't golf.

Mostly I don't like the Crossfire because I used to watch the first few seasons of the Apprentice. I thought it was a real good show at the time and now kick myself for having liked it.  And the first season heavily marketed the Crossfire.  So I don't like the Crossfire.

93JC

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 18, 2019, 07:02:02 PM
Does a Wrangler count as a truck? That unit shifted fairly well; I'd take it over an auto any day. Would you rather be caught sharing a transmission with a Wrangler, or an entire drivetrain from an Intrepid?

Performance was , the Crossfire had a slight edge (6.9, 14.9 vs. 7.2, 15.5) so whatever power difference there is didn't matter.

That 7.2 second time is only the first-year Prowlers. Later ones could easily crack 0-60 runs in less than six seconds. Everybody is under the impression that because it had a six-cylinder engine it was "slow". In reality it was about as quick as an LT1-powered Camaro/Firebird. The Chrysler 3.5 was a good engine. :huh:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 93JC on March 18, 2019, 08:00:07 PM
That 7.2 second time is only the first-year Prowlers. Later ones could easily crack 0-60 runs in less than six seconds. Everybody is under the impression that because it had a six-cylinder engine it was "slow". In reality it was about as quick as an LT1-powered Camaro/Firebird. The Chrysler 3.5 was a good engine. :huh:

The 3.5 is okay, but the transaxle is a piece of shit. Autostick! Yay!

Gotta-Qik-C7

Who buys a Prowler and worries about trunk space! It's like buying a H2 Hummer and worrying about MPGs.......
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Soup DeVille

Quote from: veeman on March 18, 2019, 07:49:35 PM
Prowler doesn't need to tow goofy trailer because passenger seat compartment is where to put golf bag.  Plus I don't golf.

Mostly I don't like the Crossfire because I used to watch the first few seasons of the Apprentice. I thought it was a real good show at the time and now kick myself for having liked it.  And the first season heavily marketed the Crossfire.  So I don't like the Crossfire.

This is a fair, if irrational reason.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C6 on March 18, 2019, 08:10:32 PM
Who buys a Prowler and worries about trunk space! It's like buying a H2 Hummer and worrying about MPGs.......

Yeah but if people wanted literally almost ZERO trunk, they'd get a motorcycle. At least an H2 does what it should- be a 4 wheel transport vehicle.
Will