Yes!
20 (43.5%)
No :(
15 (32.6%)
Only on cool cars.
11 (23.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Champ

I love vanity plates.  To me they offer something unique about your car, and are ALWAYS good for a conversation piece.  I get asked about it all the time, and it's a good way to break the ice.

I need a plate for the '91... anyone have any ideas?  I'm thinking LVESNOW or something, since it's a winter car and owns in the white stuff  :rockon:

Vinsanity

Although I like using amusing vanity plates as my avatar, I voted "only on cool cars" just to avoid ideas like putting "GODFTHR" on a Camry or a Dodge Intrepid :mask:

but classic Saabs (heck, modern ones too) get a pass :ohyeah:

first suggestion that comes to mind if you want a winter theme is SNOW RLY

etypejohn

I don't care one way or the other.  I had "68 Fiat" on my .............you guessed it, 68 Fiat.  Back then Texas charged a $10 surcharge for a custom plate.  Then they discovered what a gold mine it was and jacked up the price and I said forget it.

Personal favorite: On a Contach..... IXLR8

Vinsanity

always wanted to get KTHXBYE while I had the S2000 :mrcool:

Raza

Nope, don't care for them.  But it may have to do with my paranoia.  I don't put anything on my car that's unique and visible.  No window stickers (unless I have to), no bumper stickers, no school endorsements, nothing like that.  I want my car to be anonymous when it has to be.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

The Pirate

Quote from: Vinsanity on December 04, 2007, 10:46:49 AM
always wanted to get KTHXBYE while I had the S2000 :mrcool:

That's awesome!  :lol:
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

the Teuton

I don't drive the prettiest car on earth right now, but I kinda want SUBRU, SBYDBY, GOTAWD, or DOOBIE for a plate right now.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Champ

Quote from: etypejohn on December 04, 2007, 10:45:11 AM
I don't care one way or the other.  I had "68 Fiat" on my .............you guessed it, 68 Fiat.  Back then Texas charged a $10 surcharge for a custom plate.  Then they discovered what a gold mine it was and jacked up the price and I said forget it.

Personal favorite: On a Contach..... IXLR8
It's $100 here in MN for 7 years, so it's not like that's some huge investment.

My favorite: SINGLE on a old vette driven by a guy in his 50's :ohyeah:
Quote from: Raza  on December 04, 2007, 10:58:41 AM
Nope, don't care for them.  But it may have to do with my paranoia.  I don't put anything on my car that's unique and visible.  No window stickers (unless I have to), no bumper stickers, no school endorsements, nothing like that.  I want my car to be anonymous when it has to be.
Says the guy in the Porsche.

etypejohn

Quote from: Champ on December 04, 2007, 11:59:16 AM
It's $100 here in MN for 7 years, so it's not like that's some huge investment.

Texas is $40 each year.

chevyguy06

I've thought about putting something like PONTIAC or BRTZ GT on mine...but when I finally tagged it a couple weeks ago I just got the normal one.
'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

MaxPower

I saw a Forester yesterday with the vanity plate "VNTY PLT"

I'd never put a vanity plate on my cars but I do get a kick out of seeing some...recent standouts in my mind include a Mini Cooper S with the plate "THE STIG" and an old F150 with the plate "PAID4" (do they want a congratulatory slap on the back?)

My current randomly-assigned plate is a very round number and I've been asked before what it means, as if it was a vanity that I picked out myself.  They're usually disappointed when I tell them it was luck of the draw.

Eye of the Tiger

I remember an 80's Cavalier with "YOURMOM" plates. That was cool.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

TheIntrepid

My girlfriend's ordered vanity plates with her first name on them, and I'm considering getting "ADI" on the Trep instead of GODFTHR.

Yeah they're cool.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Laconian

So, tell me this. Why are there vanity plate resellers in England? And why do their vanity plates suck? I see shit like "R1CH CE09" go for $5000 in the back of Top Gear magazine. :wtf:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

The Pirate

I voted for only on cool cars.  I see some clever ones from time to time, but they generally don't do too much for me and I doubt I'd ever get one.  Exceptions would be if I owned a '70 Chevelle SS or something like that.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

2o6

Quote from: Laconian on December 04, 2007, 02:37:34 PM
So, tell me this. Why are there vanity plate resellers in England? And why do their vanity plates suck? I see shit like "R1CH CE09" go for $5000 in the back of Top Gear magazine. :wtf:

In Europe, Licence plates aren't unique for each individual. It is not uncommon to buy a car with the licence plate included.

Colonel Cadillac

Vanity plates are great! I love driving around and seeing vanity plates and occasionally having to decipher what they mean. I'm not sure I would get one, but they're great if everyone else does!

the Teuton

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on December 04, 2007, 03:10:26 PM
Vanity plates are great! I love driving around and seeing vanity plates and occasionally having to decipher what they mean. I'm not sure I would get one, but they're great if everyone else does!

It's like the caps on Lions Head bottles.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raghavan

Only on cool cars.
Otherwise, no.

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Raghavan

I like that pun on the Z. :lol:

Soup DeVille

Only if they're funny or interesting.

IDIOTBX on a Hummer H2 is wonderful.

I also saw OMGWHEEE on something the other day, I though that was funny.
ILIAD on a Honda Odyssey was sort of weird too.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raghavan on December 04, 2007, 11:05:54 PM
I like that pun on the Z. :lol:

That's like 3 puns in 1. That's amazing.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Champ

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 04, 2007, 11:06:41 PM
Only if they're funny or interesting.

IDIOTBX on a Hummer H2 is wonderful.

I also saw OMGWHEEE on something the other day, I though that was funny.
ILIAD on a Honda Odyssey was sort of weird too.
LOL those are nice ;)

Wish we could have 8 chars here in MN like that Z, we are limited to 7 though :(

Vinsanity

One of these days, I'll buy an old Corniche and get my avatar as the license plate :lol:

traumadog

Here's a couple from some friends I know:

A 10-second Evo IX:

A white 350Z "X32 J4RO":
My Cardomain pages...
My 2004 VY/VZ Conversion (1 of < 889...)
My 1981 Eldorado Diesel <-- slower, but smokier
The wife's 2002 Trailblazer EXT

Vinsanity

When I was looking at buying a Honda Element, I was soo ready to order plates that said "LOLR SK8" :lol: I seriously would have been at the DMV the next day with my request

Raza

Quote from: JYODER240 on December 04, 2007, 10:42:40 PM
I like this one.

Is that owned by some guy named Zed who lives in a place called Blue Bayou?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.